Help with Winnie the Pooh afghan pattern

lakota85usa

Question

My mother wants to make this winnie-the-pooh afghan. However, she is wondering if the pattern is missing something or whether or not she is reading it wrong.

http://www.angelfire.com/ky/sammy1/

She counted the spaces (+ 1 ) and it is 64. She chained 64 but it only measures about 18 “. There is no way that the final measurements will be 41” X 60”. She is using a G hook, Red Heart Super Saver yarn. Not the thin yarn, I’m a threadie so am not familiar with yarn sizes. Have tried larger hooks as well. It says to count the spaces and follow the chart. Is she reading it wrong?

Has anyone made this afghan?

Thank you for any help.

Pam

5 answers to this question

Have tried larger hooks as well. It says to count the spaces and follow the chart. Is she reading it wrong?

Has anyone made this afghan?Thank you for any help. Pam

Just a thought don't you need 3 ch for each sp ?

From pattern's directions- ""To add to the length of the afghan, increase the number of sc rows before and after you begin the Pooh pattern. To add to the width of the afghan, increase the number of ch st to the desired width and then add an equal number of sc to each side of the Pooh pattern. ""

She'll have to add enough chains to make it the size she wants. She should probably work several rows of background color, too before beginning Winnie, just to keep him "centered"'. Working a gauge swatch will give her an idea of how many chains and rows she need to add on before starting the graph pattern.

If you poke around on here, you find lots of graphghans, their pics and tips may help you out.

That's for filet. This is graph crochet where each box is 1 stitch.

Oh yea that's right I never tried that. Then the chart does seem small for the afghan size.

Edited to say Thanks I think I figured that out now though.

Archived