Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

You crack yourself up!!!  LOL

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I JUST GOT BACK FROM CHECKING MY MAIL, I WAS SOOOOO EXCITED!!!  GUESS WHAT I FOUND!  YOU GOT IT, NO PUFFY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, everyone!  I hope you're all having a fabulous day and that all of you affected by the bad weather are safe.

Ooo yeah! Season 6 is soon right? Maybe I should do the same thing. Been thinking of just have a massive True Blood rewatch because, to be honest, British TV is awful. :lol

I've been quite good with not trying to figure out who has me. I know that some people are participating that aren't very talkative on the thread so it would be really hard to puzzle it out. I just know that I have been "ticking" off who has received and sent theirs. :D

Welcome back Paula! I've been following your status updates of FB about Shai. I really hope she has a fantasitc time.

Yep, Season 6 is soon to start.  So catch up with Castiel and the boys, and then you can enjoy the new season.  I wonder what the deal with Bill and Warlow will be.  I just finished the last book in the Sookie Stackhouse series, and there's no Warlow there.  The HBO version has detracted so much from the books that it's actually fun seeing their take on it, especially for those not happy with the way the books wrapped up.  Here's a link you might like, Emma:  http://screenrant.com/true-blood-season-6-spoilers-warlow/

ha ha, you squares, trying to figure it out huh, welllll, I know who chose you, he he he, but Im not telling, however, bribes of yarn, and hooks, and goodies even though it won't help get your that name, lol is still  a nice gesture, lol JK JK... :woo  :lol

For My secret partner, the suspense should be over today!! as i believe her package is out for delivery today! SOOOOOOO check your boxes squares, maybe, it's YOU! :manyheart

All of this bad weather, hope our family of Squares here, are all safe, and out of harms way.. A bad tornado struck the very town my dd lived in till she moved back just months ago!! :eek I guess someone is looking after her....... :heart

so all, be safe, and SOMEONE out there is getting my package today me thinks!!!!!!! yay!! :clap

I love the suspense!  When my turn comes, let it be known that not only do I get late postal delivery but also that I never get delivered parcels.  My mail delivery person just leaves those notes so I can pick it up at the post office.  But if the parcel fits in the mailbox, then he leaves it.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I JUST GOT BACK FROM CHECKING MY MAIL, I WAS SOOOOO EXCITED!!!  GUESS WHAT I FOUND!  YOU GOT IT, NO PUFFY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol

:lol

I had to remove all but one of your emoticons to post mine.  I would add another one here, but just picture another laughing emoticon.

Sorry Kuddles and Katie, I checked my desktop and I do have a free gerbera square pattern saved, but it isn't as full as the one you were looking at Kuddles. It could probably be tweeked a bit though! This is her direct link and she is also on Ravelry.  If I have a chance I'll try to browse some of my books. :D

Good morning chatty girls! Hugs to those that need them, congrats, etc.

HOT here! Was still 83 in the condo when I got up! And severe storms starting late afternoon so those of you east of Chicagoland, here it comes!

FYI - I've sold those books I listed for sale. Hope she enjoys them!

Regarding trying to figure out my secret pal......I am horrible at that so I never ever try! It will be such fun when it arrives! And if you haven't sent it yet, oh secret buddy, and need ideas for extras, any little thing for my 8 yr old DD!

I found this pattern on ravelry but just can't bring myself to pay 7 bucks for a granny square! Any of you seen any free patterns like it that you can link me to? I LOVE gerbera daisies and love this 3D one but yeesh! The price!

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/baby-blanket-gerbera-3d-flower-floral-granny-square

Well gotta get moving! It's slow going in this heat!

kuddles

There is a crocodile stitch flower on ravelry that kinda resembles that you might could tweek it a little to get it how you want it.

Maria I just finished the last Sookie book and was very happy with the ending. It was just as I had hoped!

As for Cas and the boys, I need to download from iTunes. The finale was on last night and the wind wrecked my service from the moment my Cas came on screen. I could of cried!

Maria I just finished the last Sookie book and was very happy with the ending. It was just as I had hoped!

As for Cas and the boys, I need to download from iTunes. The finale was on last night and the wind wrecked my service from the moment my Cas came on screen. I could of cried!

I wasn't surprised nor unhappy with the ending.  I'm excited to see what happens in True Blood's alternate Sookie-verse :lol

I would have been so mad!  Let me know what you think via FB :)

Kuddles, Katie, and anyone else that was interested... if you have a copy of 100 Afghans to Knit & Crochet by Jean Leinhauser and Rita Weiss there is a pattern on pg 22 called Curled Tips Daisy designed by Bonnie Pierce that might come close to what you're looking for. I searched Rav but she doesn't have a photo of it up, but there is a picture of the book if you need that to jar your memory, lol. I know that I couldn't tell you any of the titles I have...

lolol!!!  She is currently working and won't get home until this evening.  She will be surprised when she gets her mail!!!

