Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Good morning everyone. my day off. YEAHHHHHH. Gonna try to finish my project for my secret partner. I also want to finish a CAL shawl. My son bought me a Spider plant from the FFA teacher for mothers day. Gonna repot it today plus I have some baby mother in law tongues to move.

I wanted to sleep in but apparently the construction workers didnt get the memo.

Hope all is well. everyone has been so quiet.

I wish I lived close to you.  I had a mother-in-laws tongue plant and I killed it (they said it was impossible to do).  I would like to try again to raise a mother.  I have also killed the spider plant.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kept calling it a spider plant but it is a snake plant lol. I knew that. I dont like spiders or snakes lol. I would love a spider plant. I wonder if it would live if i put a baby in a wet paper towel inside a baggie then inside an envelope if it would make it to you......  I have 2 babies. one is spoken for

Good Morning,

I slept in a whole extra 15 minutes this morning. I've decided to have a leisurely cup of coffee :mug while playing on my laptop and then lots of crocheting :crocheting  :crocheting  :crocheting

Hope everyone has a great day!

Happy Saturday! 

I hope you are all having an awesome Mother's Day weekend! 

Busy bee as usual around here. 

Was supposed to go looking at dresses with my BFF but there is just not any time. :sigh She's not in any rush, but it would have been fun... hopefully one day soon we'll get to go. 

Back to squares & orders. Have a great one! 

Happy Mothers day to all the moms,

I rec'd 2 puffy's today with a total of 15 squares in them. one was from tiffer, and the other from pineknott. I also rec'd( if my brain is not failing me) 8 others this week from i think it was dragnlady5, csheridian, and viking. sorry if its not the right count I put them with all the ones I had from before.

so added with the total before, if my counts are right   I rec'd 49 squares :eek . thank you all so much the squares are all beautiful and all so different I can not wait to put it together. I just bought black yarn to edge them all and will start doing that this week. :ty :ty :ty

Enjoying some BEAUTIFUL weather here in Southern Illinois! I had a hair appointment this morning and a baby shower this afternoon...came home and cleaned up my car and took care of a few weeds in my tomato garden. Now it's time to crochet!

Yay, sounds like everyone is getting their stuff ready to mail!!

I just finished something special for my secret friend.  :applause  I am very pleased with it. I had an idea and just kinda thought it up as I made it. Cant wait to send it now. lol. I got one more special square to make for her then it will be on its way.

I ran all my errands tonight and skipped bingo in hopes of starting a baby blanket for a friend...I really dislike the yarn I bought. I listed it in our destashing thread if anyone happens to be interested: http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/146472-for-sale-1-skein-sensations-rainbow-boucle-with-shimmer/?p=2567956

ah,that's a shame, but I bet someone will love it!

Oh my gosh, so much to catch up on! Sigh. Hurrah for everybody! There, that's the short version. :D

I think it was Abigail said they were trying to start moving? I feel your pain! We've been looking for a year and a half and may finally have found something, but I don't know. At least the pre-approval's in process, but I'm chewing my nails because our LAST pre-approval would have well covered us (even *without* selling our current place!), but that expired about a year ago and now I'm working part-time instead of full-time so our income is lower... >_< Hoping, hoping!

I had a question about shipping for May; do the packages have to arrive by the end of May, or just be sent out? I was looking at the list of participants and saw we have a few overseas-from-the-US people (Hi Skoggy and Aussie Paula and any others I don't know about!) I've seen on the board that sometimes those packages can take awhile to arrive! Even for domestic it can take a while if you're shipping across country, or heck, even close by if the PO is having a bad day! And I still haven't totally figured out what I want to put in my package yet.... :-/ I's not so good wif da being on times thing....

I don't know,. i think if you mail in may that would work, even if it's a bit late, least it's coming....

Tomorrow is the mother daughter banquet at church. it is going to be a soup and sandwich dinner. everyone was talking about the soup or stews they were bringing so i opted for sandwiches. I made egg salad, Ham salad and bought some ham and turkey for sandwiches. and then realized no one mentioned desert. so i bought some chocolate and strawberries and will be making chocolate covered strawberries tomorrow. this year is the first in 3 yrs we have been at this church that my Step daughter has decided she will go with me.

That's terrific!

I wish I lived close to you.  I had a mother-in-laws tongue plant and I killed it (they said it was impossible to do).  I would like to try again to raise a mother.  I have also killed the spider plant.

I hear that. I don't have a green thumb either...

I rec'd 2 puffy's today with a total of 15 squares in them. one was from tiffer, and the other from pineknott. I also rec'd( if my brain is not failing me) 8 others this week from i think it was dragnlady5, csheridian, and viking. sorry if its not the right count I put them with all the ones I had from before.

so added with the total before, if my counts are right   I rec'd 49 squares :eek . thank you all so much the squares are all beautiful and all so different I can not wait to put it together. I just bought black yarn to edge them all and will start doing that this week. :ty :ty :ty

wow, that is terrific, make sure to post pics!!!

I received my free for all squares today!! abigail1280 sent them - and they are ALL beautiful! She was also my swap partner for the May Square Swap so I got another square for that.

