Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Hi everyone...Welcome Brittney and congrats to Imma on her new nephew...What a huge baby...Oh my aching uterus !!!

I was able to hitch a ride to the mailbox and found to my surprise not one but two puffy packages...Each contained two gorgeous squares...Thank you from the bottom of my heart to Pineknott and cshort...You both hit the nail on the head...I got a kick out of the 'tickled pink' one and the 'watermelon' one made me run to the fridge for fruit...The 'lavendar and purple' grannies are spectacular and reminded me of 'grape' colors...I wish I could post pix of them, but don't have the capabilities...

This is gonna be one colorful ghan...

glad you got them and liked them,it was from having watermelon over Labor day weekend that inspired that one,I might even make myself a few of those for my ghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your color combinations are absolutely beautiful

I cant finish this one fast enough

lol

Katie.

well I was true to my word,when I told you I was going to stuff the largest puffy envelope I had with as many as I could fit.

I have to crochet almost every day to keep the ol fingers flexible,getting old is the pits.

I think I learned from the marathon tucking section,cause most times I use three colors in my squares,after I have about 10 made to go ahead and tuck those ends.

Your color combinations are absolutely beautiful

I cant finish this one fast enough

lol

thank you,I try my best,its going to get harder,I'm starting to run out of colors,when you start to see all white or cream squares,I'll be rounding up some loose change and getting some new colors,lol

how many blankets are totally finished??

Monday at 832PM My sister in Law had her baby :cheer His name is Noah and weighed in at 9 pounds and is 22 inches long ! So needless to say with all the commotion I havent been on in a few days havent even touched my computer LOL but now im back YAY Hope everyone is well

Congratulations on the new family member!

Hi everyone...Welcome Brittney and congrats to Imma on her new nephew...What a huge baby...Oh my aching uterus !!!

I was able to hitch a ride to the mailbox and found to my surprise not one but two puffy packages...Each contained two gorgeous squares...Thank you from the bottom of my heart to Pineknott and cshort...You both hit the nail on the head...I got a kick out of the 'tickled pink' one and the 'watermelon' one made me run to the fridge for fruit...The 'lavendar and purple' grannies are spectacular and reminded me of 'grape' colors...I wish I could post pix of them, but don't have the capabilities...

This is gonna be one colorful ghan...

I'm glad you like the squares.

The Link ami is done! Check out my handiwork here. Now to finish weaving in ends on my ghan....

Welcome to the group, Brittany!

Welcome to the world, Noah!

Lovely eyecandy ladies! Great job! Keep up the good work!

Does anyone have a small ball of RHSS light grey they'd be willing to send to me? I want it for the squares for Estee but I can't seem to find it around here. Grrr...:angry

Do you need a baseball size ball or a softball size ball,we have some we will share, just need the size

it must be an older color cause its a 8oz skein

I've got so many squares sitting on my bedside ... well I don't know what you'd call it, but I do have quite a few I need to send out! Now that I'm working, and DH might possibly have a new job as well, that will be easier.

Lovely squares everyone has been getting! Welcome Noah (I really love that name)! Welcome to the group Brittany and congrats on your new baby!!

We have 13 totally finished and 12 in progress...so Im feeling like we are half way there....

thank you,I try my best,its going to get harder,I'm starting to run out of colors,when you start to see all white or cream squares,I'll be rounding up some loose change and getting some new colors,lol

how many blankets are totally finished??

The yarn turned up today for Mr Skoggy's Tree of Life Afghan :D I'm drowning in it! All 15 skiens of it! :lol:lol:lol

post-54070-135897777551_thumb.jpg

... Oh, and a couple of new Aluminium hooks to get me going. ;)

Pineknott--tennis ball sized should be enough. I really dont' need a lot. Im so irritated with myself for not buying it when I had a chance. I've seen it so many times at Walmart and thought to myself that I should grab a skein but I never NEEDED it before. Now that I do, it's completely gone. Argh! Thank you so much for your generosity. Love you!

Emma--Yay on getting the yarn! Don't forget to share pics of the finished product for us to ogle!

It is chilly today. It was 88 yesterday and only 61 today. Its marvelous! It is also raining (not hard). What a perfect day for cuddling up with my ghan and weaving in ends. Too bad I won't be home all day! I have school from 8:30 - 2pm and work from 4-8 pm. I'v got chores to do when I get home and shopping to do tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get a little time some time this weekend. I REALLY want to finish that ghan!

I'm not square of the month, but I sure feel like it!! I'm feeling very spoiled between the two squares from bgs and the 5 from Pineknott!! Thank you so much ladies!!! I'll post pics soon! :)

oh good,glad you got them

all squares sent out are now accounted for,thanks

Hooray! Hooray!

Estee's puffy is on it's way! I got two squares crammed into a small envelope and it's more like a bloatie than a puffy. :)

I had taken a few days off to get some batches of soap made so they can be curing and ready for Christmas. Also - got a candle pie made. Was planning to do several but I have to wait for more wax. And...- it takes about 2 hours for me to make one pie.

I finished an afghan and put it in the washer for a little rinse to block it. When it came out one of the center-most squares had unraveled. That has never happened to me before. :yell If anyone knows how to fix such a mess then please let me know. I stood there in front of the washer and cried!

So back to the hook! :hook

Hope everyone is well.

Have a great one!

Thank you all for the greetings :), Im super excited to be apart of this group and promis to try to keep up with the post, and to try to send out lots of squares in between taking care of my new baby on 7/26. Thanks again for the warm welcomes

Hi, Hi, Hi!!!!:cheer Glad you joined us! Everyone here is awesome nice. I know you'll have a great time.

Im thinking that is the only way I want to buried alive.

Buried in beautiful fibers....lmao

Have fun with it.....how lucky Mr Skoggy is

The yarn turned up today for Mr Skoggy's Tree of Life Afghan :D I'm drowning in it! All 15 skiens of it! :lol:lol:lol

[ATTACH]58583[/ATTACH]

... Oh, and a couple of new Aluminium hooks to get me going. ;)

Hooray! Hooray!

Estee's puffy is on it's way! I got two squares crammed into a small envelope and it's more like a bloatie than a puffy. :)

I had taken a few days off to get some batches of soap made so they can be curing and ready for Christmas. Also - got a candle pie made. Was planning to do several but I have to wait for more wax. And...- it takes about 2 hours for me to make one pie.

I finished an afghan and put it in the washer for a little rinse to block it. When it came out one of the center-most squares had unraveled. That has never happened to me before. :yell If anyone knows how to fix such a mess then please let me know. I stood there in front of the washer and cried!

So back to the hook! :hook

Hope everyone is well.

Have a great one!

Poor bubbe.....I don't have any solutions to offer you, only my sympathies,this is why i most always knot, my biggest fear!! but yet, still in the shadow of an afghan unraveling, you stay so up....Whatever it is you are on, I will take some of that please, lol Kidding, you are just such an up person, I love your attitude!!!!! :cheerI must admit, i laughed out loud, litterally, on the "bloatie" remark too, just too funny!

Archived