Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, so I said I was going to try to finish the square tonight, but I had to eat dessert and while I was eating dessert I thought I'd try to find a video for David Bowie's 'Space Oddity', because I've never actually heard the original all the way through, and in fact I did not know who it was by until the Hadfield cover and I never would have guessed David Bowie in a million years. I Googled "bowie space oddity" (without quote marks) and spent the last twenty minutes trying to find one.

Out of seven pages of Google results, I found exactly six hits that were NOT about Col. Chris Hadfield and his cover from the I.S.S. The second hit was the Wikipedia disambiguation page. Page 2 was all Col. Hadfield. Not until page 3 did a hit come up that was not about Chris Hadfield (because of course the Wiki page for the song now mentions the space cover).

I really want to find out how many pages I have to go through before finding the original, but I now only have 25 minutes before bedtime and I have to do some work on that square!

My mojo is gone for the day, but I only have 3 hours to finish my homework. It started off as a super good day with me finishing my paper in record time and turning it in... but life interrupted! I have a friend with a crisis so when she showed up on my door today I could hardly turn her away. However now I am scrambling in hopes of getting my tests done in time... :sigh 

Smith, beautiful squares (and I am sure a beautiful afghan made from them!) and of course the awesome bike is not exactly an eye sore either! Congrats on your new toy! I've only been on one bike but I absolutely loved it. One of these days! LOL 

crochet321, a fabulous package! Those colors are super pretty! 

Hugs to you all, I gotta get back to work before I fall out and ruin my 4.0 GPA... LOL 

Tiffers get off here and get to work lol. Good luck sweety

Busted! I'm going, I'm going! LOL I feel like I should insert a "Yes Ma'am" here.... *hangs head in shame for being caught slacking in such pressing times* LOL Thanks, I def need all the luck I can get....*forcing mouse to top right corner to close tab....must...pry...self...off...the 'Ville* :lol 

wow, nice eye candy in all the above!! This is the way I like it, lol Nice package, good job Pineknott,those squares are devine!! Motorcycles, drove one once , not a fan, lol but the colors are gorgeous together!

tests,get to work!

Immafreek, welcome back!

Dragnlady and Pheonsix, for sure puffys will go tomorrow...

Uh, well i forgot what else I was going to comment on,,,,,,,oh congratz emma, good for you Crsheridan, and snowflake!

I think that's all, ha ha, see ya tomorrow, gonna rain here kuddles, keep you and kiddles dry!!

Well, hopefully my package will be delivered tomorrow, I asked the lady at the post office if the holiday on Monday would hold it up and she said no. Me thinks she was wrong!!!!  I don't see anything about it being delivered!!!  HAHAHAHAHAHA!   It's kinda nice to have a secret that no one knows!!!!

Katy, pm me your address please and ty!!!!  Gonna get your squares out shortly!

Been keeping an eye on the mailbox ... anxiously awaiting to find out who my FFA partner was! Also still waiting to hear from the receiver of the puffy I sent out...  :sweat  :emptymail

IT WAS ME!!!!! Thank you so much Tiffany! I received your puffy bright and early this morning. A lovely thing to receive on a wet and miserable morning.

Tiffany sent me 4 yummy squares for my choco-ghan, some stitchmarkers, some handmade lip balm, a bracelet and earrings set and a Crochet Dude tape measure. Thank you, you're a darlin'! :hug

post-54070-0-93521400-1369818937_thumb.jpg

:sweat  I"m so glad I'm not the only one who hasn't got the FFA package out!! I've got to zoom down to Hobby Lobby the check on some 'items' tomorrow. The anticipation, I feel is the worst and may just do the poor woman in.  

I love the fall variegated!! 

I've been a busy girl lately....I finished a baby blanket project for a lady at work....I didn't get the final picture, but it did turn out cute! It's the sunny spread from Raverly

Beautiful!

The best thing of all is I traded my sportster in for a new bike!!! I drove it, brand-new off the lot on Saturday! I already have 200 miles on it..... Dh is the black one on the left and my new jewel is the bass-boat blue one on the right.....

attachicon.gifIMG_1446.JPG

Nice wheels!

