Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

I don't need them Katie, just wanted to say you are nice to do it!

kuddles

ohhhhhh one more thing, I have a little group of 6 inch squares that i made, to give to some lucky person here, just pm me if your interested, and answer the quesion, "what is my favorite thing about crocheting?" I will chose a winner by the number generator thing, but I would still like to know! lol

Ok, here is the pic, if interested pm me before sunday midnight,,,,,,,,,one winner, but don't fret, I have a couple other little groups ready to go another time or two, too....................wink!

attachicon.gif100_3407.jpg

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love those squares too.  I wish they fit in my color scheme, but as soon as I sew mine together, I'm going to be asking for purples for a niece.  Today I found out I'm going to be a grandaunt.  I won't use great-aunt because it doesn't make sense that my sister is going to be a GRANDmother and I get to be a great-aunt.  Besides, Webster's says grandaunt is good; so I'm sticking to it.  I don't even have kids yet, and I'm the eldest!  Oh, well.  Heeheehee.

Ladies, I have a black 8-inch orphan.  There's a pile of squares I am going to send out maybe tomorrow, and I'd like to know who will be kind enough to adopt the black sheep ;)

post-44469-0-72644400-1370466477_thumb.jpg

Question for everyone about their blankets:

Do you crochet around each individual square and then join them together or do you just join squares together as you go and then do a border around everything?

I asked the same question a few months back...I'm working on a purple 12" comfortghan right now (originally for my mom, but now going to my mom's sister/my favorite aunt) and I edged everything in white. It's looking really nice. For my friendshipghan. I've decided not to edge anything and just stitch it all together!

Too bad   :(   that 8" square is gorgeous! What pattern did you use??

My favorite thing about crochet -  is the zen quality! And that fact you can have a drink or two while crocheting, unlike cross-stitch....that's not pretty, trust me.  :no

ha ha ha, smithy you cracked me up!! Did you want in the drawing then, i assume??? he he he

Ok, for your eye candy this evening, and first week of our Anniversary Month, and first time Ive been Biggest Square, I have a pic for you.....

This was completed about a year ago, through this thread!!! My first friendship ghan, see if you can spot some you made!!! When originally laid out, i put it upside down, the heart at the top of the pic, should be the bottom row, but you get the gist, lol

post-40621-0-60129800-1370475588_thumb.jpg

wow sniff sniff, what memories huh!

ha ha ha, smithy you cracked me up!! Did you want in the drawing then, i assume??? he he he

Ok, for your eye candy this evening, and first week of our Anniversary Month, and first time Ive been Biggest Square, I have a pic for you.....

This was completed about a year ago, through this thread!!! My first friendship ghan, see if you can spot some you made!!! When originally laid out, i put it upside down, the heart at the top of the pic, should be the bottom row, but you get the gist, lol

attachicon.gif100_2784.jpg

I can see the two squares I sent.

This is mine.  Its from a long time ago (Sept. 2010). I did not even have to put it together.  I had commented that I liked making squares and sending them out but there was no point in me collecting squares because I would never get it put together.  Then this showed up and it even came with a name, Minnie Pearl.   

post-11309-0-28315400-1370478821_thumb.jpg

This is mine.  Its from a long time ago (Sept. 2010). I did not even have to put it together.  I had commented that I liked making squares and sending them out but there was no point in me collecting squares because I would never get it put together.  Then this showed up and it even came with a name, Minnie Pearl.   

That is GORGEOUS! I actually found the two squares I made for that blanket. I think if I decide that I want to do another friendshipghan, it's going to be shades of blue. :)

Good evening,

I wanted to let my FFA partner know that I got her package in the mail today.  It has been a stressful weekend for me.  My Mom fell down her stairs and is in the hospital.  I have been staying there with her and I ate lunch in the cafeteria on Saturday and ended up in the ER with food poisoning.  I'm still not feeling good today.

Also I wanted to tell Kuddles that I received the books.  Thanks I will enjoy looking at them.

Oooohhh, hugs to you and mom.  Hope you are both feeling better.

Hi Ann!  :clap

Went to the doc and said nope, no UTI but is sending my uh...specimen...to the lab, I'll know Thursday if something else is going on. But no meds for me and the traffic at that time of day was brutal!

