Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

hi, jjust a note,then Ill read some of these posts......The lovey partner you have Estee, is mailing it out on wednesday, so not to worry, it will be on it's way!!! Is there anyone else that is still waiting for their Free FOr all puffy?? Pm me and Ill find out what I can, thanks.

I don't mind untangling yarn so much as it's time consuming is all, otherwise, I won't let the yarn win,Im bigger than it, and smarter, and i WILL get it untangled! Honex,lol relaxing is not the word i would chose, but it's  like a challenge I guess to me!!!!!!!! lol Ann, Im going to your ravely page now!!!!!!!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been busy with squares, a doggy dress, and the Bernat CAL from last year, and it's only Saturday!  Love all the candy being posted.  I think it's time to take care of chores and not just playing around ;)

Good morning chatties! Couldn't sleep, been up since 2:30....I was able to quietly close Kiddles door so I'm out on the computer without her hearing me.....ugh

Party was nice, Kiddles had a great time, and the adults did some laughing so all good!

Today is errands, a nice long walk, and just 'being'....my favorite way to be!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Hi all, checking in. Looks like everyone is keeping busy today.. I have tried a couple things in crochet this am, but put it aside for a bit, Im going out later to Michael's as I have a 40 percent off coupon on any one regular priced item, so gonna go and look for something I dont know I need yet, till I see it, or yarn, lol whichever comes first! Check in with ya later, have a great day!!! Rainy day here again. grass is the brightest green it has ever been, with all this rain!!!!

Hello everyone!  We are having a wonderful day here!  The storm blew through and left behind some gorgeous weather.  Sun is shining and temp is comfortable. Great spring day!  And I had some energy this morning!  I actually washed a few dishes and made hubby a small batch of peanut butter cookies(his fav) as a surprise for when he got home from work!  I'm done for the day now and will probably pay for it for a couple of days, but it sure did feel good to be able to what I did.  You don't realize how much you'll miss something until you can't do it anymore...even housework! LOL!

HAVE FUN Kuddles, and ann that turned out simply beautiful, how manly and neat is that, i love it!!!!!!!!

Skoggy, would love to see the pics!!!! You are a busy bee!! BUt having fun I see, lol

Thank you!

Good morning chatties! Couldn't sleep, been up since 2:30....I was able to quietly close Kiddles door so I'm out on the computer without her hearing me.....ugh

Party was nice, Kiddles had a great time, and the adults did some laughing so all good!

Today is errands, a nice long walk, and just 'being'....my favorite way to be!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Oh you thing, you must be so tired.  Glad you had a good time at the party though.  Maybe you can sneak in a 10 min cat nap!

Hey Ann, your ghan looks GREAT!

kuddles

Thanks!

Hi all, checking in. Looks like everyone is keeping busy today.. I have tried a couple things in crochet this am, but put it aside for a bit, Im going out later to Michael's as I have a 40 percent off coupon on any one regular priced item, so gonna go and look for something I dont know I need yet, till I see it, or yarn, lol whichever comes first! Check in with ya later, have a great day!!! Rainy day here again. grass is the brightest green it has ever been, with all this rain!!!!

Ya know you'll find something! LOL!  I vote for both something and yarn! :D

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Oh hi! I'm still 'at it'. Besides not sleeping, went for about a 2.5 mile walk! What was I thinking? I wasn't! But now I won't feel guilty when Kiddles and I have pizza for dinner in about an hour!

Hugs!

kuddles

Ok ladies. I've got a bug. I have a designing bug. I have designed and published my 2nd 6" square pattern. Once again it calls for DK yarn but don't let that stop you!

The only thing that will stop you is that it isn't free. :( It costs £1.50 but this square is raising money for a UK charity called SANDS (Stillbirth and neonatal death charity). They support anyone affected by the death of a baby and promote research to reduce the loss of babies’ lives. £1 of every purchase will be donated to this charity. The link to the square is: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/the-woolly-hug. Even if you don't want to purchase it, please favorite it so it has its own collection of hearts. :hug

This is The Woolly Hug square

post-54070-0-88393700-1370815602_thumb.jpg

Ok ladies. I've got a bug. I have a designing bug. I have designed and published my 2nd 6" square pattern. Once again it calls for DK yarn but don't let that stop you!

