Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

ohhhh forgot to say what i got myself at Michaels............ Well, they had cotton on sale.....4 for 5 dollars, so got some of that, and will get maybe 10 dollars worth again tomorrow, they didn't have much to chose from , but i got what I could....

And for the 50 percent off item, (I always try to buy a bigger item, makes the savings more, lol) i finally go myself a tag punch, in the shape of a heart, so everyone from here on out that gets anything from me, will have a heart tag on it, hand punched, BY ME, lol, I have wanted one for a while, it' was like 17.99 but I got it for half that!!! Woo hoo!!!! I tried it already on some paper stock I had, works perfect. lol    

Tomorrow, Ill go back, I got another 50 percent coupon off,,,,,,,and saw some Scissors there I might get for half off, orrrrrr maybe oh, they had a cool organizer thing, maybe that, lol I will find something i can;t live without again, lol

OK, thats all folks..........lunch was a tv dinner when I got back, boy, they sure have shrunk since I was younger!! And topped it off with a yogurt......

You must be stopped missy! LOL

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ms. kuddles, no not any more, used to when daughter was young and easy to please, lol I use my machine now only for repair  jobs, and split out seams. ha ha. and only when i have on my magnifiers, can i see to thread that needle, only a little bit, so it' s hit and miss!! lol

Hi Ann, you sound in good spirits, just think of the rain as heaven for your plants and flowers! They get so excited in the rain, they just bob up and down, like children playing in the sprinkler!!!!!!! Enjoy your squaring!!!!!!!

Hey, are we playing 20(+) questions with Katie?  My question is what is your favorite color (and would you want to wear that color and or use it in all rooms of your house?

Awesome!  I wish we had a Joanns closer to here, but it's an hour's drive to the nearest one.  That could be a good thing though,lol.

We looked at a house recently right in the center of town - would have been within walking distance of the local yarn shop! Probably good we decided not to move on it. :D

It would seem so!! I love blues, and would wear blues, nuetrals, and as for rooms in the house, I go from rose and blue, to greys, hunter green in bedroom, with burgandy and blue, seems blue is a constant, lol  thanks for the 20 question games, did I

PASS???

Hey, are we playing 20(+) questions with Katie?  My question is what is your favorite color (and would you want to wear that color and or use it in all rooms of your house?

OHHHH that house would have been great, or bad, depending, lol walking distance, Ill take it! And I know KUDDLES would love that, lol

We looked at a house recently right in the center of town - would have been within walking distance of the local yarn shop! Probably good we decided not to move on it. :D

If I felt comfortable walking alone anywhere here, my LYS would be about 10 minutes away.  As it is, it's less than 5 driving.  I practically used to live there!  lol

I hope everyone had a great day and that those just starting their day enjoy it as well.  It's warm in Bellflower but not unbearable.  I'm glad it's breezy.

TTFN :)

Maria

It would seem so!! I love blues, and would wear blues, nuetrals, and as for rooms in the house, I go from rose and blue, to greys, hunter green in bedroom, with burgandy and blue, seems blue is a constant, lol  thanks for the 20 question games, did I

PASS???

OHHHH that house would have been great, or bad, depending, lol walking distance, Ill take it! And I know KUDDLES would love that, lol

Well not sure if you passed or not but fun asking ya!

Oh yes you sure knew I would love to have gotten a house like that! Woot! but would be even poorer than I am now! LOL

Hope everyone has a great day!

kuddles

Drum roll please....Ta...Daaaaa...I did it..Mission accomplished....Fini..Finally got that dangblasted golden tangle rolled into three balls...Did it Sunday..I made my mind up I wasn't going to do a thing until I finished it.oal for the week is to make some squares for..Now I have started the scarf for my daughter with it...Soo glad good weather is prevailing....Warm, but not uncomfortable thanks to A/C....and we have had some much needed rain.....Goal for this week is to make some squares for our Fabulous Queen of the Month and get them in the mail...Hope everyone has a great day....

Hello! I really should be keeping up with things better, sorry. I've been working on a baby afghan and doing a lot of sewing since I've been off work. So here is another picture for our anniversary month

These were from AnelRoseLite

post-4459-0-63588900-1370963748_thumb.jpg

Congrats!

Drum roll please....Ta...Daaaaa...I did it..Mission accomplished....Fini..Finally got that dangblasted golden tangle rolled into three balls...Did it Sunday..I made my mind up I wasn't going to do a thing until I finished it.oal for the week is to make some squares for..Now I have started the scarf for my daughter with it...Soo glad good weather is prevailing....Warm, but not uncomfortable thanks to A/C....and we have had some much needed rain.....Goal for this week is to make some squares for our Fabulous Queen of the Month and get them in the mail...Hope everyone has a great day....

Great squares!

Hello! I really should be keeping up with things better, sorry. I've been working on a baby afghan and doing a lot of sewing since I've been off work. So here is another picture for our anniversary month

attachicon.gifAngelRoseLite 004.jpg

Hi ladies! Was a busy but fun weekend. I sort of unplugged, spending time with the hubby & our friends. Yesterday was hubby's birthday and we didn't do a thing! It was kinda nice, just to relax, watch some TV together, eat pizza and not stress. Today I am paying for the time "off" with more to do than I care to think about, but wanted to stop in to 'see' you all! :ghug

Estee, so glad you finally got your yarn untangled. I actually don't mind untangling yarn anymore but I have felt frustrated and annoyed more than I care to admit. Now it's sort of therapeutic! Yeah, I'm strange, I know! LOL

Congrats Laurie on winning the squares! 

