Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Everyone and thank you so much for making me your "Square Queen" for the month. Just love the title, lol. I want to say thank you and I really do appreciate the squares. I do love receiving squares from my friends at the ville. I think each square is so unique and I am going to treasure the afghan I will make with them, as it will truly be a friendship ghan.

AngelRoseLite , i got the squares you sent :) Thank you so much. They are so very pretty !! :hug

Oh and I love the card, its beautiful. Reminds me of victorian era pictures

Almost a month to get there! I'm glad they made their way finally. You are very welcome :)

Good morning. I cannot believe its december and its a nice warm 63 at 8am. But im not complaining bc i have to get in the top o the shed later and re-organize some stuff.

Have a great day and ill see you all later :hug

:c9 Another beautiful day here in AZ!! We're going be in the high 70s...this will be my very first flip-flop Christmas! :D It has always been cold and wet with either snow or rain.

What is everyone working on??

Hi! What am I working on? Well I have 4 fingerless mitts to make for a coworker for Christmas gifts but mainly I'm excited to find a local charity that helps babies! I already gave them about 20 baby dresses/sweater and some sewn bags to be used as diaper bags! Next up, a bunch of cocoons for the little ones!

Later!

kuddles

I'm on my second day of hanging out on the sofa with a nasty cold. But on a positive note I've gotten a lot done on the afghan I've been working on, I might actually have it done for Christmas.

oh my such busy productive people! Well, I took my monthly donation to the drop truck that comes on the first sat of every month, bout a mile from me, if that...Full of hats, and scarves and such. Then I got to work on some little table pass outs for the brunch bunch later this month, making chapsitck holders to snap on your purse or key chain, Ill picture those soon, they came out so darn cute I am having trouble picking the ones I want to KEEP, lol Then might make some mini stockings to put those in with a candy cane, and that should about do it.....

I did however experiement with fingerless gloves........I read through a few patterns, got the general gist of it, and starting chaining! I ended up with a cute and very nice fitting pair of ILTY in green, and started another pair, in gold fleck! I have one done, thinking, well hoping, I can do another that matches, lol......Putting something down in a pair, never works well for me, lol I should know to do them both at the same time, but we'll see, fairly simple idea, I think Ill be ok!

Today have sorted/cleaned out the cupboard under my kit. sink, and threw away old used up stuff, and rags that had seen better days, and sponges I kept for the floor if needed, they too have seen better days. Then got to the towel cupboard, and pulled out all the Christmas towels i keep in the back, rinsing them through a wash as we speak, and straightened out the rest of the shelves....

So, now, Im sittig with a diet coke, and a choc. chip cookie, great combo, huh!!

I did get that hat and cowl mailed off that I sold, so thats good, and something else, oh I guess I haven't done that yet, lol but I pledged her two, so I will do up a couple 8 inchers for Pat today,(whom by the way, looks lovely in that crown! The saphires espeicially!!) and hopefully mail that out soon as well!

So keeping busy, cause busy minds and busy hands are good for what ails ya! Till later!

I'm on my second day of hanging out on the sofa with a nasty cold. But on a positive note I've gotten a lot done on the afghan I've been working on, I might actually have it done for Christmas.

Hope you feel better soon :hug

Hi Ladies, I just finished a hat and scarf, I tried a new design for the scarf and liked the way it came out. My niece is expecting a baby girl and I have to have the afghan done by Jan 5th for the shower and it's definitely going to keep me busy, since I crochet a lot slower than I use to. Anyway I looking for just the right pattern, since this baby is the first in the family, first grandchild, great grandchild and all the rest so it has to be special.

Thank you again for making me your queen and yes the I do look pretty nice in that beautiful crown with it's lovely sapphires.:)

:hug not fun, feel better soon!!

Hi! What am I working on? Well I have 4 fingerless mitts to make for a coworker for Christmas gifts but mainly I'm excited to find a local charity that helps babies! I already gave them about 20 baby dresses/sweater and some sewn bags to be used as diaper bags! Next up, a bunch of cocoons for the little ones!

Later!

kuddles

Very nice! I found a local crochet/charity group which I am excited to meet up with after the first of the year. Are cocoons really useful? I seen very interesting themed ones on Raverly and wonder if they'd be used very much.

oh my such busy productive people! Well, I took my monthly donation to the drop truck that comes on the first sat of every month, bout a mile from me, if that...Full of hats, and scarves and such. Then I got to work on some little table pass outs for the brunch bunch later this month, making chapsitck holders to snap on your purse or key chain, Ill picture those soon, they came out so darn cute I am having trouble picking the ones I want to KEEP, lol Then might make some mini stockings to put those in with a candy cane, and that should about do it.....

I did however experiement with fingerless gloves........I read through a few patterns, got the general gist of it, and starting chaining! I ended up with a cute and very nice fitting pair of ILTY in green, and started another pair, in gold fleck! I have one done, thinking, well hoping, I can do another that matches, lol......Putting something down in a pair, never works well for me, lol I should know to do them both at the same time, but we'll see, fairly simple idea, I think Ill be ok!

Today have sorted/cleaned out the cupboard under my kit. sink, and threw away old used up stuff, and rags that had seen better days, and sponges I kept for the floor if needed, they too have seen better days. Then got to the towel cupboard, and pulled out all the Christmas towels i keep in the back, rinsing them through a wash as we speak, and straightened out the rest of the shelves....

So, now, Im sittig with a diet coke, and a choc. chip cookie, great combo, huh!!

