Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

I was working on a square for Katie, and then about halfway through, i remembered that she wants solid colors! This square has 3 colors! The pattern is also 9" instead of 8", so it's a little too big for me to put into my friendshipghan.

So...my question is...does anyone want this square?!? It's so pretty, I hate to just let it sit around! I made it using Caron pounders in white, peach, and ocean.

That's gorgeous, Mandy! I'd love to have it in my afghan! I'll pm my address once I get to my laptop after getting the little guy in bed. :D

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's gorgeous, Mandy! I'd love to have it in my afghan! I'll pm my address once I get to my laptop after getting the little guy in bed. :D

It's yours! :)

wow, that was some pretty square!!! Im glad someone jumped on it, I think it's absolutely gorgeous!!

Thank you! I'm quite fond of it, as well. I'm glad it found a good home :)

I was working on a square for Katie, and then about halfway through, i remembered that she wants solid colors! This square has 3 colors! The pattern is also 9" instead of 8", so it's a little too big for me to put into my friendshipghan.

So...my question is...does anyone want this square?!? It's so pretty, I hate to just let it sit around! I made it using Caron pounders in white, peach, and ocean.

What a beautiful square!  

I just want to announce I am collecting 12 and 6 inchers.. *clears throat*  You know just incase anyone was courious. hint Hint cough cough

:rofl Now that you mention it, I think I'll add some rounds to the one I'm sending you so that it's 12" :)

Good morning, another wet Chicago day! In fact, all week will be wet and humid! Just another spring....

Back to work after a long weekend. Was sure nice....but back to reality! Kiddles only has to go three full days, then Friday for one hour (why do they do that!) and then will be 'off' for the summer! I work, so she will be in summer daycare where she has always gone and loves.

Have a great day all!

kuddles

For the weight-loss-tryers who have added exercise to their routines: don't forget that muscle mass weighs more than fat, so as you exercise and get more healthy you might see some weight gain sometimes because of that. Doesn't necessarily mean you've backslidden on your journey; it could just as easily be a sign of progress! :D

Back to work after a long weekend. Was sure nice....but back to reality! Kiddles only has to go three full days, then Friday for one hour (why do they do that!) and then will be 'off' for the summer! I work, so she will be in summer daycare where she has always gone and loves.

I remember the last days of high school; my mom always made us go on the very last day even though nothing got done - probably 80% of the other kids didn't go! But I didn't mind because those of us who were there could do what we liked; we just wandered around and cleaned things up and hung out in our favorite teachers' rooms. Occasionally checked lockers to see if anybody had left stuff there; one time we found a full locker with a sweatshirt in it. I believe we put it in the lost and found!

Having a tired morning this morning: Little Viking got us up before six. Tried giving him a dry diaper and putting him back to bed, and it looked like he was going back to sleep, but about five minutes later he was back in our room. Then the dog had to go out early because today's trash day and she freaks out because of the trash truck. On the other hand, he just took a pancake turner out of the drawer and used it to get "cookie for you and one for Daddy and one for Wottie and one for Weif and one for me!" (Lottie and Leif being the dog and cat.) So there's that.

Ok, he wants to write now: gfnxcx gjjbvbjvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

just checkin in, how funny is it that kids always start al words with a w. lol

I am afraid mailing those puffies is going to be put off till "atmoroh" as my daughter used to say tomorrow, as I am not feeling my best, and its sooo humid out there, yuk, sinus thing going on, so staying in the ac and taking it easy today, atmoroh is another day!!

Been keeping an eye on the mailbox ... anxiously awaiting to find out who my FFA partner was! Also still waiting to hear from the receiver of the puffy I sent out...  :sweat  :emptymail

Hello friends! I hope everyone had a nice, safe holiday weekend. I figured out why I've been feeling so yucky the past couple of days and it has to do with one of my meds. Now that I know it all makes sense and it has been corrected, phew, lol. Did anyone watch the final Smash show on Sunday? I love that show. I can't believe it was cancelled. Oh well more time for my hooks, lol. Have a wonderful day everybody.

It's so pretty! I'm glad you found a home for it quickly.

I just want to announce I am collecting 12 and 6 inchers.. *clears throat*  You know just incase anyone was courious. hint Hint cough cough

ROFL!

Good morning, another wet Chicago day! In fact, all week will be wet and humid! Just another spring....

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Wow, you're kids get out early! Our schools aren't letting out until the end of June because of snowdays. 

For the weight-loss-tryers who have added exercise to their routines: don't forget that muscle mass weighs more than fat, so as you exercise and get more healthy you might see some weight gain sometimes because of that. Doesn't necessarily mean you've backslidden on your journey; it could just as easily be a sign of progress! :D

I remember the last days of high school; my mom always made us go on the very last day even though nothing got done - probably 80% of the other kids didn't go! But I didn't mind because those of us who were there could do what we liked; we just wandered around and cleaned things up and hung out in our favorite teachers' rooms. Occasionally checked lockers to see if anybody had left stuff there; one time we found a full locker with a sweatshirt in it. I believe we put it in the lost and found!

Having a tired morning this morning: Little Viking got us up before six. Tried giving him a dry diaper and putting him back to bed, and it looked like he was going back to sleep, but about five minutes later he was back in our room. Then the dog had to go out early because today's trash day and she freaks out because of the trash truck. On the other hand, he just took a pancake turner out of the drawer and used it to get "cookie for you and one for Daddy and one for Wottie and one for Weif and one for me!" (Lottie and Leif being the dog and cat.) So there's that.