Now Katy, how are you going to be surprised at who has you when you already know who has you??  hmmmm??????

well I don't know what's in it, lol  but my partner will be surprised to receive it!! lol

Oh That would be great if you could. it is such a pretty pattern

HMMMM. Well it wasnt me.. No mail today. 

Yeah what she said lol.

yeah, ill give it a shot sometime soon!

Hi, ladies!  Everyone safe?  Everyone okay?  I hope the storms go away very, very soon :hug

Have you ever heard of Day by Day Crochet?  She's on Facebook.  She's a full-time music teacher and gives private piano lessons.  In the bit of time aside from that, she works with polymer clay for hooks, stitch markers, buttons... she's great!  She has a loooooong waiting list.  I ordered a few months ago before the list.  I wanted an order soon after, but by then, word spread of her fantastic work.  Now her list has over 300 names in it.  So I waited about five months for my turn to order, and it arrived yesterday!  I am so excited!  I thought I'd share a little eye candy with our group :)

post-44469-0-62240200-1369116593_thumb.jpg

post-44469-0-45053800-1369116597_thumb.jpg

post-44469-0-82370100-1369116599_thumb.jpg

Hi, ladies!  Everyone safe?  Everyone okay?  I hope the storms go away very, very soon :hug

Have you ever heard of Day by Day Crochet?  She's on Facebook.  She's a full-time music teacher and gives private piano lessons.  In the bit of time aside from that, she works with polymer clay for hooks, stitch markers, buttons... she's great!  She has a loooooong waiting list.  I ordered a few months ago before the list.  I wanted an order soon after, but by then, word spread of her fantastic work.  Now her list has over 300 names in it.  So I waited about five months for my turn to order, and it arrived yesterday!  I am so excited!  I thought I'd share a little eye candy with our group :)

I am on that list! LOL Wow, what a great haul of pretties! I am patiently awaiting my turn to order as well, but my order is tiny in comparison! LOL I just want one single Yorkie hook. I have watched her update her page with your order over the past little bit, ha! 

I have been bad... not mailed my puffy out yet. Those blasted ends are not weaving themselves in to my dismay. :sigh So that's on the agenda to complete tomorrow (er, today since it's 2 in the morning!). Then mailing Wednesday with any luck.

Later the storms are supposed to arrive in my area, but all is calm now. My heart hurt so much earlier I could barely stand it and am still emotional just thinking of the tragedy in Moore, OK. :cry... I think I will have to use some crochet therapy to make it thru the next little while. 

I see we have a new member (I didn't read all the posts, again I have been a bad squarer this week!) ... so :hi & :welcome! :hug

I just finished my homework for the week, a whole 24 hours early so now I am going to try to get some rest before the weather rolls in. I don't think I'll get much sleep but eh, it's worth a shot. 

Prayers for those in need, hugs to everyone! 

I am on that list! LOL Wow, what a great haul of pretties! I am patiently awaiting my turn to order as well, but my order is tiny in comparison! LOL I just want one single Yorkie hook. I have watched her update her page with your order over the past little bit, ha! 

I have been bad... not mailed my puffy out yet. Those blasted ends are not weaving themselves in to my dismay. :sigh So that's on the agenda to complete tomorrow (er, today since it's 2 in the morning!). Then mailing Wednesday with any luck.

Later the storms are supposed to arrive in my area, but all is calm now. My heart hurt so much earlier I could barely stand it and am still emotional just thinking of the tragedy in Moore, OK. :cry... I think I will have to use some crochet therapy to make it thru the next little while. 

I see we have a new member (I didn't read all the posts, again I have been a bad squarer this week!) ... so :hi & :welcome! :hug

I just finished my homework for the week, a whole 24 hours early so now I am going to try to get some rest before the weather rolls in. I don't think I'll get much sleep but eh, it's worth a shot. 

Prayers for those in need, hugs to everyone! 

I thought when she referred to a big order recently, she meant mine, but she said she had a huge order when working on the list I was a part of and that mine was small in comparison.  Can you believe it?  I started wondering if maybe people pooled together to order at the same time instead of waiting longer.  It's possible.  Now that I have my order, of course, I find there were other hooks I wanted to order :D  So I'm back on the list :lol

It is devastating, what's happening right now, especially in Moore, OK.  What a tragedy.  They need all the prayers and help they can get.  My heart really goes out to them.  