She sent:

4 - 3" squares

3 - 3.5" squares

2 - 5" squares

1 - 8" square

1 - 9" square

1 - 12" square (for the May Square Swap)

I've taken pictures but they didn't turn out very good. I hope I'll have some good weather tomorrow so that I can get a decent photo of all my 'square-y' goodness! They're all so beautiful. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! to abigail1280 for the time and effort she put into making these squares. I really can't wait to show them off!

Oh my gosh, so much to catch up on! Sigh. Hurrah for everybody! There, that's the short version. :D

I think it was Abigail said they were trying to start moving? I feel your pain! We've been looking for a year and a half and may finally have found something, but I don't know. At least the pre-approval's in process, but I'm chewing my nails because our LAST pre-approval would have well covered us (even *without* selling our current place!), but that expired about a year ago and now I'm working part-time instead of full-time so our income is lower... >_< Hoping, hoping!

I had a question about shipping for May; do the packages have to arrive by the end of May, or just be sent out? I was looking at the list of participants and saw we have a few overseas-from-the-US people (Hi Skoggy and Aussie Paula and any others I don't know about!) I've seen on the board that sometimes those packages can take awhile to arrive! Even for domestic it can take a while if you're shipping across country, or heck, even close by if the PO is having a bad day! And I still haven't totally figured out what I want to put in my package yet.... :-/ I's not so good wif da being on times thing....

Yup that was me.  I feel like I've been moving for a year and a half.  I haven't had a permanent residence in a year, and all of my stuff has been in storage for 18 months.  Wednesday, we're going out with the realtor.  Hopefully we find something quickly.

I kept calling it a spider plant but it is a snake plant lol. I knew that. I dont like spiders or snakes lol. I would love a spider plant. I wonder if it would live if i put a baby in a wet paper towel inside a baggie then inside an envelope if it would make it to you......  I have 2 babies. one is spoken for

I've received house plants (including spider) I ordered on ebay that way.  They traveled pretty well and this is a good time of the year.  Not too hot and not too cold.

I received my free for all squares today!! abigail1280 sent them - and they are ALL beautiful! She was also my swap partner for the May Square Swap so I got another square for that.

She sent:

4 - 3" squares

3 - 3.5" squares

2 - 5" squares

1 - 8" square

1 - 9" square

I've taken pictures but they didn't turn out very good. I hope I'll have some good weather tomorrow so that I can get a decent photo of all my 'square-y' goodness! They're all so beautiful. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! to abigail1280 for the time and effort she put into making these squares. I really can't wait to show them off!

I'm so glad yo like them.  And that they arrived safely! :)

Hi :hi:)

I have to admit the worst part of shipping internationally (which I do all the time) is the price. :lol The times it has taken for my parcels to reach their recipiant has sometimes been surprisingly quick. But, sure, it still takes longer than shipping within your own country. :)

that was some super fast service,they said they would arrive on Monday,glad you got them,and sorry they took so long to get out to you.

She sent:

4 - 3" squares

3 - 3.5" squares

2 - 5" squares

1 - 8" square

1 - 9" square

wow terrific! So these are from you secret pal, huh, wonderful, she did a wonderful job!

and hey ya, happy Mom's day to all us mom's out there! Kids are kids, no matter what the age. Im thankful mine is such a good one, and one for which without her, I would not be a mom! :ty

Today was my go and get some plants day, :applause  as I usually plant on Mom's day, in honor of my mom, RIP, and always plant her favortite flowers, Impatients....That tradition started years ago, when I didn't know what to get her for mothers day, so bought flowers, impatients, as they worked well in her bed which was much in the shade,( i read that on the container!!)  and we planted them together, we laughed a lot, :lol what with worms, and all sorts of strange critters, :loco  neither one of us were garden oriented at that particular time, lol but we perservered, and they were the prettiest, bushiest bed in town!  Mom always said, it was cause they were planted with love. To to this day, I still plant them on mothers day, and remember that long past mother's day, was the best mom's day she said she had, and me not a mom at that time, thought so too! so,,,,, little memory there, so if mom is still with you, enjoy your time with her. Happy Mother's Day to all, and to all, a good day!!!! :ghug

Happy Mother's Day, ladies!  I hope you're all having a fabulous day.  I'm visiting my mom's grave today.  I'm hoping that by 6 p.m. it's cooled down.  We're at a sunny 90 degrees in L.A. today!  Yuck.  Can I trade places with one of you snowed in gals?  

Happy Mother's Day, ladies!  I hope you're all having a fabulous day.  I'm visiting my mom's grave today.  I'm hoping that by 6 p.m. it's cooled down.  We're at a sunny 90 degrees in L.A. today!  Yuck.  Can I trade places with one of you snowed in gals?  

Got cool Spring weather here at the moment if you want to swap :D

Got a puffy from Mandy this afternoon. she is not my free for all partner she just sent it to me from the kindness of her heart. Thanks Mandy i love them.

D385620D-orig.jpg

A750C24E-orig.jpg

1501C28A-orig.jpg

Those are very nice.

Archived