Crocheters (& knitters!) unite!

Avon Lady

Two weeks ago, our local Walmart succumbed to the pressure, from who knows what or whom, to cut their yarn department! Ours went down to 1/4 of the original size!!! We have already signed 2 petitions, and I've sent an email to Walmart's main office, asking them to reconsider! They restored the fabric department last year, which had been removed completely,, probably because of customers complaints. So, I'm thinking--if everyone at Crochetville would get petitions signed and send them in, or take them personally to the managers of their Walmarts, that maybe, just maybe, they might bring our yarn, our life blood, back!

Thanks for listening.

Ugh! Do they ever stop with this! We just got our fabric back too, and not nearly as much as we used to have before it had been cut out.

Our yarn is down to 1 side of 1 aisle now. That's for all the yarns in every brand they are currently carrying.

Our walmart cut the yarn down to one endcap of RH supersaver a while back when they did a remodel. Got a big surprise last week when they brought back one side of an aisle. At least I got to have a ready source of cotton and baby yarn again. Not many colors but I can be happy with white or ecru....If I need a special color I'll have to go online...

our yarn was never more than one side of an aisle and now it's up to 1 1/4. They did a remodel, brought back the fabric. I don't like walmart but want to support their sale of yarn. At least they have some stuff other stores don't locally in yarn

Archived