Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow, that is amazing!! Cross that off your list of things to do,huh!

You know it! I have so many projects going on, I try to get squares done when I have any other free time!

Hi to all, and a nice afternoon it is turning out to be!

Sun is out, window is open for the pets to sun in this afternoon, and get some fresh air in their little lungs, lol and Im enjoying the day here sipping my diet coke, and watching the birds in the yard peck up all the grass seed that is still trying to find it's way into the ground,,,,,acck, oh well, huh...All chores for the time being are done, and I think now, is crochet time, least for a little while.........

Nothing new to report, and all is well with the world, least here in my tiny corner of it....Did you ever stop to think HOW BIG the world must seem to ants, i mean if of course they had a human brain lol, and knew about time, and space, and distance, right! lol

Sounds like an ideal day.  And no, I can't say I've ever thought about ants in that way, but I have pondered the same thing about other critters and even flowers/vegetables growing in the garden! :lol

Hello!

Nothing new here either.

I stopped at Joanns today to get supplies for my students to make mother's day gifts and bought some really pretty Simply Soft to use for a shawl CAL. And I got my mother's day shopping done for family members. Ok so maybe there were a couple of new things today.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Ohhh, I saw your post on the other thread.  That color CSS is pretty.  Looking forward to seeing your finished shawl!

I put my May Free For All squares in the mail just a few hours ago! So excited!  :yay

Wow, so exciting!!! Good for you for starting the ball rolling!

Hello lovely squares!

I hope you are all well. Sorry for being a bit AWOL for the past week or so. Had lots of things going on in my life and I've been attached to my sewing machine making a costume for my Felicia. We went to a Sci-fi convention on Saturday and I made Felicia an Ewok costume. Was a fantastic day and there were loads of people dressed up, mainly Star Wars and Doctor Who. Some of you may already have seen my thread about it but here is another pic.

post-54070-0-78340600-1367921572_thumb.jpg

I've finished 2 squares for my partner. I'm secretly hoping that she also puts something on the RAOK thread so I can send her some other bits but, either way, she is getting something else as well as squares. Been doing other bits n bobs recently which I'd like to send. :)

Hello lovely squares!

We went to a Sci-fi convention on Saturday and I made Felicia an Ewok costume. Was a fantastic day and there were loads of people dressed up, mainly Star Wars and Doctor Who. Some of you may already have seen my thread about it but here is another pic.

attachicon.gifEwok.jpg

I've finished 2 squares for my partner. I'm secretly hoping that she also puts something on the RAOK thread so I can send her some other bits but, either way, she is getting something else as well as squares. Been doing other bits n bobs recently which I'd like to send. :)

Yup saw it, but saying again, how awesome! You have multiple talents!!!

'bits n bobs' - just love 'hearing' you talk! Love how we are all so different while being the same!

kuddles

And good morning to you all!

Another gorgeous day here! Going to be mid 70s and sunny! Wow! Sure will be hard to sit in that trailer all day! I have an errand to run at lunch so I'll be able to enjoy it!

Here's hoping everyone has a great day!

kuddles

Good morning...It is a cool (60) grey, overcast day so far....Coffee made, cat fed, emails read and here I am in Cville...Just want to say a big THANK YOU to dragnlady and grannie for the prayers and thanks to everyone else that included me in theirs...They worked...The cardiologist said there had been no change in my EKG from a year ago and that I have not had a heart attack...My heart just beats to a different drummer...LOL...I just have a funky heartbeat...What a relief...Soooo...surgery is a go for next Tuesday...

I stopped by Tuesday Morning's yesterday and spurged on some aloe sock yarn 3X5.99...It is a varigated pink/yellow/white...Think I'll make a shrug with a  stitch pattern I love (Bernat's Worsted red blanket/throw)...Hope every one has a great day...

WOOOOOO Estee. Praise God.  Glad it all came out great.

Sometimes Docs kinda jump to conclusions and there r times when they need to keep there mouths shut. when my hubby had to go to the ER they did an ekg and both the tech and the doc asked him f he had a never stimulator implanted because the ekg showed a spike. when we said no they were both like oh ok. When I asked about it all they would say was oh it is no big deal. 

UUhgg. maybe it isnt to them but know I wonder why his heart is doing strange things

Morning!!  :mug  It's going to be on the cool side today....85 for the high! I can leave my house open for a nice breeze today after I run up to Target and Joann's.

I'm working on a square or two for the Free For All....I LOVE Raverly, I don't know what I'd do without the 'library' to store all my ideas. 

I'm squaring along for my May partner :)

I also started another CAL thread for a shawl if anyone would be interested... It's the Persephone Shawl (free on Ravelry)! 

Here's a link if anyone wants to join me there too. I am using lace weight yarn but you can use any you like! It's very versatile! 

Persephone Shawl CAL

shhhh is everybody busy hookin, not much chatter on the old thread today, guess it's silent Tuesday, and here no one told me, lol

Im almost done with what Im sending to my secret partner, but not exactly quite yet, lol might still see something to die for she would love sooo, keeping the envelope open....

