Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Good Morning, and Happy Friday! I'm ready to get this work day finished so I can go play bingo with my sister tonight!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oooh, Abigail  got a package, eye candy, yay@! Nice job estee, the squares are fabulous, as are the other giftees!!!    Wonderful!

Happy Happy on the house Kim!!

Room for crafts, and the doggies, yay!!

You beat me Pineknott, I don't know if I have the tracking number, but your package beat my package getting there, you win!! lol Mine was going a few states away so should arrive soon.....

Good morning again!

I do have just a couple items to destash so here is the list. PM if you have an interest. Postage will be media mail to save money. Anything not 'claimed' here will go on the destash thread on Monday.

Positively Crochet by Mary Jan Hall ...... asking $7

Crocheted Pursenalities by Eva Wiechmann....asking $5

Love That Bag by American School of Needlework (15 covers)...asking $1

Later!

kuddles

oooo... get um while they're hot, great deals!!

Good morning again!

I do have just a couple items to destash so here is the list. PM if you have an interest. Postage will be media mail to save money. Anything not 'claimed' here will go on the destash thread on Monday.

Positively Crochet by Mary Jan Hall ...... asking $7

Crocheted Pursenalities by Eva Wiechmann....asking $5

Love That Bag by American School of Needlework (15 covers)...asking $1

Later!

kuddles

Wow, looks like there are things going on that I have missed.  Haven't been able to get on in about a week now, so gotta go through all those posts and see what I am missing.

Katy, I am going to email you a question I have, hope you can help me out!!!

New job is going fairly well.  Some days I am home (like today) and some days I am still in BR.  Hopefully we can get all those files inputted soon, but I still have three more boxes to sort, then there is scanning them all into the computer, yada yada.  Hopefully the IT man can get mine started and I can do some of the things from my home instead of driving!!!

Hope everyone has a great day and has fantastic weather.  It is hot and muggy here, I just wish it would rain and be done with it, but then again it has been raining so much my grass is way too long and needs to be mowed!!!

yay!! if not today, mine will be Monday, no later than I would think...

Kuddles, question for you from your secret pal, what colors do you consider yummy, lol

I mean everyone has different yummy tastes, you know, is yummy the same for y ou as it is for others, I don't know...Its a condendrum, for sure!

Yummy to me means nice bright colors like orange, teal, red, hot pink.......but I also love the autumn colors of brown, royal blue, so gee, everything except pastels I guess!

Our preapproval for the house came through, and now hubby's not sure if that's the one he wants.  Men!!!  Lol.  But we'll see what happens.  We're not in a big hurry, but I do like that house ....

It's been lovely here all week.  Cool at the beginning but sunny.  Now warm and sunny :)

I'm piecing together a granny sampler ghan.  It's trying my patience.

Hi Peeps!!

So, I am done with finals and now can apply my free time to making up my Free For All package.  I am really having fun with this.  I would do this again if given the opportunity  However, I am not sure when it will go out.  I have patterns and patterns I've picked out and of course I can't make them all, but sure would like to.

Weather hear is getting hot...high 80's, 90's.  The apartment was too hot, so I sat outside crocheting today.  There was a nice breeze in the shade.

been working on the circular motif shawl and the persephone  shawl CAL. Tomorrow I have to be at the church at 9 for our food ministry. there till 1130 then off the a spegehtti dinner at the wesleyan church. then back to my church at 2 for a special service.  I might get a chance to crochet sometime tomorrow lol.

Our preapproval for the house came through, and now hubby's not sure if that's the one he wants.  Men!!!  Lol.  But we'll see what happens.  We're not in a big hurry, but I do like that house ....

It's been lovely here all week.  Cool at the beginning but sunny.  Now warm and sunny :)

well, keep looking then, find one you both like,  ha ha, , and on the ghan, it's all good, when its done, you'll be happy you did it....

Hi Peeps!!

So, I am done with finals and now can apply my free time to making up my Free For All package.  I am really having fun with this.  I would do this again if given the opportunity  However, I am not sure when it will go out.  I have patterns and patterns I've picked out and of course I can't make them all, but sure would like to.

Weather hear is getting hot...high 80's, 90's.  The apartment was too hot, so I sat outside crocheting today.  There was a nice breeze in the shade.

hot here too, how did you do on finals, when will you know..Have fun with preparing your package for your secret partner, I think that is all of our favorite thing, preparing the package, lol

been working on the circular motif shawl and the persephone  shawl CAL. Tomorrow I have to be at the church at 9 for our food ministry. there till 1130 then off the a spegehtti dinner at the wesleyan church. then back to my church at 2 for a special service.  I might get a chance to crochet sometime tomorrow lol.

busy busy......

Yummy to me means nice bright colors like orange, teal, red, hot pink.......but I also love the autumn colors of brown, royal blue, so gee, everything except pastels I guess!

K,  ill pass that on!!

Good morning all!

Abigail, congrats on the pre approval! You'll get there!

Today should be pretty out, so hoping on two walks, gotta clean house before the babysitter comes tomorrow, and just hanging with Kiddles.

Take care all!

kuddles

Hi Kuddles, you're up early!! me too though, couldn't sleep any longer...

Should I change the preferences on the first post to reflect your current needs, or just change a word or two to read brights, and yummy colors, and take out the yellow and or soft pink......Me a bit confused, lol but then it's early, and I am blonde, sooooooooooo...............thanks, have a grea day, you and kiddles!!

Good morning all!