The only thing that will stop you is that it isn't free. :( It costs £1.50 but this square is raising money for a UK charity called SANDS (Stillbirth and neonatal death charity). They support anyone affected by the death of a baby and promote research to reduce the loss of babies’ lives. £1 of every purchase will be donated to this charity. The link to the square is: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/the-woolly-hug. Even if you don't want to purchase it, please favorite it so it has its own collection of hearts. :hug

attachicon.gifWoolly Hug v2.jpg

Love your new square, Emma.  It's such a wonderful thing you are doing.  May it raise lots of money for those little angels and their bereaved families :hug

Gorgeous! Love that the proceeds are going to charity. :)

hi all,

in a couple of short hours, I will chose randomly the winner for the asst. 6 inch squares posted earlier in this thread. If you have not entered, and would like to, just pm me with the answer to what do you like best about crocheting......Won't help ya win, lol being random and all, but would love to hear your answers, ha ha....Hope everyone has or had a nice day today, was rainy here, and chilly almost. But last year this time, we were complaining about how dry everything was, lol Just goes to show you, if you don't like the weather now in Nebraska, hang around for a few minutes!!!   Take care all, see ya tomorrow with the winner!!!!

Don't have time to read through everything, so just replying to Katie's for now:

ohyes sorry, thanks for reminding me, I love chocolate. Strawberry comes in second!!!!!!!!! humm, why me wonders??

Oh poor estee, isn't that just frustrating as all get out!! I would have probably stuck with it, thinking, i spent on this, I HAVE to save it from itself, its not BAD yarn, it just wasn't brought up right!!!!!!!

Rainy Saturday, staying in and keeping busy, my house sparkles. lol I am the exact opposite if there is one, of a hoarder, I am always taking things i no longer want or need to one of the local charities, I hate disorder, and most of all, hate hate hate a dirty house, lol Not that it hasn't been from time to time, but never for long, I hate a mess, and can't concentrate on other things, if looking at something near that needs done! ah well, now you know my dirty,, I mean clean little secret, lol Im not obsessive compulsive about it or anything, i just know what I like, and what i don't, lol

How bout all of you, do you prefer order, or do you not mind a sinkful of dishes soaking, knowning full well, they will wait while you finish that square!!!!!! lol!! 

1) That's for me to know, and you to find out! :D

2) That cracked me up - just wasn't brought up right! I did that once; my first experience working from a hank and I didn't realise you had to wind it first. So I made a huge mess. I had packed it with me on a cross-country flight to CA, thinking I'd crochet on the plane. Well, instead I untangled on the plane! And in the hotel during the times I would have been crocheting... and on the plane on the way back... and I believe some time after getting home, too....

3) I can ignore dishes until we run out of something, and even after that. I try not to, but I am perfectly capable of it.

And in my own news: I think finally, on either the fourth or fifth iteration, I've finally gotten my sunburst square pattern perfect! Very excited. I may actually post it on the testing thread once I'm sure. Now, if I could just figure out how one side has two more stitches than the other three... O_O

Wow!! This is lovely! GREAT job! Designers are so creative! And good cause, you go girl!

hi all,

in a couple of short hours, I will chose randomly the winner for the asst. 6 inch squares posted earlier in this thread. If you have not entered, and would like to, just pm me with the answer to what do you like best about crocheting......Won't help ya win, lol being random and all, but would love to hear your answers, ha ha....Hope everyone has or had a nice day today, was rainy here, and chilly almost. But last year this time, we were complaining about how dry everything was, lol Just goes to show you, if you don't like the weather now in Nebraska, hang around for a few minutes!!!   Take care all, see ya tomorrow with the winner!!!!

Just thought I'd give you a great big :hug !

And in my own news: I think finally, on either the fourth or fifth iteration, I've finally gotten my sunburst square pattern perfect! Very excited. I may actually post it on the testing thread once I'm sure. Now, if I could just figure out how one side has two more stitches than the other three... O_O

another designer! Can't wait to see it! If you need a tester, here I am :clap :clap :clap !

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Gooooooooooood Morning!!!!!!!!!!!!  Yes, it's me!  I'm up and about and actually made it on here before noon! :lol   (my nurse comes at 7:30 on Mondays, so I had to get up, lol).  I am paying for being so busy yesterday though.  I keep falling asleep at the keyboard! No time for a snooze though. Hubby will be home for work in a couple minutes! :morcoffee Today I hope to crank out a couple of squares for our June Square queen and maybe one or two others for someone else if I still have the energy, lol!  I have a shawl to finish and I want to make a little top for my DGD that is turning 2 yo this month.  Too many projects and not enough time! :lol   Well, if I stayed off of this darn thing I'd have a bit more time with my hooks! :P   Have a wicked awesome day all!