I did get that hat and cowl mailed off that I sold, so thats good, and something else, oh I guess I haven't done that yet, lol but I pledged her two, so I will do up a couple 8 inchers for Pat today,(whom by the way, looks lovely in that crown! The saphires espeicially!!) and hopefully mail that out soon as well!

So keeping busy, cause busy minds and busy hands are good for what ails ya! Till later!

Lordy what a uber-busy gal!! I'm tired just by reading your post....

Hi Ladies, I just finished a hat and scarf, I tried a new design for the scarf and liked the way it came out. My niece is expecting a baby girl and I have to have the afghan done by Jan 5th for the shower and it's definitely going to keep me busy, since I crochet a lot slower than I use to. Anyway I looking for just the right pattern, since this baby is the first in the family, first grandchild, great grandchild and all the rest so it has to be special.

Thank you again for making me your queen and yes the I do look pretty nice in that beautiful crown with it's lovely sapphires.:)

:c9 first grandchild!

I've got a few things working, my shelves will be here this week from Washington....dh mentioned as I was rummaging through boxes of my precious stuff that I need to get clear boxes so I can see all my treasures..... what an angel!!! LOL!

cshort I hope you feel better soon! Not fun having a cold.

Smith, thank you so much for the beautiful squares I received yesterday! I love them!! :)

Everyone seems pretty busy, but then it's December. I'm working on 2 afghans, 5 hats, a panda, Herp Derp, a cow, 2 pillow pets, 3 fridgies, and a pouch for my mom's new Kindle that she's getting for Christmas. Both of the afghans are half finished, but there's no way I'm going to finish one of them, so it will have to go to the end of the pile, and be late. Plus, I still have to decorate for Christmas. I wish crocheting could be my full time job :)

Good MOrning !!!!

Guess what?!?!? Ive lost 4 pounds already since friday :woo ( I had been at a steady 180 for almost 2 years) Im so excited !

Im working on christmas stockings for my kids to give as gifts to my grandparents, my dad, my mom and my aunts and uncles

hope you all have a great day :hug

Wow! Everyone chiming in, catching us up, how great!

Susan, there are tons of cocoon patterns out there so I *assume* they are useful! Guess I will find out! LOL

Hope we all feel better, avoid the germs, make tons of stuff and just generally have a GREAT day!

kuddles

Kim.....WOW you are busy!! What's a Herp Derp?

Imma....Great job!!! I love falling off those plateaus! I just started my journey of 52 pounds yesterday (blah!)

Good Morning Kuddles!!!

Off to work.....have a great day!!

Smith...I gotta thank you for the two lovely squares which I retrieved from the mail box yesterday...I must say that you have been a busy bee...Hope this season doesn't get you overwhelmed...

Anywhooo...all's quiet on the western front of Florida...If the weather persists we should have a warm Christmas..I expect a call from youngest daughter for assistance in putting up her tree...I no longer put up a tree...just decorate my mantle with holiday themed items...and of course burn good smelling candles/inscense and listen to the seasons best carols and music...I love Josh Groban...(((HUGS))) to all...ST

I've been eaves dropping on some conversations... (Not polite, I know. LOL)

Susan and kuddles - I'm not sure of the usefulness of cocoons, but they sure are cute! I've been thinking about making some but have other projects that need to get finished first.

Imma ~ Congrats on getting over that plateau! It gives me hope - as I sit here eating my bowl of oatmeal. blah! I'd much rather have a cinnamon roll!

Kim ~ I'm also wondering what a Herp Derp is. It sounds interesting.

Estee ~ Josh Groban has such an amazing voice. I could listen to him sing (in English, Italian, Spanish, or Klingon for that matter) all day long. Talk about heaven. He must be what the angels sound like.

Today I'm working on the ripple ghan that I have started for my niece's graduation gift. I'm also going to try to get some squares finished for dimples and pat54. Monday is the only day of the week that I can crochet as much as I want and not feel guilty about it. The other days are so full of other responsibilities. (I'm finishing up my Master's degree in Education.)

I hope everyone has a fantastic Monday! Happy Crocheting! :)

a quick pop in to say hello

my thoughts are kind of scattered today,son in law is having a feeding tube inserted today,with his myotonic dystropy,his thoat muscles are effected,and food and drink were going into his lung,think a good thought,thanks

everything went well,and they are on their way home

Hi all, how we all doing today?

Have a bit of a busy day today, but once in a while, I guess that's inevitable huh!

Hope all Pat's squares are being thought of or worked on, lol I did get them done, but not mailed, bad me, will do that tomorrow Pat.:D

That sounds yummy. I'll have to give it a try. Anything to give the same ol' same ol' a twist without having to spend tons of money on extra ingredients.

I like to dress up my oatmeal with cinnamon, honey and apple pie spice :) its almost like eating an apple strussel cake (if u close your eyes and have a good immagination) LOL

I really like your fingerless glove. I have been thinking about trying to make some.

a quick pop in to say hello

my thoughts are kind of scattered today,son in law is having a feeding tube inserted today,with his myotonic dystropy,his thoat muscles are effected,and food and drink were going into his lung,think a good thought,thanks

everything went well,and they are on their way home

Glad to hear the procedure went well. :hug

totally way late belated and I just unearthed the note from the package with the lovely teal edged square with a heart made out of puff stitches from Sabrina/Bubbe!!

Ya know how things get lost in the craft room? yup thatswhat happened.

Thanks so much Sabrina!

Hugs, laurel

Archived