Get some rest.  You're always soooo busy.  Don't get sick by overdoing it.  Good night  :sleep

Kuddles, Katie, and anyone else that was interested... if you have a copy of 100 Afghans to Knit & Crochet by Jean Leinhauser and Rita Weiss there is a pattern on pg 22 called Curled Tips Daisy designed by Bonnie Pierce that might come close to what you're looking for. I searched Rav but she doesn't have a photo of it up, but there is a picture of the book if you need that to jar your memory, lol. I know that I couldn't tell you any of the titles I have...

thanks Ann! Nope don't have that book....but a local library does! I'm off to snag it today and take a look! Thanks for the tip sweetie!

kuddles

WOW! Such a cute set! I want the Hello Kitty and the Mickey please! LOL

But mostly, I want to know where I can find the pattern for that adorable owl cup cozy!! Spill please!

kuddles

Well morning all.......heavy heart for those Oklahoma people. Been praying hard for them!

I'm in Chicagoland and we are in slight risk for severe storms, but my mother and family is downstate where it is severe! I'm praying for them as well! My mother is in her 80s and still lives alone....so I hope she stays in! She goes goes goes though so....

Thanks AngelRoseLite for the tip on that lady on facebook.....just went and liked her page. I posted that I wanted added to her waiting list....is that all I had to do?

Busy time for me at work. And my boss decided to take the rest of the week off and hinted that he may be moving on! What the what?? Well, I'll deal with it if the time comes.

Hugs to all my Squares!

kuddles

Good Morning Everyone! My heart is aching for those poor people in Oklahoma. Been praying for them since I first heard it on the news. I hope any of you that are going to be in the path or have loved ones in it stay safe. I'll be praying for you too.

Kuddles, you're welcome. Hope you find the square and like it. Let me know if you can't get the book.

AngelRoseLite, WOW! Nice eye candy! I haven't been on FB in a while, but I just might have to go check her out, lol!

Tiffer, Don't run yourself ragged. You're gonna burn out girl! Take care of yourself. (((hugs)))

On another note, has everyone elses emoticons stopped working? Mine stopped last night. Don't know if it's my computer or the 'ville...

Have a good day everyone. Stay safe (((hugs)))

thanks Ann! Nope don't have that book....but a local library does! I'm off to snag it today and take a look! Thanks for the tip sweetie!

kuddles

I do have the book,and i saw it in there, and wondered, it's pretty close to the one Kuddles liked I think. I started to duplicate it, just for fun, and ended up going off another direction, but happily, invented a new flower square, lol Ill picture

that here, after i do another, and probably write it down this time?? lol

Good Morning Everyone! My heart is aching for those poor people in Oklahoma. Been praying for them since I first heard it on the news. I hope any of you that are going to be in the path or have loved ones in it stay safe. I'll be praying for you too.

Kuddles, you're welcome. Hope you find the square and like it. Let me know if you can't get the book.

AngelRoseLite, WOW! Nice eye candy! I haven't been on FB in a while, but I just might have to go check her out, lol!

Tiffer, Don't run yourself ragged. You're gonna burn out girl! Take care of yourself. (((hugs)))

On another note, has everyone elses emoticons stopped working? Mine stopped last night. Don't know if it's my computer or the 'ville...

Have a good day everyone. Stay safe (((hugs)))

So much destruction, and not over yet. Our healing thoughts are prayers are with all of them..

Angel, nice goodies!!!

Tiffer, take some time for tiffer, lol

and no, my emoicons seem to be working ann!! :manyheart

oh gosh, my package was supposed to have been deivered yesterday, so hoping to her from my secret pal today at least, that it arrived safely...

Overcast here, but have missed the storms so far, which is good, just a few showers, which is making all the blooms on my flowers sing with happiness!!!

A new bloom or three, every day! They must  Like their new, forgive the pun, Digs!! lol

So much for my dar so far, nothing much else to do so might tinker with some yarn after while!! Take care all in the storms paths, and the rest of you too!\

oh, i just finished browsing crochet books online, and i have five or more on my wish list, lol woe is me, looks like the paypal account is gonna be running low this week..........

I have to CHECK first though, to make sure I don't have the ones I want!! tee hee hee!!

I do have the book,and i saw it in there, and wondered, it's pretty close to the one Kuddles liked I think. I started to duplicate it, just for fun, and ended up going off another direction, but happily, invented a new flower square, lol Ill ptc

Get to hooking and writing it down missy! LOL

So much for my dar so far, nothing much else to do so might tinker with some yarn after while!! Take care all in the storms paths, and the rest of you too!\

oh, i just finished browsing crochet books online, and i have five or more on my wish list, lol woe is me, looks like the paypal account is gonna be running low this week..........

I have to CHECK first though, to make sure I don't have the ones I want!! tee hee hee!!

Like me, you like to both multiplies! Such a bad habit of mine for sure!!

kuddles

Archived