Ohhhh, I love it! Wonderful cause that you're raising money for. :hug

Don't have time to read through everything, so just replying to Katie's for now:

1) That's for me to know, and you to find out! :D

2) That cracked me up - just wasn't brought up right! I did that once; my first experience working from a hank and I didn't realise you had to wind it first. So I made a huge mess. I had packed it with me on a cross-country flight to CA, thinking I'd crochet on the plane. Well, instead I untangled on the plane! And in the hotel during the times I would have been crocheting... and on the plane on the way back... and I believe some time after getting home, too....

3) I can ignore dishes until we run out of something, and even after that. I try not to, but I am perfectly capable of it.

Looking forward to seeing your new pattern too!!!! :yay

ha ha, happy cheerful postings, love it! Gonna be hot here, but not as hot as elsewhere, so not really complaining!! well ok, maybe a bit!

I have a winner, and I gotta say, i got some wonderful answers to the question, what do you like most about crochet!! I agree with them all, from picking out the yarn, to creating something from strings of yarn, to relaxation, which was quite popular with almost all of you, to completing a project, and wearing, using, selling, or giving it away to someone that will love it, all quite good answers, my favorite answer was a big fat EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!! I agree totally with you all!!

Now enough of the fluff, here is the meat of the matter!!!!!!!!!!

HOnex, you won the 6 inch squares, i will get them in the mail today, if you addy has not changed in co. I have them packed up tight, they will be cranky when they arrive, from being in such close quarters, so give them a day of two to stretch their stitches abit, before asking too much of them!!!!!!

Congrats Laurie!! I hope you will love them and use them to make something for somebody or you!!!!!!!!

That's if folks, all the news of today, it's still early, lol........ ON the agenda today, go and get tpaper, at one store, go to the post office and mail out what I have here to mail, get lunch, go to the bank, on the way to lunch, and go to Michaels, as I didn't make it there y esterday, seems the one I go to, when I go, moved, so gotta look that up! How dare they do that, you know, without some sort of news announcement, a newspaper ad. an email, a card, or even a  phone call, you know!!!!!!!! If it weren't for that 50 percent off coupon, I wouldn't go there at all, lol so there! Don't blame me Michael, you made your bed now LIE in it.. Oh, and throw an afghan over it too,lol nice and cozy for you!!!!!

see ya all later, gotta make hay, while the sun shines I guess.....

HOnex, you won the 6 inch squares, i will get them in the mail today, if you addy has not changed in co. I have them packed up tight, they will be cranky when they arrive, from being in such close quarters, so give them a day of two to stretch their stitches abit, before asking too much of them!!!!!!

Congrats Laurie!! I hope you will love them and use them to make something for somebody or you!!!!!!!!

ME???  Oh my goodness!!!  Thank you!  Thank you!!  I will be on the lookout for them.  Thanks again!!  I am so excited.

Gooooooooooood Morning!!!!!!!!!!!!  Yes, it's me!  I'm up and about and actually made it on here before noon! :lol   (my nurse comes at 7:30 on Mondays, so I had to get up, lol).  I am paying for being so busy yesterday though.  I keep falling asleep at the keyboard! No time for a snooze though. Hubby will be home for work in a couple minutes! :morcoffee Today I hope to crank out a couple of squares for our June Square queen and maybe one or two others for someone else if I still have the energy, lol!  I have a shawl to finish and I want to make a little top for my DGD that is turning 2 yo this month.  Too many projects and not enough time! :lol   Well, if I stayed off of this darn thing I'd have a bit more time with my hooks! :P   Have a wicked awesome day all!

Ohhhh, I love it! Wonderful cause that you're raising money for. :hug

Looking forward to seeing your new pattern too!!!! :yay

Hi Ann! I'm always so happy to hear from you! Take it easy today sweetie!

ha ha, happy cheerful postings, love it! Gonna be hot here, but not as hot as elsewhere, so not really complaining!! well ok, maybe a bit!

I have a winner, and I gotta say, i got some wonderful answers to the question, what do you like most about crochet!! I agree with them all, from picking out the yarn, to creating something from strings of yarn, to relaxation, which was quite popular with almost all of you, to completing a project, and wearing, using, selling, or giving it away to someone that will love it, all quite good answers, my favorite answer was a big fat EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!! I agree totally with you all!!

