AngelRoseLite

Dahlia - Crocodile Stitch Afghan Block

I'm not normally one for granny squares, but our crafting group, Stitch 'n Chicks, started a Round Robin (RR) this past Thursday. I'm new to the concept. I didn't want a scarf or any type of blanket. A genius here on Crochetville suggested a project tote bag composed of granny squares. That way, I'll have a bag which we all made that I can carry to all our meetings. This is the beginning of my RR, a granny square I found on Ravelry. It was designed by Joyce Lewis. Well, now I want to make more! lol. Thanks for looking :)

**12/10/12: Well, the bag is finally complete. It's lined and now holding multiple projects. I posted it under Show-and-Tell, Bags and Purses. Here is the link. I love my new project bag!

post-44469-135897757514_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

This is a very pretty square will make a nice afghan.

Now that is sooooo pretty!

Very pretty!

That is cute!

Beautiful square!

Very pretty.

Pretty! And the other colors make that pink just pop, love the choices.

Ooooh! Love this one. I came across a similar pattern recently, but not ready to go for one quite so tricky yet. :) I'll post a photo if I ever make a square like this one.

Thanks, everyone!

@MrsMcKee, it really isn't difficult to follow. If you get stuck, feel free to PM me.

AngelRoseLite -- did you complete the project bag that you started to describe w/ this pretty square?

Would love to see it!

I'm not a big fan of granny, either, but some of the designs could sell me!:hook

Hi, KimberHM! No, I haven't completed it. This Round Robin will be making the rounds for another couple of months, I think. Once I get it back, I'll put it together and unveil it. Thanks for asking. :D

an awesome square! :heart your colors

AngelRoseLite -- did you complete the project bag that you started to describe w/ this pretty square?

Would love to see it!

I'm not a big fan of granny, either, but some of the designs could sell me!:hook

It's finished! I still need to line it, but that will have to wait. I love it. It's very, very big. I'm posting a picture here, but I'm also going to post it in show and tell.

post-44469-135897784618_thumb.jpg

So beautiful! A creative use of one of my favorite stitches (the crocodile stitch). :)

Hi! I'm glad you like it :) The picture of the bag is above, and the dahlia square is in the middle. It is now lined. All the pictures -- front, back, and lining -- are in the show-and-tell bag category: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=2513652&postcount=1

As soon as I finish some projects, I am going to make another bag but with smaller squares. I want all the squares to be the dahlia flower. I haven't decided if they'll all be the same color or different colors.

Have a wonderful week :)

Wow! Hope you post pictures of the finished project.