Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all!  This is going to be short, we keep losing internet connection today, erg! 

Tonya, your ghan is going to be beautiful!

Niqitabug, glad you joined us.  I have 2 squares ready for you now, will try for a couple more.

Skoggy, keeping DH in my prayers and all my fingers & toes are crossed!

Okay, not gonna pushed my luck any further. Have a great day everyone!

I'm just gonna give out a big HI! Good to hear from you all!

I have my May Free for All and know what I'll be doing for the her. Woot!

It is 80 here! Little K is still sick but now it is the coughing phase. I kept hearing her in the nite, poor baby! So neither of us slept good. Tonite, we hope!

Give your loved ones a big HUG today! We are all so blessed!

kuddles

wonderful day. will be at the festival again for a while it is 80 degrees here also. Got so many things going lol. my pastor is having his second grandchild it is a boy so I am gonna make a blue ocean waves baby blanket, I have squares for tonyal to send out making squares for my free for all, a friend wants me to make her a couple dishrags and a guy in a wheelchair asked me to make him a wheelchair bag. Shew.

Hope LIL K gets well soon.

My grand total received in March was 45 squares Katie... Total I have all together from when I started: 67! Just 21 six inch squares shy of finishing! (And it is going to be HUGE!) Tonya, your squares will go out this week. Sorry they will be late but I have them here, just need to get a puffy :):hug

WOW, TIFFANY, that is great, so you still need a few more 6'ers, huh, same color choice?? Some of us are curious,,he he he.

I have mine for tonya,just need to tuck in ends

with things being so hectic here,time is not always on my side

I hear that, I haven't even started my free for all squares yet, but we have almost all month, give or take a week for travel, lol so I have time yet!!

I sent back a reply. Thanks

thanks owlvamp, I corrected it!

I can't wait to get to squaring for my partner!

Hey Jessicali, glad to see your post!! How is baby doing, and are you feeling back to your old self yet???

Hi all!  This is going to be short, we keep losing internet connection today, erg! 

Tonya, your ghan is going to be beautiful!

Niqitabug, glad you joined us.  I have 2 squares ready for you now, will try for a couple more.

Skoggy, keeping DH in my prayers and all my fingers & toes are crossed!

Okay, not gonna pushed my luck any further. Have a great day everyone!

Yep, hate it when that happens, I complained last month, as they were down for like a day, and they credited me for that day, why should we pay for something we're not gettng for like 36 hours, lol

I'm just gonna give out a big HI! Good to hear from you all!

I have my May Free for All and know what I'll be doing for the her. Woot!

It is 80 here! Little K is still sick but now it is the coughing phase. I kept hearing her in the nite, poor baby! So neither of us slept good. Tonite, we hope!

Give your loved ones a big HUG today! We are all so blessed!

kuddles

Get better Little Kiddles!! oops, i meant Kuddles, but Kiddles works for the little one, huh????

wonderful day. will be at the festival again for a while it is 80 degrees here also. Got so many things going lol. my pastor is having his second grandchild it is a boy so I am gonna make a blue ocean waves baby blanket, I have squares for tonyal to send out making squares for my free for all, a friend wants me to make her a couple dishrags and a guy in a wheelchair asked me to make him a wheelchair bag. Shew.

Hope LIL K gets well soon.

wow, you are surely in demand!! Id be interested in your pattern if you found one for the wheel chair bag, crocheted of course!!

Everything running as smooth as ice with the Free for All, tomorrow is start day!! All i can say about that is  ,  

BOUT TIME, LOL       till later friends, take care!!!!!!! Oh, forgot to say, got a pretty good sized bubble envelope at walmart for my secret partner, not bad, i think it was something like 2.59 or close to that, Im gonna try to fill it up!! lol

wow, you are surely in demand!! Id be interested in your pattern if you found one for the wheel chair bag, crocheted of course!!

I will probably free hand it but I will write the pattern down take pictures and Share of course. This being for a guy he wants red and black and I think I am gonna do Stripes or chevron. 

Hello,

Tonyal, the squares are beautiful.

Welcome Niqitabug, I just pulled out my purple yarn to start some squares for you. I'll PM you when I'm ready to mail them.

It's been raining here most of the day.

Have a great evening!

Yes, a few more 6 inch squares in the black, gray, white & pink combinations are needed! :) 

WOW, TIFFANY, that is great, so you still need a few more 6'ers, huh, same color choice?? Some of us are curious,,he he he.

Wow!  I'm pretty good at keeping up, but from the morning's posts to now, I was surprised that I had missed so much!  Hi!!  I'm home early from work.  I had a very happy surprise when going to Porto's in Glendale (a Cuban baker/deli) and ran into a cousin-in-law and an aunt!  My aunt is stage 4 and undergoing chemo.  I don't get to see her that often as she's about 45 minutes away, but what do you know, we ran into each other far from our homes.  The court reporting agency is two blocks away; so I had decided to have lunch there.  God works in mysterious ways.  I love it!

Since I'm all caught up with work, today is a crochet-only day.  It's shaped up to be a great day today  :yarn

Good evening! Little K (yes Katie we can call her Kiddles, I love that!) and I took a 1.5 mile walk at the jr college down the road, where they have a path around the place. 85 degrees! I'm still trying to cool off but boy was it nice! Little K is a titch better today, not quite as much coughing so thanks for all your good thoughts, it's helping!

Tonite I plan on starting something for my May partner, and it is NOT a square! hee hee

Well, better get moving. It's past her getting-ready-for-bed-time but I'm allowing it! So nice out and all the windows are open!