Don't worry about forgetting stuff......we all do when we get to a certain age!

kuddles

Great news.  Hope the results come back good from the lab too.

Should be finding out the results of my blood work later this afternoon. I kinda feel better just knowing that I'm on my way to figuring out what the issue is. Doc says since my swelling didn't go away totally after going wheat free (it came back after the 3rd day) that he's very sure I'm not allergic but staying low carb isn't a bad idea... The blood work is to check for a thyroid problem, which might result in a pill to take every day, but that is something I can live with, where this swelling and feeling fatigued I can't! Blood pressure was perfect, right on the money at 110/80 and he was happy about that, so at least that is not an issue for me! 

No puffy today, but I know it's on it's way and I will wait  :emptymail  (read 'Stalk the mail lady') patiently until it arrives! 

Keeping you in my thoughts. I know what it's like to get good blood results when you know you're feeling lousy.  Hope your dr listens to you. (((hugs)))

Ok ladies.... here it is:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/felicias-flower

My first pattern! It calls for DK ( or light WW) yarn and makes a square of 6". If you want to give it a go, please "hook it" and post a pic so I can have a look. It has been tested but if anyone finds any errors, please PM me here or on Ravelry.

Took me a while to get the courage to publish it though. Was a little scared.

It's lovely.  I made one yesterday and posted on Rav.

Well I came home after work and grocery shopping with a major migraine. i had to have my daughter put away groceries and section out the meat before freezing.  As I walk in the Living room low and behold Praise god looky what was waiting on me

A219B257-orig.jpg

It is huge. I am excited.

E71A6162-orig.jpg

5 twelve inchers

B2ABC702-orig.jpg

10 6 inchers

And drum roll plz.........

EF4E134B-orig.jpg

4 rolls of I Love This Cotton. I have never used ILT before so this should be fun.

So who was the lovely sender of this excellent package that came on just the right day.( it didnt make my mirgraine go away but it sure did lift my spirits).........

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Smith you put so much time nd love into it. I am so proud to own the  gourgeous squares.

Woowzer!  Wonder puffy for a wonderful lady.

wow. lovely square emma and snowflake!! I saved it to my library too!!!

as for all the lovely eye candy, wow way to go!!!!!!!!

I have some to add, as promised, so here go, from crsheridan!!

attachicon.gif100_3406.jpg  all of them are somewhat different, what an eyeful of goodness huh, thank you again Cristel, much appreciate all your hard work!!!!!!!!! :ty The two brighter blues, are really purple, but my camera hates purple, sooooo they came out blue! they are all sooo lovely!!

Nice!!!

I saw this first thing this morning and thought, "Wow, that's such a great idea! What if we all planned to have a good day every day? Obviously not every day will be good but maybe if we plan for it we can get through the petty little annoying stuff easier."

Planning to have a good day was a lot easier before the little boy tried to bite me the entire time I was working with the dog this morning, and I ended up having to take the entire doorknob off the bathroom door so the cat could get to the litter box because the door was locked from the inside and so was the window.

oh no! (((hugs)))

ohhhhhh one more thing, I have a little group of 6 inch squares that i made, to give to some lucky person here, just pm me if your interested, and answer the quesion, "what is my favorite thing about crocheting?" I will chose a winner by the number generator thing, but I would still like to know! lol

Ok, here is the pic, if interested pm me before sunday midnight,,,,,,,,,one winner, but don't fret, I have a couple other little groups ready to go another time or two, too....................wink! I like it when they travel in groups, less likey to get lost I guess! lol

attachicon.gif100_3407.jpg

Very nice, but this is supposed to be your month, lol.

Beautiful...

Love it...

wow brenda, just stunning, I love blues!! and that is simply blue heaven!!!!!!

no kidding!! Wow, tht is remarkable, I seem to forget what mine look like once they are gone, lol

That is GORGEOUS! I actually found the two squares I made for that blanket. I think if I decide that I want to do another friendshipghan, it's going to be shades of blue. :)

Im lovin the eye candy, puffy's, and ghans, and squares OH MY!!!

