Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Happy Birthday Pineknott!  I have an aunt who has a birthday today as well, you sure you aren't her? lol  

anyways, here is my rug.  I just finished it a little bit ago, the ends aren't tucked in yet and I haven't washed it yet, so don't laugh!  It's my first rug, first freehand item I have done and I like it!

post-2747-0-37119500-1367535178_thumb.jpg

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My heart goes out to everyone with migraines.  I suffer with them too, and they're not fun.  I'll get them for days on end, and then none for a few weeks. 

Wow, Mandy, you've already gotten squares!  They're quite beautiful! 

I've got most of mine finished, and will get them in the mail shortly.

I just got in my pajamas and was planning to sit and finish my book, but hubby called and asked me to go to the store for him, so I guess I'm going back out.  Blah!  Lol.  Oh well.

I must say THANK YOU!!!!! to Christel for the SIX squares she sent me! They're beautiful, super soft, and bring my total square count within striking distance of finishing off my ghan! :hug

WOW, that is outstanding, how many more are needed Mandy,  beautiful squares!!

Happy Birthday Pineknott!  I have an aunt who has a birthday today as well, you sure you aren't her? lol  

anyways, here is my rug.  I just finished it a little bit ago, the ends aren't tucked in yet and I haven't washed it yet, so don't laugh!  It's my first rug, first freehand item I have done and I like it!

NIce RUg.. TUrned out super! Love that is is a sunflower too!

I must say THANK YOU!!!!! to Christel for the SIX squares she sent me! They're beautiful, super soft, and bring my total square count within striking distance of finishing off my ghan! :hug

I'm so glad you got the squares and that you like them! I'm sorry it took me so long to get them in the mail to you. We had to wait until hubby got paid to spend money on postage. I forgot to tell you in the note that I included that the pink pieces of yarn are marking the right sides. I thought about removing them before I sent the squares but decided to leave them. Hope you don't mind!

Love it!

Happy Birthday, Pineknott! Snowflake, your rug is really pretty!

WOW, that is outstanding, how many more are needed Mandy,  beautiful squares!!

I only need SEVEN more squares! Whoo hoo!

I'm so glad you got the squares and that you like them! I'm sorry it took me so long to get them in the mail to you. We had to wait until hubby got paid to spend money on postage. I forgot to tell you in the note that I included that the pink pieces of yarn are marking the right sides. I thought about removing them before I sent the squares but decided to leave them. Hope you don't mind!

Thank you SO much for sending them! I kind of figured that's why the pink yarn was on there! I probably didn't flip the squares to the right side for the photo, since I was only home long enough between work and band rehearsal to take the picture and change my clothes!

Thank you, thank you, thank you Katyallen...The squares were absolutely beautiful...What a surprise when I picked up the mail..

Went to my Primary care doc yesterday to get clearance for my May 14 surgery...She asked me when did I have a heart attack....Boy was I shocked as I didn't know I had had one...SHe wouldn't clear me until I go see a cardiologist...Wow, talk about a snafu...Frantically called the cardiologist I had seen a year or so ago, just cause the Primary doctor at the time had all his elderly  patients go for a work up....WHen I went to the cardiologist he said I was OK and he didn't want to see me again....Soooo now I did get an appointment to see him this Monday...Sure hope he clears me...I want this back taken care of so I can live the next 35 years without pain or becoming addicted to hydrocodone...There's nothing worse than an old junkie !!!!

Hi all!  I hope all my fellow migraines are feeling better today.  I just have a bit of a lag to it, but nothing much.  I am however suffering a benedryl hangover!.  I bought these really tasty breakfast type cookies the other day.  They looked fairly nutritional, so I figured I'd give them a try.  What I failed to notice was that in very tiny print "rye flakes" was listed as the 2nd ingredient.  Rye is a big no-no!  I was itching up a storm and luckily hubby was home and realized my throat was closing too.  A good old dose of benedryl helped though.  Good thing because I don't have an epi-pen any more.  LOL, what is it Forrest Gump said, "life is like a box of chocolates..."  that's what my life is like! :lol

Belated Happy Birthday Pineknott!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snowflake, the rug is great!!!

Estee, so scary!  I hope you can work things out so you have the surgery as scheduled.

Mandymae, beautiful squares!!!

Take care everyone.  It's time to get back to work on my partner's square/s! :D

2nd graders are exhausting!!! I feel like I have run a a half-marathon or something. This lady is gonna sleep well tonight!

I posted in the stashbusting thread about my Mother's Day gift - but I forgot to post here. I got A LOT of new square making yarn! For Mother's Day my sweet husband bought a lady's stash of yarn. All different colors - solids and variegated. Blues, black, white, two shades of gray, orange, greens, purples... I'll have to frog some projects she had started that I don't have a pattern for, but that's ok! I'm excited to have some new colors to choose from when I make squares for all my Square Hill friends!!! My family thinks it's funny how excited I get about yarn - but I can't help it!!!

Those are beautiful squares!

I like your rug, you did a great job.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Katyallen...The squares were absolutely beautiful...What a surprise when I picked up the mail..