Hugs!

kuddles

Yep my kids get to be out past cerfew this week. Bed time is ten but letting them stay out till the festival shuts down. we are only a block away from it. I can sit in my living room and listen to all the kids screaming on the rides

here are the ones I have rec'd so far. than you everyone that sent them I am almost ready to start putting it together. I love each and every one

Beautiful squares, Tonya! I just got mine in the mail to you today. Sorry they are so late. I hope you like them. :)

mine is all correct woo hoo thank you

niqitabug ~ I'll try to get at least two squares to you in May. Thank you for letting us know about this need and allowing us to have a part in blessing your daughter with a precious gift. I'll PM you for your address.

Let the FREE FOR ALL begin! I can't wait to get started on squares for my partner. : )

:snow

Predicting 5-10 inches of white stuff.  

It's my fault.  I shaved my legs..... :ohdear

:rofl   I laughed out so loud that my niece screamed!  :lol

She's asking me, "What's so funny?"  Coming from a three year old, it just made me laugh more :lol

Welcome to our new member. Skoggy I hope mr Skoggy gets the job!

Great squares Tonyal!

I have been checking out patterns for my free for all partner, I am starting on them tomorrow after work. Can't wait to get started!

First things first, ready set gooooooooooooooo for the free for all!!! :yay  :yes  :hug (don't wanna say that out loud, my maxie cat will be looking for something to fetch,yep,he fetchs..sigh.....ready set gooo maxie! )

Second order of biz, tonyal, if you would,please send said biggest square crown in for a cleaning and reconditioning, as we might not get another month where the crown is not in use!!!Just have them put  it on Yarn Hill's tab!!  lol    Thanks for being our biggest square, and for being so quick to report how many!! 26 is pretty good, i think!!

:snow

Predicting 5-10 inches of white stuff.  

It's my fault.  I shaved my legs..... :ohdear

HOnex, I don't know where you are located offhand here, but hey, snow, haven't you heard, it's MAY DAY today!!

Sorry I thought I had posted I think there were 26 squares.
Since I am edging them you don't have to tuck ends I actually don't mind doing it.

I call that time, my zen time. lol

Welcome to our new member. Skoggy I hope mr Skoggy gets the job!
Great squares Tonyal!
I have been checking out patterns for my free for all partner, I am starting on them tomorrow after work. Can't wait to get started!

Hi paula, me either, gotta get crackin!! Hows the job going??

85 and sunny today! I took a vacation day while Little Kiddles is in school! I have SO much to get done so I better get to it!

Woot!

kuddles

wowzers, must be wonderful for you to have a day all to yourself!! I mean we all love our kids, but it's nice once in a while to be I dunno, on vacation even for a day, you know. lol I always got a lot done on those days Jen was in school,and I was off for one reason or another!

May 1st, wow where did april go!!!   :think  

We have Free For All month this month, and will spoil our secret partners, but that does not mean that you can't also send to whomever you normally do anyway, the more the merrier, right!! and hopefully, we will be able to help Brenda (Niqitabug) build that ghan this month as well..(just pm her for her addy if you can help, ) 

Just means that  many more ghans get done!!

Can't wait to see Tonyal's when she gets them all put together! I thought I saw a couple of mine, but honestly, I make so many some months, that I probably wouldn't recognize them anyway once outta sight, outta mind.Course Im outta mind most often anyways, just saying!!!!!!!! lol   :yay

Have a merry May Day all, and take care!! :manyheart

Hey all!  Late checking in, but they let me go home today and I don't have to be back until Monday.   I am going to have a better day now, hated being at work when you really have nothing to do there, it is beautiful outside and it's your birthday!  Yes!  I am 29 again today!!! LOL!!!!  Guess since I am home, I will do some cleaning and organizing, and crochet some more!!!  Gotta finish my rug, as it is almost done, and work on my squares for my "secret" square!!! LOLOL!!!  

Have a great day all!!!

Second order of biz, tonyal, if you would,please send said biggest square crown in for a cleaning and reconditioning, as we might not get another month where the crown is not in use!!!Just have them put  it on Yarn Hill's tab!!  lol    Thanks for being our biggest square, and for being so quick to report how many!! 26 is pretty good, i think!!

Tonya has some more squares coming so 26 probably isn't the final count. I know mine will be there tomorrow or Friday and I think I saw a couple others who said they had sent their puffies this week as well. At least 26 squares ~ that's wonderful! I can't wait to see the finished afghan. :)

Hello Everyone!

Nothing exciting going on here, I just wanted to say hello.

It's still raining here, but the weather people said that they haven't determined if this is the start of our rainy season :shrug

Grandkids just arrived, talk to you all later.

Woot! Got TONS done today PLUS two, yes two walks!

Excited for May Free for All!

85 here right now, sun out all day! Ahhhhhhhhh.........

Well take care all!

kuddles

Hi Everyone!  My day started out with another migraine, but luckily the meds worked quickly and hubby & I had our 1st "date" in ages!  We just went to this little bakery/breakfast place that we've been wanting to try for over a year now.  It was wonderful!  I was even able to eat a couple of bites of this delicious apple cinnamon roll.  Yummo!  The coffee was terrific too.  Everything is fresh, local ingredients and it was super clean!  Sorry for going on and on.  Can you tell I don't get out much, lol.  Then we went to Walmart and I wanted to get a 12" pillow form to finish my pillow that I've been working on.  Did they have any?  NO!  All they had were 18" and they were in the clearance section. UGH!  Oh well, I can't let it get me down because today is May 1st!!!!!!!!!!!!  :yay   Time to really get going on my Free For All partner's "square" ;)

Skoggy, any news about the job for Mr Skoggy?

Honex99, ummm, enough with the snow already! :lol

Take care everyone!

Archived