Mandy was the one that posted the 4000th post, anddddd she was the first one to mail off her secret partner's goodies, as far as I know anyway, she is sure a go getter!!! Another thing she can cross of that list of 'toodos' as we call it..

Nothing much else, headed to the store here in a bit, just cause Im bored, and need something to inspire me to cook something for supper tonight, lol Might see something great, might come back with a frozen pizza, lol who knows!!!

Ok then, till later!!!        

I'm around Katie! Shhhhh, don't tell my boss!

I am finishing up my May partner's last item then will be finding the box to put stuff in, and hopefully mailing it out either Friday or perhaps on Monday. Woot!

It is GORGEOUS here today! At least I have the little window near me open here in the trailer......I can hear the sounds of nature.....oh yeah and the school buses, I'm next to the BD school too!

Later!

kuddles

I'm lurking. :)

Got back from Slimming World this evening and my total weight loss, since I started 5 weeks ago, is 12.5lbs! I am soooo close to losing my first stone. Next week it will be mine! :D:lol

Been catching up on make some squares and it feels nice. Found a lovely pattern that is probably about to get overused by myself. :lol

Got gifted a fantastic dragon pattern on this months RAOK so I'm going to make that soon too. Nice to be getting my hook working again.

Hello lovely squares!

I hope you are all well. Sorry for being a bit AWOL for the past week or so. Had lots of things going on in my life and I've been attached to my sewing machine making a costume for my Felicia. We went to a Sci-fi convention on Saturday and I made Felicia an Ewok costume. Was a fantastic day and there were loads of people dressed up, mainly Star Wars and Doctor Who. Some of you may already have seen my thread about it but here is another pic.

attachicon.gifEwok.jpg

I saw it already, but I'll say it again.  Fantastic job!  And your little one is adorable!!!  You are a very talented lady.

And good morning to you all!

Another gorgeous day here! Going to be mid 70s and sunny! Wow! Sure will be hard to sit in that trailer all day! I have an errand to run at lunch so I'll be able to enjoy it!

Here's hoping everyone has a great day!

kuddles

Sounds like you're having a nice day even if it has to be in a trailer next to the school, lol.  How is Little K doing today?

Good morning...It is a cool (60) grey, overcast day so far....Coffee made, cat fed, emails read and here I am in Cville...Just want to say a big THANK YOU to dragnlady and grannie for the prayers and thanks to everyone else that included me in theirs...They worked...The cardiologist said there had been no change in my EKG from a year ago and that I have not had a heart attack...My heart just beats to a different drummer...LOL...I just have a funky heartbeat...What a relief...Soooo...surgery is a go for next Tuesday...

I stopped by Tuesday Morning's yesterday and spurged on some aloe sock yarn 3X5.99...It is a varigated pink/yellow/white...Think I'll make a shrug with a  stitch pattern I love (Bernat's Worsted red blanket/throw)...Hope every one has a great day...

Wonderful news!  Great idea to celebrate by picking up some yarn!  I'm looking forward to seeing the shrug when you're finished.

WOOOOOO Estee. Praise God.  Glad it all came out great.

Sometimes Docs kinda jump to conclusions and there r times when they need to keep there mouths shut. when my hubby had to go to the ER they did an ekg and both the tech and the doc asked him f he had a never stimulator implanted because the ekg showed a spike. when we said no they were both like oh ok. When I asked about it all they would say was oh it is no big deal. 

UUhgg. maybe it isnt to them but know I wonder why his heart is doing strange things

Ugh, don't get me started.  Drs drive me crazy!

I'm squaring along for my May partner :)

I also started another CAL thread for a shawl if anyone would be interested... It's the Persephone Shawl (free on Ravelry)! 

Here's a link if anyone wants to join me there too. I am using lace weight yarn but you can use any you like! It's very versatile! 

Persephone Shawl CAL

Oooowww, that's a pretty one too.  I've been debating about joining the other CAL, but maybe I'll join yours.  I really need to get some projects finished first though. I'll think about it...

shhhh is everybody busy hookin, not much chatter on the old thread today, guess it's silent Tuesday, and here no one told me, lol

Im almost done with what Im sending to my secret partner, but not exactly quite yet, lol might still see something to die for she would love sooo, keeping the envelope open....

Mandy was the one that posted the 4000th post, anddddd she was the first one to mail off her secret partner's goodies, as far as I know anyway, she is sure a go getter!!! Another thing she can cross of that list of 'toodos' as we call it..

Nothing much else, headed to the store here in a bit, just cause Im bored, and need something to inspire me to cook something for supper tonight, lol Might see something great, might come back with a frozen pizza, lol who knows!!!

Ok then, till later!!!        

I'm finally here!  I've been laying low again today.  Trying to work on my partner's things when possible and slipping in work on my nephew's afghan in between.  A frozen pizza sounds good for supper.  Heck, if my hubby didn't have to cook, he'd eat just about anything right about now, lol.  He cooks himself chicken several times a week.  He's going to grow feathers pretty soon! LOL.

