Alisha's starter kit

Grand daughter in AR, starting to crochet, already knows how to knit.

I thought I would send her a starter set, so she didn't have to borrow her mom's. Made with left over worsted from other projects, and once I know she is serious I will make her a prettier set. For now this will work fine.

A latching hook case with 4 hooks, F,G, H and I. A plastic yarn needle, tape measure, 2 stitch markers and one stitch holder, a zippered pouch and a drawstring tote to hold yarn that I will also send. And the book Easy as 123 Crochet - so she can progress with more experience. She is also starting college soon so she may put the crochet aside for awhile til she gets more comfortable with her classes. :hook

post-14620-135897757454_thumb.jpg

post-14620-135897757458_thumb.jpg

Oh how cool! I'm no beginner but I think that is a really cool idea! She will LOVE it!

That is kit really cool!!! :manyheart

I am not a beginner anymore, and would love something like this! (showing this to hubby--mother's day is comiming up! ) :D

I see I need to add some stitch markers, tape measure, and a stitch holder to my kit! :D

That is kit really cool!!! :manyheart

I am not a beginner anymore, and would love something like this! (showing this to hubby--mother's day is comiming up! ) :D

I see I need to add some stitch markers, tape measure, and a stitch holder to my kit! :D

I often use safety pins for markers, I like the colored ones, and if it is something I am going to put aside for awhile, I slide a numbered or lettered bead on it to help remember the size hook that was used (no bead, then use the pin to attach a small paper with info written on it). A 6 to 12 inch ruler is good for measuring gauge, I only use tape measure for larger products (like clothes or ghans Stitch holder is good for cabling, and I use the bigger ones to hold small squares or flowers together until I am ready to join them. I didn't include the pins or small ruler cause I know she has that stuff already.

The best tools, besides the hooks and case, that I have used in almost everything I make, is the metal board with 2 sliding magnets I use to keep my place on patterns, and a full page magnifier sheet to read all those small print words without having to pick the book/pattern up all the time.:hook

Anyone who doesn't have one of those boards (especially good for graphs) is missing out on something great in MHO.

WOW! That is a great gift! Just seeing the hook holder and draw string tote that you crocheted is an inspiration to learn! Alisha is so lucky to have you for a grandmother!

Archived