My homework is calling and today is the last day of this term! That has me excited, as does knowing that if I plan it right, I can graduate in December instead of sometime next year. I am sooooo over being a full time student, mainly because I haven't put it to good use yet I think. But when I finish, I'll have it and be super proud of myself for sticking with it!

I will probably procrastinate a bit longer over on Ravelry so I can favorite the square Skoggy designed (beautiful!) and just browse the patterns, like I don't have enough already. 

Hope to check back in soon! 

yay!! I was going to say, send it to Honex or TIffer, they actually like untanglin yarn, lol

attachicon.gifAngelRoseLite 004.jpg

oh, lovely squares, i love the fallish colors too, they look so rich and warm!!

I am kinda impatient to work with some fallish colors now, after seeing those lovely squares, lol Oh, and I will put up a couple 8 inchers Im giving away to some lucky gal, after dinner....they are bright, and colorful, and seems simple enough to me, to put on a couple more rows if you wanted to make them 12 inchers, least I would make it work, lol So that is to come, gotta roll now, be back later, if the universe permits me to!

post-40621-0-17242000-1370989719_thumb.jpg

and more pics from way back when... If i remember correctly, I made this "smaller  Ghan" out of some of the squares I received too, or made a few to complete it..... Gave it away, I think to a local nursing home last year I think.......

:hi  I've been busy! With dh and I schedule we only have every other Sunday off together so we made the most of it this weekend! We had such a great time just being us. It's amazing after 16 years we can still do that. 

I have several projects I"m working on.....a shawl for a 104 birthday girl, a baby boy blanket and 2 baby girl blankets, a gender neutral and an unknown. This is on top of my square for the month and my warm square project for work!!

Plus I've been looking into the low carb diet since my cardiologist is still pressing me to lose weight and my primary is not going to be happy in a few months when I see her. I have that hand to mouth disease that I just can't seem to get rid of.  :pig

Since dh is about finished with school, I am thinking of going back to get my bachelors degree! Another $15,000 at least!!!  :fever

:hi  I've been busy! With dh and I schedule we only have every other Sunday off together so we made the most of it this weekend! We had such a great time just being us. It's amazing after 16 years we can still do that. 

I have several projects I"m working on.....a shawl for a 104 birthday girl, a baby boy blanket and 2 baby girl blankets, a gender neutral and an unknown. This is on top of my square for the month and my warm square project for work!!

Plus I've been looking into the low carb diet since my cardiologist is still pressing me to lose weight and my primary is not going to be happy in a few months when I see her. I have that hand to mouth disease that I just can't seem to get rid of.  :pig

Since dh is about finished with school, I am thinking of going back to get my bachelors degree! Another $15,000 at least!!!  :fever

Yeah to time with hubby!

Boo to high cost of education but go for it!

kuddles

Good evening, ladies! We had a HOT one today! temps in the low 90's with a heat index near 100! (for you that live in a dry climate, the humidity here makes it feel hotter than it actually is! My LEAST favorite part of being a midwesterner!)

Going to take it easy tonight and work on a few squares for my friend Lindsay at Crafted Hearts Alliance. (granny squares that don't require any brain power!)

I know what you mean about the humidity....luckily it's very low here 12% today but I so can tell when it's 20%......I don't think I want to live when it's 95%!!!  :eek

Hi everyone! Quick flyby.  Had a busy day.Doctor apt, grocery shopping, visit from my godson.  All in all a good day, but very tiring.  Tomorrow (or I should say later today since it's after midnight, lol) I head out for a 90 min ride to the hospital to have my feeding tubes replaced.  I should be home by mid- late afternoon.  So, with some luck, I'll be popping in here before the sun sets, lol.  I wish you all a wonderful day!  Now I need to get a couple hours sleep before I head to the hospital! :lol

Good evening, ladies! We had a HOT one today! temps in the low 90's with a heat index near 100! (for you that live in a dry climate, the humidity here makes it feel hotter than it actually is! My LEAST favorite part of being a midwesterner!)

Going to take it easy tonight and work on a few squares for my friend Lindsay at Crafted Hearts Alliance. (granny squares that don't require any brain power!)

I hear ya! Up here in Chicagoland, later today we are to get the heat and humidity and then severe tornado producing storms! Yikes!

I know what you mean about the humidity....luckily it's very low here 12% today but I so can tell when it's 20%......I don't think I want to live when it's 95%!!!  :eek

Nope you don't!

aw, pics tomorrow, waited too long, and lost the light for today........

Something to look forward to!

Hi everyone! Quick flyby.  Had a busy day.Doctor apt, grocery shopping, visit from my godson.  All in all a good day, but very tiring.  Tomorrow (or I should say later today since it's after midnight, lol) I head out for a 90 min ride to the hospital to have my feeding tubes replaced.  I should be home by mid- late afternoon.  So, with some luck, I'll be popping in here before the sun sets, lol.  I wish you all a wonderful day!  Now I need to get a couple hours sleep before I head to the hospital! :lol

Hope it all goes well! We'll be here when you return! Hugs!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Hi ya!  Where is everyone today?  I've been to the hospital, had my procedure, recouped, and traveled all the way back home and expecting to find a ton of posts to catch up on.  There was only 1! :faint  :lol   All went smoothly with my tube change, so I'm good for another 3 months or so.  I managed to get 3/4 of a square made during the car ride.  I'll finish it up once I can tear myself off this computer!   I hope everyone is ok and just busy.  I'll check back in later! :hug

Archived