Dahlia - Crocodile Stitch Afghan Block

I'm not normally one for granny squares, but our crafting group, Stitch 'n Chicks, started a Round Robin (RR) this past Thursday. I'm new to the concept. I didn't want a scarf or any type of blanket. A genius here on Crochetville suggested a project tote bag composed of granny squares. That way, I'll have a bag which we all made that I can carry to all our meetings. This is the beginning of my RR, a granny square I found on Ravelry. It was designed by Joyce Lewis. Well, now I want to make more! lol. Thanks for looking :)

**12/10/12: Well, the bag is finally complete. It's lined and now holding multiple projects. I posted it under Show-and-Tell, Bags and Purses. Here is the link. I love my new project bag!

post-44469-135897757514_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ooooh! Love this one. I came across a similar pattern recently, but not ready to go for one quite so tricky yet. :) I'll post a photo if I ever make a square like this one.

• 2 weeks later...

AngelRoseLite -- did you complete the project bag that you started to describe w/ this pretty square?

Would love to see it!

I'm not a big fan of granny, either, but some of the designs could sell me!:hook

Hi, KimberHM! No, I haven't completed it. This Round Robin will be making the rounds for another couple of months, I think. Once I get it back, I'll put it together and unveil it. Thanks for asking. :D

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
AngelRoseLite -- did you complete the project bag that you started to describe w/ this pretty square?

Would love to see it!

I'm not a big fan of granny, either, but some of the designs could sell me!:hook

It's finished! I still need to line it, but that will have to wait. I love it. It's very, very big. I'm posting a picture here, but I'm also going to post it in show and tell.

post-44469-135897784618_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
So beautiful! A creative use of one of my favorite stitches (the crocodile stitch). :)

Hi! I'm glad you like it :) The picture of the bag is above, and the dahlia square is in the middle. It is now lined. All the pictures -- front, back, and lining -- are in the show-and-tell bag category: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=2513652&postcount=1

As soon as I finish some projects, I am going to make another bag but with smaller squares. I want all the squares to be the dahlia flower. I haven't decided if they'll all be the same color or different colors.

Have a wonderful week :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived