Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bubbe--can you take a pic of the damage? I'm having a hard time coming up with a solution because I can't visualize it. I'd like to give advice if possible.

Sure thing....lemme do that now.BRB...

Oh Bubbe...that is a beautiful blanket...What a dissappointment it must have been when you saw that unraveled square...I'm sure you will figure out what to do...

I received 3 squares from MrsMcKee yesterday..An all yellow (how cheery) and 2 different yellow/green combos...All beautiful hand works...Thank you muchly..

Big Hugs (((HUGGS))) ...ST

Any thoughts? I see that it came undone at a place where one round ended. I didn't leave enough tail to keep it secure.

Okay, can you draw the purple strand tight and use a yarn needle to weave the tail through the bottoms of the red stitches above? Look carefully at undamaged stitches to see where the purple goes through the red.

Any thoughts? I see that it came undone at a place where one round ended. I didn't leave enough tail to keep it secure.

[ATTACH]58624[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]58623[/ATTACH]

What a beautiful afghan! But I understand your heartbreak. :hug I just had that happen on an afghan not too long ago. I pulled the whole section out and redid it, but it was a motif on the side, and fairly easy to fix ... though I was so mad about it that I didn't fix it for about 2 weeks. Have you thought about Russian Joining more of the same color to your short end? Would that work?

I finished the end of the first Crochet Mystery Series book last night. I really enjoyed it :) Also, it had a simple pattern and 2 recipes in the back. I started the 2nd book this morning.

Well I just typed a gianormous page and had a power blip and now it's gone.

I do agree with Cindy on the fix idea. That seems to be the best option....just not right now. Gota let the sting of it all wear off.

I got a great new book, (new to me) called "When Granny Meets Filet". There's about 50 filet squares patterns in it and that is my new obsession!

Watch out there may be some coming y'alls way. :lol

http://www.amazon.com/When-Granny-Meets-Filet-Stitches/dp/1596354216

And there's 50 unique granny squares in there too.

Hope everyone has a super day~!

I do agree with Cindy on the fix idea. That seems to be the best option....just not right now. Gota let the sting of it all wear off.

I got a great new book, (new to me) called "When Granny Meets Filet". There's about 50 filet squares patterns in it and that is my new obsession!

sure sounds like a neat book

I finished the end of the first Crochet Mystery Series book last night. I really enjoyed it :) Also, it had a simple pattern and 2 recipes in the back. I started the 2nd book this morning.

What's the name of this new series?! I'm currently following the Annie's Attic Mystery series and LOVE it! I've read every one so far, and can hardly wait for each new book!!!

Okay, can you draw the purple strand tight and use a yarn needle to weave the tail through the bottoms of the red stitches above? Look carefully at undamaged stitches to see where the purple goes through the red.

I also advise a bit of invisible fabric glue dotted on the end you are hiding, to avoid future mishaps. It is a beautiful ghan, andut completely re workable, Im sure, I sure would give it a hec of a try!

woo hoo sounds like a winner!!!!!

Thanks girls!!

I had a great day. Markets in the morning and Shailee had a dance performance in the afternoon. The boys dance group were on first and a stray dog joined them and almost tripped a boy over. Shai's group were next and her teacher moved the dog before they started. While they were dancing he was rolling around on his back in time to the music. It was so cute! He stole the show.

Hi everyone ! Hope u all are doing wonderfully well today.

I have had a really nice few days. My sweetie bOught me a PSP and some games then we celebrated a friends weddind and my sons 10th birthday. While the kids were playing with the new toys my ds got me and sweetie were sitting on the bed talking and he went to take my rings off my right hand. I was like what are u doing? And had to help hi with them. Well guess what he did ???? He got up and walked around the bed and got down on one knee and he PROPOSED !!!!! I was in shock. I was not expecting him to do it for a long time. It was completely off the top of his head and so sweet. We are going to have a long engagement as there are a lot of things that need to be taken care of first. But I am so happy :)

I have had a really nice few days. My sweetie bOught me a PSP and some games then we celebrated a friends weddind and my sons 10th birthday. While the kids were playing with the new toys my ds got me and sweetie were sitting on the bed talking and he went to take my rings off my right hand. I was like what are u doing? And had to help hi with them. Well guess what he did ???? He got up and walked around the bed and got down on one knee and he PROPOSED !!!!! I was in shock. I was not expecting him to do it for a long time. It was completely off the top of his head and so sweet. We are going to have a long engagement as there are a lot of things that need to be taken care of first. But I am so happy :)

Congratulations!!!!

Woot Woot Wootington! Congrats!

kuddles

Congrats, ImmaFreak! Hey, nothin' wrong with a long engagement. That means more time to plan a wedding. Its hard!

I have a massive headache that refuses to go away and I am really achy all over. I've tried asprin, naproxin, ibuprofin, and percocet all to no avail. I was taking cold & allergy meds too but the last couple of doses didn't do a thing for me, and I ran out. I can't figure out what the dealio is. 40 hrs and ticking......

was checking the dc on the two pkgs. I sent Fri.

one is already in Az. the other is just across the river in Norfolk,they both went the same rate.

have 35+ squares done,need to get the ends under before it becomes an all day job again,I said I wasn't going to do that again,I guess when I play with color,I get mesmerized and keep making them,lol

Archived