That's if folks, all the news of today, it's still early, lol........ ON the agenda today, go and get tpaper, at one store, go to the post office and mail out what I have here to mail, get lunch, go to the bank, on the way to lunch, and go to Michaels, as I didn't make it there y esterday, seems the one I go to, when I go, moved, so gotta look that up! How dare they do that, you know, without some sort of news announcement, a newspaper ad. an email, a card, or even a  phone call, you know!!!!!!!! If it weren't for that 50 percent off coupon, I wouldn't go there at all, lol so there! Don't blame me Michael, you made your bed now LIE in it.. Oh, and throw an afghan over it too,lol nice and cozy for you!!!!!

Woot! A winner!

Speaking of heat, not so much today, but tomorrow 90 and humid, bringing in severe thunderstorms later in the day. So happy! uh, not!

Have a good afternoon Squares!

kuddles

ME???  Oh my goodness!!!  Thank you!  Thank you!!  I will be on the lookout for them.  Thanks again!!  I am so excited.

hi Laurie, yes, you!! They went out in the mail this am, GOod time to go to the poffice, is about 10 am, no waiting!!! Expect them in a week, or less!!

the pictures have been taken of my may free for all pkg of goodies

now to have someone to find the time to upload them and post them,I working on it

Now Linda, whats it gonna take to LEARN you how to work that digital camera????????? I didn't think when i first got mine I could do it either, but been doing it, for years, and it's simple, trust me, If I can do it, so can you!! EIther way, we'll be glad to see pics from you once again!!

Woot! A winner!

Speaking of heat, not so much today, but tomorrow 90 and humid, bringing in severe thunderstorms later in the day. So happy! uh, not!

kuddles

I hear that, warm here today, but not like uncomforatble warm, so Im happy, I guess. Kuddles your pack o-puffy went out this am as well.........

ohhhh forgot to say what i got myself at Michaels............ Well, they had cotton on sale.....4 for 5 dollars, so got some of that, and will get maybe 10 dollars worth again tomorrow, they didn't have much to chose from , but i got what I could....

And for the 50 percent off item, (I always try to buy a bigger item, makes the savings more, lol) i finally go myself a tag punch, in the shape of a heart, so everyone from here on out that gets anything from me, will have a heart tag on it, hand punched, BY ME, lol, I have wanted one for a while, it' was like 17.99 but I got it for half that!!! Woo hoo!!!! I tried it already on some paper stock I had, works perfect. lol    

Tomorrow, Ill go back, I got another 50 percent coupon off,,,,,,,and saw some Scissors there I might get for half off, orrrrrr maybe oh, they had a cool organizer thing, maybe that, lol I will find something i can;t live without again, lol

OK, thats all folks..........lunch was a tv dinner when I got back, boy, they sure have shrunk since I was younger!! And topped it off with a yogurt......

Congrats Laurie!!!

the pictures have been taken of my may free for all pkg of goodies

now to have someone to find the time to upload them and post them,I working on it

Oh boy, pics soon!!!

Woot! A winner!

kuddles

Hi ya Kuddles! I'm trying to take it easy, can't do much else, lol.  Looks like our sunshine turned into rain too.  Gonna be wet for a couple of days, bleh.  The flowers will be happy, but we have flood warnings out!

ohhhh forgot to say what i got myself at Michaels............ Well, they had cotton on sale.....4 for 5 dollars, so got some of that, and will get maybe 10 dollars worth again tomorrow, they didn't have much to chose from , but i got what I could....

And for the 50 percent off item, (I always try to buy a bigger item, makes the savings more, lol) i finally go myself a tag punch, in the shape of a heart, so everyone from here on out that gets anything from me, will have a heart tag on it, hand punched, BY ME, lol, I have wanted one for a while, it' was like 17.99 but I got it for half that!!! Woo hoo!!!! I tried it already on some paper stock I had, works perfect. lol    

Tomorrow, Ill go back, I got another 50 percent coupon off,,,,,,,and saw some Scissors there I might get for half off, orrrrrr maybe oh, they had a cool organizer thing, maybe that, lol I will find something i can;t live without again, lol

OK, thats all folks..........lunch was a tv dinner when I got back, boy, they sure have shrunk since I was younger!! And topped it off with a yogurt......

Awesome!  I wish we had a Joanns closer to here, but it's an hour's drive to the nearest one.  That could be a good thing though,lol.

Archived