wool blend yarn

sparkle814

Hi all - I've been commissioned by a friend to make a blanket, and they requested wool in different shades of pinks and purples, but gave me a little creative license. I'd like to add in a few other colors, and I think rather than wool because it's so expensive and can be itchy, I'd rather use a wool blend.

I was hoping for a recommendation - Lion Brand Wool Ease doesn't have a very good color selection and would be fairly expensive to make this large project. Is anyone aware of a wool blend yarn with a good color selection? If I can't find one I will just tell them the heck with it, you're getting 100% acrylic, lol. But would like to make an effort to find a wool blend first.

Any recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks!

Here is Knit Picks pages for wool & wool blend yarns.

Here is Plymouth Encore blend yarn.

Here are the results of my google search for wool acrylic blend yarns...maybe you can find something there.

I think you will find making an afghan out of a wool blend will be pretty expensive....

I'd like to add in a few other colors, and I think rather than wool because it's so expensive and can be itchy, I'd rather use a wool blend.

Thanks!

Not all wool is itchy, nowadays they can be very soft. However like all naturals, it can get expensive, whether all wool or a blend.

Alpaca and others are very soft, but big money. ;)

Archived