My mojo is gone for the day, but I only have 3 hours to finish my homework. It started off as a super good day with me finishing my paper in record time and turning it in... but life interrupted! I have a friend with a crisis so when she showed up on my door today I could hardly turn her away. However now I am scrambling in hopes of getting my tests done in time... :sigh 

Hugs to you all, I gotta get back to work before I fall out and ruin my 4.0 GPA... LOL 

You are a good friend! and good luck with all your homework/tests!

I think that's all, ha ha, see ya tomorrow, gonna rain here kuddles, keep you and kiddles dry!!

Stormed in the nite, we ended up on the couch. zzzzzzzzzzzz

IT WAS ME!!!!! Thank you so much Tiffany! I received your puffy bright and early this morning. A lovely thing to receive on a wet and miserable morning.

Tiffany sent me 4 yummy squares for my choco-ghan, some stitchmarkers, some handmade lip balm, a bracelet and earrings set and a Crochet Dude tape measure. Thank you, you're a darlin'! :hug

attachicon.gifIMG_1250.JPG

Nice package! er I mean....well you know what I mean!

Another wet day here, be happy and healthy!

kuddles

Like it? I LOVE it!

Actually Katie has my work address so I just got your package here at work! Forgot that it would come here so very surprised! No pictures till tomorrow, sorry!

I received 3 big bright squares, two bags of SF Werther candies, a notebook for Kiddles and a VERY lovely note! Thank you soooooooooooooo much! Woot!

Pics when I can probably tomorrow nite, I'll be out tonite.

Thanks again my friend!

kuddles

ooohhh, just found my receipt for my puffy I mailed!!!  It is on it's way to the recipient's home!!!!!  Someone is getting a puffy today!!!!!!  Hope she likes it!!!!

attachicon.gifIMG_1250.JPG

YAY! So glad it finally made it and that you like it! I loved making those squares. They're out of the Leisure Arts book 99 Granny Squares to Crochet (1998) The stones in the bracelet & earrings are amazonite (the ovals) and aventurine (the rectangle) on copper findings. Jewelry is my second passion. The lip balm is from my first batch and not the consistency I hoped for, but I hope you like the peppermint flavor. :hug Would have sent more but sheesh the P.O. tries to take an arm & leg nowadays! LOL 

wow, such pretties arriveid today!! Lovin the pics!!! Mine is still out there somewhere, either roaming around, or in someones van, waiting to come to me, I am a patient person..NOT!! This puffy from Brenda, the Do not open till June, is testing my patience for sure but I made a promise to myself, june first, the very stroke of June first, Im tearing into it!! he he he

Such weather going around lately, flash flooding, tornados, a hurricane on the make, little bit of everything around all of us!! Come on spring! Her time is waning, soon Ms Summer will be here,and Spring is out for another coupla seasons, so she is doing her best to complicate things.......sheesh...MOther nature, you sure have some obstinate and difficult divas under your supervision!

All for now, rainy and stormy here again, but nothing too serious, thank goodness. So all out there in Mother Nature's little diva seasons, beware and be safe! I think Ill go and dance in the rain showers!!

Kuddles, I am glad that you like it.  I was trying to get as bright of colors as I could.  I actually have more that I can send you in colors I didn't send, but wanted to get that out right away!!!  Hope you both love the candies.  I didn't know Werther's had that many sugar free versions, it was hard to choose from!!

I just got home and checked my mail, opened up the mailbox and thought, man, no puffy today!  Then, I started digging in there, moved the junk mail, and low and behold, I got my puffy today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you sooooooooooooo much Emma!!!  I am going to take pictures of them later on today, but I absolutely love, love, love them, including the crochet bookmark!!  It's a Cross!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  These squares are the first "official" squares I have gotten for my ghan!  The others I have done myself so thank you so very much!!!  And I love your little note card!  Such cute kittens!

Kuddles, I am glad that you like it.  I was trying to get as bright of colors as I could.  I actually have more that I can send you in colors I didn't send, but wanted to get that out right away!!!  Hope you both love the candies.  I didn't know Werther's had that many sugar free versions, it was hard to choose from!!