ANd yes, it is MY MONTH lol but part of my joy is sharing with all of you, and I can't sit by all month, and not send or make, lol it's impossible I tell ya! Im thoroughly enjoying my Crown this month, and still most of it left, I can't wait!! This has really and truly made me feel like a......QUEEN!! And the beauty of the squares, and the thoughts and work, and time that goes into them, where they all come from, well, makes it all the more special!!

I can see the two squares I sent.

Brenda, the only thing i remember is that YOURS  were the first squares I received.....ANd, I think yours maybe might have been turg. and brown??? Gosh, im surprised that I remember that!!

gosh it's lovely angel, wish it worked for me too, someone will jump on it!!!

Thanks!  I was surprised that the black showed so well.  My phone's camera was in a cooperating mood today :lol

Too bad   :(   that 8" square is gorgeous! What pattern did you use??

My favorite thing about crochet -  is the zen quality! And that fact you can have a drink or two while crocheting, unlike cross-stitch....that's not pretty, trust me.  :no

Thanks!  It's the Sunburst Granny Square on Ravelry.  I've made a few new.  I really, really love that pattern.  And it looks great paired with Skoggy's Felicia's Flower Square.

I love it!  That rainbow yarn you used to bring it all together was a great choice :)

Wow!  It was so nice of them to send you a complete afghan.  You deserve it!  Lovely, lovely colors :)

Well, there are no takers yet for the square.  I was going to send it to anyone wanting 8" and asking for any color, but then again, I think black is one of those colors that may not always work.  I really love the square.  If no one wants it, I may hold on to it to see if I can use it in the future.  You never know.

no kidding!! Wow, tht is remarkable, I seem to forget what mine look like once they are gone, lol

The ONLY reason why I remember is because I tend to do the same pattern over and over again for people who want 6" squares! I found one that I liked and I stuck with it!

Hey, black is one of Pheonsix's colors, isn't it? I'd ask for it myself because I loooooove it, but I'd be in the same boat as you, putting it aside until something came up I could use it in! :lol

Today ended up being a roller coaster of a day. Little boy just did not want to listen all day; he even got yellow instead of green for daycare behavior! BUT Mommy also got a package today with some new Lego people and accessories in it, so we played quite a lot of Lego together this evening. We made a whole farmer's market, with farmers and their crops and a lady selling bread and veggies and even a pizza baker just like our farmer's market has! Then he put up a fight about bedtime. But then we sang our songs and by the time we finished "space song" he was ready to settle down in bed.

Kids. :)

Hey, black is one of Pheonsix's colors, isn't it? I'd ask for it myself because I loooooove it, but I'd be in the same boat as you, putting it aside until something came up I could use it in! :lol

Today ended up being a roller coaster of a day. Little boy just did not want to listen all day; he even got yellow instead of green for daycare behavior! BUT Mommy also got a package today with some new Lego people and accessories in it, so we played quite a lot of Lego together this evening. We made a whole farmer's market, with farmers and their crops and a lady selling bread and veggies and even a pizza baker just like our farmer's market has! Then he put up a fight about bedtime. But then we sang our songs and by the time we finished "space song" he was ready to settle down in bed.

Kids. :)

You are so right!  I don't know how I missed it.  Thanks :)

Hi Ladies, sorry I've been MIA.  Things have been really hectic the last few weeks.  I lost my job, buying our house (thanks GOD losing my job won't affect that) has been a pain, we've had all sorts of wonderful problems with our taxes, and I've been running a pug back and forth to the vet with her diabetic problems, which we've finally gotten fixed.  I haven't even got to read everyone's comments, but I'll be back on here soon.  I'm still working on squares for Katie.  I have 2 finished and am working on a third one this evening.  Talk to ya all soon :)

:hug

Hi all! Dropping back in for a quick minute before hitting the pillow for the night. This girl is TIRED to the millionth power! 

Doc has issued an extensive blood screen. He only did a screen for thyroid issues with the tiny bit they got the other day. So back to the office Tuesday for lots of vials to get drawn. :sigh Headed in the right direction and not going to freak out, but sheesh this gets old. Been dealing with it for a long time but it's finally gotten to the point that I am miserable just to get up. I love & need to stay busy so we can't be having too many more of these lousy days! 