Ok, he wants to write now: gfnxcx gjjbvbjvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

Awwww so cute. Good Morning, ooops, afternoon to little Viking. I hope he takes a nap so you can get some rest too. Boy do I remember those days, lol.

Hi everyone. Sorry ive been MIA lately. We are all ok tho. Just been super busy. Things seem to be calming down atleast for a minute. See you all afterwhile :)

So good to see you! Glad that you're well. Hurry back.

just checkin in, how funny is it that kids always start al words with a w. lol

I am afraid mailing those puffies is going to be put off till "atmoroh" as my daughter used to say tomorrow, as I am not feeling my best, and its sooo humid out there, yuk, sinus thing going on, so staying in the ac and taking it easy today, atmoroh is another day!!

Sorry you're not feeling well. I hope rest and staying in the ac will take care of it. I know our pollen count is awful, makes breathing miserable.

I finally finished my FFA squares (and Katie's squares for June).  I'm hoping to get them all in the mail tomorrow.  Sorry it has taken me the whole month to get this done.  :/

In other news, I would appreciate whatever prayers and happy thoughts you all could give.  I think I had a gall bladder attack yesterday.  (I had to deal with it while riding from Arkansas to South Carolina.)  I am still sore today and being very careful about what I eat.  I need this to be a single event that I can get over.  I do not have any health insurance so a surgery right now would wreak havoc on our finances.

I finally finished my FFA squares (and Katie's squares for June).  I'm hoping to get them all in the mail tomorrow.  Sorry it has taken me the whole month to get this done.  :/

In other news, I would appreciate whatever prayers and happy thoughts you all could give.  I think I had a gall bladder attack yesterday.  (I had to deal with it while riding from Arkansas to South Carolina.)  I am still sore today and being very careful about what I eat.  I need this to be a single event that I can get over.  I do not have any health insurance so a surgery right now would wreak havoc on our finances.

Prayers going out for you!  I don't have health insurance either; so I understand all too well the need for it to be an isolated event.  Skip acidy stuff.  What else?  I'm sure you know what to skip.  Take it easy.  Don't go partying too soon ;)

well, I don't know if my ffa got her puffy or not.  I don't remember if I kept the receipt or not, and it was supposed to be delivered today.  Maybe by the time I get out of church tonight someone will have posted that they got it.  I still don't have mine, so just waiting, trying to be ever so patient, to see who had me!!! 

I am feeling better, taking allergy pills right now.  Wondering if my attacks is not because I have been eating a lot of pork lately!  Had the headache again last night while at church. 

I am hoping to get on the weight loss bandwagon. Went out walking today, and for the first time I don't think I did badly.  I did two rounds, which is approximately two miles.  If it wasn't so hot that early in the morning, I probably could have done three, but I am staring out slowly.  I drive to my pastor's neighborhood, as it is an oval and 1 time around is about a mile.  I don't have to worry about traffic, dogs, or potholes!!!  So, praying that I can get up early enough tomorrow to go out before I go to work.  If I can just walk the two miles a day for a while, I will be happy.

Hope everyone is feeling better.  will check later to see if my square partner has gotten her puffy!!!  Be blessed everyone!

Still waiting for my FFA partner to receive her puffy. Its getting frustrating. :lol

I had my weekly weigh-in tonight and, boy, I was surprised... I lost 5lbs last week! Brings my total weight loss to 1 stone 3lbs. I'm with Slimming World and finding it really easy. It works well when it comes to feeding my family as well (not that Felicia eats a lot of food at the moment. Bad stomach on the way methinks).

My Global Square Exchange on Ravelry has reached 75 members! So surprised! I'm running another yarn giveaway which will be drawn on Sunday.

I blame Katie and the rest of you squares for making me love squares so much to make the Global group. Got 2 puffies for this group ready to go out at the beginning of June, one to our Queen of the Hill. :):hug

Hi everyone and wow! All of you feeling poorly, feel better!

I had no puffy today........just to keep y'all in the know! I know several are out there or are going out so should be interesting when I do get mine! Woot!

Gotta get ready for my Kiddles walk. We will take umbrellas though...chance of rain ALL week!

Have a good nite all!

kuddles

Still waiting for my puffy too.  It is killing me. my luck would be that i have a partenr who hasnt sent it out yet lol. Anticipation. ahhhhhh. 

My kids got out of school on May 22nd. 

Prayers are with you. i had to have my gall bladder removed and had no insurance. it sucks

:sweat  I"m so glad I'm not the only one who hasn't got the FFA package out!! I've got to zoom down to Hobby Lobby the check on some 'items' tomorrow. The anticipation, I feel is the worst and may just do the poor woman in.  

I love the fall variegated!! 

I've been a busy girl lately....I finished a baby blanket project for a lady at work....I didn't get the final picture, but it did turn out cute! It's the sunny spread from Raverly

post-17683-0-62739800-1369785934_thumb.jpg

The best thing of all is I traded my sportster in for a new bike!!! I drove it, brand-new off the lot on Saturday! I already have 200 miles on it..... Dh is the black one on the left and my new jewel is the bass-boat blue one on the right.....

post-17683-0-57517600-1369786102_thumb.jpg

Archived