I just got home and checked my mail, opened up the mailbox and thought, man, no puffy today!  Then, I started digging in there, moved the junk mail, and low and behold, I got my puffy today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you sooooooooooooo much Emma!!!  I am going to take pictures of them later on today, but I absolutely love, love, love them, including the crochet bookmark!!  It's a Cross!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  These squares are the first "official" squares I have gotten for my ghan!  The others I have done myself so thank you so very much!!!  And I love your little note card!  Such cute kittens!

Yay! It arrived! I am so glad you like the squares and the thread Cross bookmark. I enjoyed making them all for you. :hug from the UK, my friend. :)

Hi all! There have been a lot of pretty sites today/people getting their deliveries. Such fun! Beautiful new bikes too! I've only ever been on the back of one once. It was fun and frightening all at the same time, lol.

I just saw the weather report and want to wish all of you well that are in the way of the storms/tornados. Be safe. You are in my prayers. Have a wonderful night and I'll see you tomorrow!

Oh wow! More tornados?! Stay safe ladies. Sometimes I'm thankful that I am in the UK although, I would love to just see a tornado. Just a little one, but see one with my own eyes.

I've not seen one with my own eyes and I live her Emma! On TV is close enough......I think the severe storms are out of my forecast, just regular thunderstorms now....

Going out tonite for dinner with two friends from a previous job! Actually going out! Wow!

Have a great nite all! And thanks again Lisa, pictures to be posted tomorrow, Friday latest!

kuddles

Well, we must be in the way of some thunderstorms!  It is has been dreary most of the day, and now I hear the slight sounds of thunder!  Glad I am home for the night, now.  Gonna be working, but I am home!

Well, today was day two of my walking!  I put Pandora on my Iphone, plug my earphones and and go walking through my Pastors neighborhood.  I used to go walking with them and then stopped. Felt like I had to keep up, and they had been walking for months prior to our move down here.  Now, even when they are walking, I walk my own pace and only go what I feel I can.  I started out with two laps, which I was told was 2 miles but when I used my app, is actually only 1.25 miles.  But it is a start, anyways. Gonna keep it at this pace for a week or two and then increase a lap.  Since I worked from home yesterday and today, was able to go around 8 am.  Today it was very humid so it was very difficult.  I wear the Curves shorts that are supposed to make you sweat (and they definitely do!), and my pastor had bought me a Gold's Gym suit that makes you sweat (and it makes you feel like you jumped in the lake and the shirt is holding all the water!).  Making me sweat all the impurities out and burn more calories, is what I was told!!!  I am eventually gonna get this all good.  Trying to read Joyce Meyer's Making Good Choices, about how to break bad habits and create good habits.  Exercise needs to be a good habit for me, so if I can do this for 21 days, I think I can continue on!!

Well, that was a loud thunder, I guess I better scat for now!!!  Will get pictures posted later on tonight if it isn't storming too bad!!

Oh and Emma, that bookmark you gave me will be the perfect one for my Joyce Meyer book!  No more dogged ear pages for me!!!!

lol you welcome hun!  I was afraid you wouldn't like the colors or anything like that!!!!

Well, I am going to have to get on my computer to post the picture of my squares.  Tried to here, but I don't know what program she uses to save them!!!  Oh well, will do it later.  Ya'll stay inside and be safe.  I know I will be.  HOpefully it won't get too dark and the lights won't go out cause silly me still hasn't bought a lighter or matches to light my candles!! LOL

I've not seen one with my own eyes and I live her Emma! On TV is close enough......I think the severe storms are out of my forecast, just regular thunderstorms now....

kuddles

I agree,  TV is close enough, I don't ever want to see one in person.

wow more goodies pouring in, huh! Everyone is doing such a fantastic job too!!

Snowflake, what happened to the turg. and black squares you were collecting, are you still???

oh, and Phoensix, and Dragnlady your puffy's went out today, so be on the look out in a few days for them, hope you can use them for you ghans! I enjoyed doing them in your colors Phoensix, and dragnlady, you were the first to call this spare 12 inch so it went out to you today!!

Ok, next question, how many of you are getting very close to finishing up collecting at least, not putting together yet, but collecting for your ghans?? Maybe a better time to ask that, would be in june, so think about it though!

Archived