Gorgeous eye candy ladies! My 'ghan still 21 six inchers shy of being done, but here's the 'so far' pic:

post-18684-0-99597400-1370495158_thumb.jpg

I didn't pick up a hook at all today. Had a bout with my sewing machine. First, needle kept hitting the plate and I scrambled, panicked and even called my Mom to bring me her backup machine. Then, after I took practically the entire thing apart, cleaned it and reassembled, it still caught the plate.  :irk  :bang Finally, I decided to change the needle! Boy, did I feel like a major goof after that, because it has sewn beautifully all day ever since! LOL So here's the goodies I made today. I know they're not squares or even crochet but I still think they're pretty :D The little 0-3 month dress is totally reversible! :heart 

post-18684-0-08432500-1370495050_thumb.jpgpost-18684-0-85932400-1370495052_thumb.jpg

post-18684-0-32898600-1370495055_thumb.jpgpost-18684-0-33446200-1370495058_thumb.jpg

Hi all! Dropping back in for a quick minute before hitting the pillow for the night. This girl is TIRED to the millionth power! 

Doc has issued an extensive blood screen. He only did a screen for thyroid issues with the tiny bit they got the other day. So back to the office Tuesday for lots of vials to get drawn. :sigh Headed in the right direction and not going to freak out, but sheesh this gets old. Been dealing with it for a long time but it's finally gotten to the point that I am miserable just to get up. I love & need to stay busy so we can't be having too many more of these lousy days! 

Gorgeous eye candy ladies! My 'ghan still 21 six inchers shy of being done, but here's the 'so far' pic:

attachicon.gifDSCN3501.JPG

I didn't pick up a hook at all today. Had a bout with my sewing machine. First, needle kept hitting the plate and I scrambled, panicked and even called my Mom to bring me her backup machine. Then, after I took practically the entire thing apart, cleaned it and reassembled, it still caught the plate.  :irk  :bang Finally, I decided to change the needle! Boy, did I feel like a major goof after that, because it has sewn beautifully all day ever since! LOL So here's the goodies I made today. I know they're not squares or even crochet but I still think they're pretty :D The little 0-3 month dress is totally reversible! :heart 

attachicon.gif468405_619353854741395_2108471186_o.jpgattachicon.gif964033_619353691408078_1260787884_o.jpg

attachicon.gif965832_619221824754598_427137067_o.jpgattachicon.gif980074_619142354762545_996658600_o.jpg

It's looking gorgeous, Tiffer!  I'll have to make some more to send your way.  I think I see mine in there :)  How frustrating about your machine!  Very recently I was panicking because the needle wouldn't go all the way down.  I mean it was stuck!  Turned out the bobbin winder had been engaged  :reyes Oopsie!  Your dresses remind me so much of my mom's.  I had a little fit of nostalgia.  Really, really beautiful work.

Here is a mini friendshipghan made for Isabel. She uses it all the time as it lives with the stroller. :hug

post-54070-0-77076700-1370510968_thumb.jpg

Whilst unpacking after moving, Mr Skoggy put Felicia's square somewhere I couldn't find them but I found them on the weekend and have started putting hers together. :)

Very pretty. I've been a little crazy lately but things should calm down after today and I will post some pictures of my friendship squares and afghan.

Very pretty.

Hi Ladies, sorry I've been MIA.  Things have been really hectic the last few weeks.  I lost my job, buying our house (thanks GOD losing my job won't affect that) has been a pain, we've had all sorts of wonderful problems with our taxes, and I've been running a pug back and forth to the vet with her diabetic problems, which we've finally gotten fixed.  I haven't even got to read everyone's comments, but I'll be back on here soon.  I'm still working on squares for Katie.  I have 2 finished and am working on a third one this evening.  Talk to ya all soon :)

I hope things settle down for you soon.

attachicon.gifDSCN3501.JPG

attachicon.gif468405_619353854741395_2108471186_o.jpgattachicon.gif964033_619353691408078_1260787884_o.jpg

attachicon.gif965832_619221824754598_427137067_o.jpgattachicon.gif980074_619142354762545_996658600_o.jpg

I hope the doctors have some answers for you soon. Your squares are very pretty.

Archived