Chain Link June 2012 Manchester: Who's Attending?

The CGOA Chain Link conference in Mancheester, NH begins with Professional Development Day on Wednesday, June 27 followed by 4 days of crochet (and knitting) classes and 3 days of fabulous shopping opportunities on the show floor.

Donna and I will both be arriving on Tuesday, June 26. If anybody else is attending, please post here.

Crochetville Vendor Booth

This year, Crochetville will have a vendor booth on the show floor in conjunction with Red Heart. We will be selling a number of Red Heart yarns, primarily the new Boutique line, crochet hooks and accessories, crochet-themed jewelry, books, and patterns. We hope to have a number of book signings by some of your favorite crochet designers.

If there's something in particular you'd like to see in our booth, please let us know.

If you'd like to volunteer to help out in the booth, let us know. It's a great way to meet a lot of people and talk crochet!

Conference Classes

If you're attending, what classes are you taking? Let us know here. Maybe you'll find there will be a Crochetville friend in class with you.

I'll be attending Professional Development Day, but I won't be taking any actual crochet classes since I'll be staffing the booth all the time the show floor is open.

Roommate Finder

If you'd like to have a roommate to help cut down on the expense of attending the conference, please post here. Be sure to include any special needs, such as:

• Do you go to bed early or late?
  • Do you smoke? (Even though the hotel rooms are non-smoking, some people's allergies could be affected by rooming with a smoker.)
  • Do you have pets at home? (I have 5 cats, and I know I bring some amount of cat hair with me whenever I travel. I'd hate this to bother someone with severe cat allergies.)
  • Do you like to bring friends back to the hotel room for big chat sessions?
  • Do you have any allergies? (perfume, hair products, lotions, etc.)
  • Do you snore? Does someone else's snoring bother you?
  • Are you a heavy or light sleeper?
  • Do you like to have the TV on all the time?
  • When will you arrive? When will you check out?

The more information you can give to a prospective roommate, the better chance you'll be able to find a good match.

I am coming on Thursday afternoon and taking classes on Friday and Saturday. I'm taking Vashti Braha's class on Friday AM, and then taking color crochet, foundation stitches, and linked stitches. I'm very excited and a newbie to these things. I'm really not looking for a roommate, because I have been sharing too much space at home lately, and want a break etc. I want to meet lots of new people, and try lots of new things. This is so exciting for me. I will be there til Sunday am.

I just made a sweater from the Red HEart Boutique collection in the Starry Night colorway, and it turned out so great. It was sort of an afterthought sweater, and I bought the yarn for something else, but didn't like the swatch. Tried the sweater pattern and voila! Here's the front of the sweater, because you can see how great the colors turned out in the self striping thing. The pattern is the popular cardigan from Ravelry by Milobo.

Can't wait to see everyone in New Hampshire.

post-50814-13589775686_thumb.jpg

My husband and I are making the 2.5 hour drive from Connecticut to Manchester, NH Thursday morning, then leave Saturday evening.

The classes I'm taking are KNOOKING Thursday afternoon, THE ELMORE METHOD Friday afternoon and TUNISIAN RIPPLE Saturday afternoon.

I've done this conference once before and it's great! :hook

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be there! Arriving Tuesday evening.

PDD, Master's Program Meet & Greet, Slip Stitch, Intro & Advanced with Vashti, Shopping Preview, Dance Party, Tunisian Lace with Vashti, Membership Meeting, Chapter Coffee

and Tunisian Ripples with Darla Fanton.

I like to hang out in the lobby or lounge and chat. Love to meet other crocheters.

• 4 weeks later...

I will be there too. Looking forward to a good time with everyone. I will arrive late Tuesday so I will be there for the Development day on Wednesday. Of course I will be at the banquet and should be in the fashion show. I will also be doing a couple shifts at the winding table. I have only one class scheduled so I will have lots of time to crochet, chat and shop. What fun..............

I will be arriving Tuesday so I can be at professional development day on Wednesday. Class on Thursday AM with Lily Chin. Banquet on Saturday. Lots of hookups throughout. I may no longer be editor of CW, but I'm still one mean hooker!

I will be arriving Tuesday so I can be at professional development day on Wednesday. Class on Thursday AM with Lily Chin. Banquet on Saturday. Lots of hookups throughout. I may no longer be editor of CW, but I'm still one mean hooker!

Michele, please stop by the Crochetville/Red Heart booth and say hello! I may not get a chance to see you otherwise, unless we get a couple minutes at one of the CGOA events scheduled for the evenings.

So glad to know you'll be there!

Archived