Went to my Primary care doc yesterday to get clearance for my May 14 surgery...She asked me when did I have a heart attack....Boy was I shocked as I didn't know I had had one...SHe wouldn't clear me until I go see a cardiologist...Wow, talk about a snafu...Frantically called the cardiologist I had seen a year or so ago, just cause the Primary doctor at the time had all his elderly  patients go for a work up....WHen I went to the cardiologist he said I was OK and he didn't want to see me again....Soooo now I did get an appointment to see him this Monday...Sure hope he clears me...I want this back taken care of so I can live the next 35 years without pain or becoming addicted to hydrocodone...There's nothing worse than an old junkie !!!!

I hope all goes well with the doctor on Monday and with the surgery.

Hi all!  I hope all my fellow migraines are feeling better today.  I just have a bit of a lag to it, but nothing much.  I am however suffering a benedryl hangover!.  I bought these really tasty breakfast type cookies the other day.  They looked fairly nutritional, so I figured I'd give them a try.  What I failed to notice was that in very tiny print "rye flakes" was listed as the 2nd ingredient.  Rye is a big no-no!  I was itching up a storm and luckily hubby was home and realized my throat was closing too.  A good old dose of benedryl helped though.  Good thing because I don't have an epi-pen any more.  LOL, what is it Forrest Gump said, "life is like a box of chocolates..."  that's what my life is like! :lol

Belated Happy Birthday Pineknott!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snowflake, the rug is great!!!

Estee, so scary!  I hope you can work things out so you have the surgery as scheduled.

Mandymae, beautiful squares!!!

Take care everyone.  It's time to get back to work on my partner's square/s! :D

That sounds a little scary, glad you're ok now.

2nd graders are exhausting!!! I feel like I have run a a half-marathon or something. This lady is gonna sleep well tonight!

I posted in the stashbusting thread about my Mother's Day gift - but I forgot to post here. I got A LOT of new square making yarn! For Mother's Day my sweet husband bought a lady's stash of yarn. All different colors - solids and variegated. Blues, black, white, two shades of gray, orange, greens, purples... I'll have to frog some projects she had started that I don't have a pattern for, but that's ok! I'm excited to have some new colors to choose from when I make squares for all my Square Hill friends!!! My family thinks it's funny how excited I get about yarn - but I can't help it!!!

New yarn is sooooo much fun!

Oooo good luck and hugs!

that is awesome!

Well, lots of chatter to catch up on, lol. Y our welcome estee, they are the squares I made for you before your first surgery, and held off till you checked back in, but glad they are in their new home now, they aren't Free For All partner squares, I have that puffy not quite ready to pack yet, he he he, glad you got them though!!

And send off Brenda, four squares for her dd comfortghan, they should arrive on monday Brenda, so keep your eyes on your mailbox!

In other news, it's cold here again, gonna rain, or maybe snow sprinkle the next day or two, and I really did put in an urgent email to Mother Nature, along with a copy of a 2013 Calendar, circling the MONTH OF MAY!! Sheesh, hope she gets the hint!!!

Got my bedding in the wash, don't know if Ill put on another set, or the one in the dryer, to forego the folding......What do you guys do, different ones each time, or do you wait for the wash, and put the same ones on now and then, like I do, he he he..

I did manage today to get those couple of things done, even though not feeling up to par, sinus maybe, or a cold coming on...and I did get to Michaels to browse, and just got irritated, as everything I would have bought, didn't seem to be marked with a price tag, nor a sign by it, nothing, so I walked out without buying much at all.....Trip for nothing, and wasn't in the mood to inquire nicely, lol

So, gonna take it easy, just finish up the bed soon, and I dunno, lay in it and watch something I really have no interest in on TV, and with any luck, fall asleep, ha ha....Everyone have a good evening!!

WooHoo!  It's always a good day when you get new yarn!!!

Got my bedding in the wash, don't know if Ill put on another set, or the one in the dryer, to forego the folding......What do you guys do, different ones each time, or do you wait for the wash, and put the same ones on now and then, like I do, he he he..

I did manage today to get those couple of things done, even though not feeling up to par, sinus maybe, or a cold coming on...and I did get to Michaels to browse, and just got irritated, as everything I would have bought, didn't seem to be marked with a price tag, nor a sign by it, nothing, so I walked out without buying much at all.....Trip for nothing, and wasn't in the mood to inquire nicely, lol

So, gonna take it easy, just finish up the bed soon, and I dunno, lay in it and watch something I really have no interest in on TV, and with any luck, fall asleep, ha ha....Everyone have a good evening!!

We usually change the set.  We like the change of scenery, lol.  I sure hope you're feeling better soon.  Could it be allergies?  I know that the pollen count is really high around here right now.

oh before i go, here is a darling idea, you gotta check this out!! It's on ravelry, http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/fake-skein-of-yarn and what a cute idea!!! I want a bunch!!

Oh, I saw those too!  They are sooooooooo cute!

Honex, I don't know where you are located offhand here, but hey, snow, haven't you heard, it's MAY DAY today!!

I am in Colorado

Archived