I'm lurking. :)

Got back from Slimming World this evening and my total weight loss, since I started 5 weeks ago, is 12.5lbs! I am soooo close to losing my first stone. Next week it will be mine! :D:lol

Been catching up on make some squares and it feels nice. Found a lovely pattern that is probably about to get overused by myself. :lol

Got gifted a fantastic dragon pattern on this months RAOK so I'm going to make that soon too. Nice to be getting my hook working again.

That's fantastic!!!  Woot!

Ooh, would love to know what dragon pattern that is, Skoggy!

Ugh, I need to get moving on my square partner. >_< Things have been crazy busy these past few weeks and I've been falling asleep shortly after the little guy goes to bed - not much time for yarning! (Though... I must confess that I, uh, got myself a present at the Lego store on Sunday. So we miiiiiiiiiight have spent a few nights building "Wegos" together instead of doing anything else....)

Ok, posting this and then going to finish my dinner. And then sleep. Whee.

Now that's better! good to see you all. COngrats Emma, hi grannyannie, kuddles and dragnlady, estee, good news, you are all set, how long will this recovery period be??? Sorry Pineknott, hopes it calms down for you all soon, you're a saint...Viking slow down,take time for you. and kuddles, enjoying the spring!???  

Been working on a shawl CAL. should be done Thursday. i am making the shawl twice. once in WW yarn to make sure I Iron out an wrinkles in the pattern then again in fingering weight thread. 

Ace Hardware is the closest local place for all my yarning needs. Went today and bought me some stitch markers and while walking around came up with a great Idea to make for my secret partner. 

Tonyal I sent you some squares today also I know they are a little late but hey. Better late then never right? lol  

Thursday is my day off I cant wait. Wednesdays are more like Mondays to me. I hate them. I go to work at 10 am till 2 pm then come home and figure out what to do for dinner at 3 I have another client till 4 then home cook shower and get everyone fed and ready for church at 6. another client from 8-9 pm then home till 11pm then off to another client which i am only there for abuot 15 minutes then home.

My Pastor Messaged me about 130 today asked me to make some phone calls for prayer. his daughter is about 4 months pregnant with her first child and they were sitting in the hospital because she was having servere pains. Waiting on a surgeon to come talk to them. it was almost 7 before he got in there. they think she has appendesitis (sp) and are wanting to do surgery tomorrow. If it isnt her appendix then they r gonna explore around to see what it is. So keep her in your prayers. her name is Jessica.

Not that I have "free" time, but for the next 3 days I am at least homework free while Blackboard is down! Woohoo! So I hope to do some more squares for May. Don't you love when the universe works against you? I wasn't able to mail the other day but I did finally get Tonya's squares in the puffy and have it addressed, ready to go out! Progress! And yes definitely better late than never. 

Congrats on the weight loss! Doesn't it feel GREAT!

Also, link for this lovely square you are speaking of??

I'm finally here!  I've been laying low again today.  Trying to work on my partner's things when possible and slipping in work on my nephew's afghan in between.  A frozen pizza sounds good for supper.  Heck, if my hubby didn't have to cook, he'd eat just about anything right about now, lol.  He cooks himself chicken several times a week.  He's going to grow feathers pretty soon! LOL.

Hubby could turn into something worse!

Thursday is my day off I cant wait. Wednesdays are more like Mondays to me. I hate them. I go to work at 10 am till 2 pm then come home and figure out what to do for dinner at 3 I have another client till 4 then home cook shower and get everyone fed and ready for church at 6. another client from 8-9 pm then home till 11pm then off to another client which i am only there for abuot 15 minutes then home.

So keep her in your prayers. her name is Jessica.

Enjoy Thursday!

Prayers going up for Jessica!

Not that I have "free" time, but for the next 3 days I am at least homework free while Blackboard is down! Woohoo! So I hope to do some more squares for May. Don't you love when the universe works against you? I wasn't able to mail the other day but I did finally get Tonya's squares in the puffy and have it addressed, ready to go out! Progress! And yes definitely better late than never. 

Woot!

kuddles

Good morning, this is the warmest of the week before the rain comes tomorrow. Wootie! I'm driving (oh so slowly) to the state office I have to visit now and then and will stop for a cuppa on the way, roll down the winders and turn up the radio! Ahhhhhhh!

My boss is back however by the time I get to the office, he will be gone and doing stuff! Bonus!!!

Well, everyone have a GREAT day!

kuddles

Morning all.   I sooooo wanted to sleep in a little bit today but my puppy had other plans. She heard the kids getting ready for school and had to be nosey. Started whining that she wanted out of the room. Sun is shing today gonna be in the 80's then we get rain till mothers day. So sick of rain. I thought it was april showers.

I have a feeling that today will be the last day for bearable weather...High to be in the low to mid 80s...Doing laundry and packing my bag for the BIG DAY...My anxiety level is about a 5...Want to take my MIO sweet tea and my favorite thermal drinking glass...I have the wheelchair shawl and of course I will take the latest WIP to possibly finish (if I feel up to crocheting)...Hope to pick up an item or two for my "secret pal" today...

Prayers going up for Jessica and all others in need...Have a glorious day!

Archived