Today should be pretty out, so hoping on two walks, gotta clean house before the babysitter comes tomorrow, and just hanging with Kiddles.

Take care all!

kuddles

I just discovered the filter by forum button, which means I can filter out some of the things i don't often read, such as games and that, and it's pretty handy. Just click on it, and then click on the things you WANT to come up in new content, wow, nice and neat, and all the threads I don't normally ever read clear out making room for those I do read every day, lol  And with a click of the mouse, I can return to getting all forums new content!  It's a good thing,!!

Hi Kuddles, you're up early!! me too though, couldn't sleep any longer...

Should I change the preferences on the first post to reflect your current needs, or just change a word or two to read brights, and yummy colors, and take out the yellow and or soft pink......Me a bit confused, lol but then it's early, and I am blonde, sooooooooooo...............thanks, have a grea day, you and kiddles!!

I'm always confused!

Take out 'yummy' and put in brights. I would take anything so doesn't matter I guess!

kuddles

Good morning! Hoping to get some crocheting done this weekend! I'll be in my company's booth at an art fair for a few hours this afternoon, but other than that, no plans for the weekend!

Hi all! How is your Saturday?

I know a couple of you saw this on my FB page but this is what I opened the blinds in the lounge to this morning:

This car in flames across the street from me.

post-54070-0-55777000-1368897877_thumb.jpg

Was quite scary but also quite mesmerizing at the same time.

Its raining here so haven't been doing anything fun. Housework and I took Felicia to the store so we could get some groceries. Got all bits for my package done now. Will be in the mail on Wednesday :)

hot here too, how did you do on finals, when will you know..Have fun with preparing your package for your secret partner, I think that is all of our favorite thing, preparing the package, lol

busy busy......

I got a 92.1% in English and a 82.1% in math

Just an update....my FFA package did make it to the PO today and is expected to be delivered on Monday!  :)

Well, it's not Monday, but i did get my package today!!!   OH MY GOODNESS!   Thank you so much.  There was so much goody goodiness inside.  I am so excited.  You were VERY busy.  Inside i got TEN squares.  They are beautiful.  Some are in purple (my favorite color) but there are other colors too.  I also got three Bernat patterns for an apron, placemats and napkin rings, and tray liner and coasters.  I also received a wonderful handmade crocheted hook holder with THREE crochet hooks inside.  I love the little butterfly button.  Also attached were two handmade stitch markers that I absolutely love.  Also included was a very nice little note.  Thank you so very much!!  It is all so awesome!  I don't have a cell phone to take a picture, but I will try to borrow one so you can all share in my joy! 

Thanks again!!!

oh my,thats quite a sight to wake up in the morning

I know a couple of you saw this on my FB page but this is what I opened the blinds in the lounge to this morning:

attachicon.giffire!.jpg

Its raining here so haven't been doing anything fun. Housework and I took Felicia to the store so we could get some groceries. Got all bits for my package done now. Will be in the mail on Wednesday :)

Hi everyone!  We're having an overcast sky today and a bit cooler.  The sun peaks out off and on.  That's ok, no big plans.  Now, tomorrow we have a graduation party to go to, so I'm hoping the weatherman is right and it will be cloudy and in the 60's, but no rain!  Today---it's a crochet day!  Have a great weekend everyone!

Congrats on the loan and keep on looking.  I'm sure you'll find something you both like ( or he'll come around on this one, lol) .

Hi Peeps!!

WooHoo for finishing finals!  Glad you got to sit outside and crochet.  Weren't you just getting snow? LOL!

PHEW, I'm getting tired just thinking about your day! lol.

Good morning all!

Take care all!

kuddles

Sounds like a nice day.  Wanna take a walk for me? :D

Good morning! Hoping to get some crocheting done this weekend! I'll be in my company's booth at an art fair for a few hours this afternoon, but other than that, no plans for the weekend!

Ohhh, an art fair.  that sounds like a nice day!  Hope you have a nice weekend!

attachicon.giffire!.jpg

Wow, that is scary!  Was everyone ok?  Does Felicia like to go grocery shopping with you?  I remember those days taking little ones shopping.  Sometimes it could be a real chore. :lol

I got a 92.1% in English and a 82.1% in math

Congrats!

Well, it's not Monday, but i did get my package today!!!   OH MY GOODNESS!   Thank you so much.  There was so much goody goodiness inside.  I am so excited.  You were VERY busy.  Inside i got TEN squares.  They are beautiful.  Some are in purple (my favorite color) but there are other colors too.  I also got three Bernat patterns for an apron, placemats and napkin rings, and tray liner and coasters.  I also received a wonderful handmade crocheted hook holder with THREE crochet hooks inside.  I love the little butterfly button.  Also attached were two handmade stitch markers that I absolutely love.  Also included was a very nice little note.  Thank you so very much!!  It is all so awesome!  I don't have a cell phone to take a picture, but I will try to borrow one so you can all share in my joy! 

Thanks again!!!

Your very welcome!  I had fun putting it together.  I'm glad that you like everything. :hug

Wow, that is scary!  Was everyone ok?  Does Felicia like to go grocery shopping with you?  I remember those days taking little ones shopping.  Sometimes it could be a real chore. :lol

Yeah. Everyone was ok. I think it must have been a short circuit or something. It wasn't arson or anything sinister. The fire dept. were super quick. I've never seen them in action before. No hunks though :P:lol

Felicia does like going grocery shopping because we get her involved in it. We pass her things to put in the cart and let her choose certain things. If all else fails, she sits in the cart and eats a banana :D

Archived