Yard sale find

jsreichard

Question

My friend bought a blanket at a yard sale the other day. It said brand new $2.00. She LOVES the pattern. I looked online and couldn't find a pattern just like it. i was wondering if any of you great ladies could direct me to the pattern, or a name for this pattern. Thank you so much!!!

th_PICT0037.jpg

th_PICT0036-1.jpg

th_PICT0035.jpg

th_PICT0034-1.jpg

th_PICT0032.jpg

8 answers to this question

It looks like the orientation of your pics is upside down from how they are made. They appear to be a variation on a shell pattern, instead of the 'usual' shells more commonly made in the valleys of the prior row these are made one on top of the other, with a dc instead of a sc in between.

those pics are teeny tiny thumbnails. It's actually kinda hard to make out the pattern.

From what I can make of it it looks like squares of shells and dcs. I know I've seen something similar - I'll try to remember where.

It wouldn't be hard to reverse engineer that patter. Count out the stitches and make a diagram. It seems pretty straight forward.

Very, very close, thank you Lucyf. Elvee, I think that is what I am going to do. My friend isn't good at winging it, she needs a pattern to follow so that is why I was looking for one. I think I will figure it out and write the pattern out for her. Thank you for the help.

Archived