Red Heart Relaxed Cardi Crochet-Along CAL

Amy

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am determined to get the rectangle done today! I swear...I have been soo busy with grandkids since school got out, I have hardly crocheted at all! Wish me luck

I am determined to get the rectangle done today! I swear...I have been soo busy with grandkids since school got out, I have hardly crocheted at all! Wish me luck

Sending Prayers your way :hug

I'm working on the shell portion but I admit that I didn't look at the pattern :blush

I know what it should look like so I am going with that.

Didn't look at the pattern? Oi....I would be lost ithout a pattern! Well, finished th rectangle and no grandkids today, so...onward and upward! :)

DONE. I am apparently going to a city wide yard sale with DH in the morning. But I will try to take a pic and post it tomorrow. Have a good night

I think it turned out well. How is everyone else doing? Well I hope my sister likes it, need to send it to Georgia now. My granddaughter thought a pin on it would look nice, it will be my sisters 50th bday present and she wants to send the pin and matching earings with.

post-19337-135897768831_thumb.jpg

I think it turned out well. How is everyone else doing? Well I hope my sister likes it, need to send it to Georgia now. My granddaughter thought a pin on it would look nice, it will be my sisters 50th bday present and she wants to send the pin and matching earings with.

Very nice work:manyheart. Love that colour.

I got stuck because my yarn is tooooooooo warm in a heat wave. It's driving me crazy but I'll git 'er done soon.

Thanks Denise, I have actually thought of making more now. I kind of want one and. I have three grandaughters wanting one. Might be their Christmas gifts :)

Darski, my sister actually picked the yarn, totally get you about yarn being to hot. My other project right now is a graph ghan.

I'm going to visit some a/c today... no I mean to visit Grace today :rofl I'm going to take my Cardi with me. Since I only have shell edgings to do I might get finished today. :cheer

But I wouldn't be betting the rent money on that :wlol

As to making more... I might be tempted next winter :wbrr

I just have to figure out how to modify for a six yr old.!

Look forward to seeing yours Darski.

Making handles for my cast iron pans today, old ones are getting thin spots and were store bought

I just have to figure out how to modify for a six yr old.!

Look forward to seeing yours Darski.

Making handles for my cast iron pans today, old ones are getting thin spots and were store bought

Yes she deserves the pin and earings too, she's getting OLD! lol, Christi and her sister are friends of mine. My sister turned fifty just recently too. I guess we are the younguns. Even though we are the grandmas. Love you! Sweater is beautiful. What was the weight of the yarn, worsted?

Estee~~thanks...gonna try to send it out soon..but have three young boys this week. I made one "hot handle" but now I need to make more!

Honey Dew~~ I used bamboo ewe yarn..medium 4...8 3.5oz. Balls of mercury. And I can't believe our sisters are 50...well Annette not till Dec but still sounds funny cause I don't feel that old

This pattern starts with making a basic rectangle from double crochet.

Sizes from Pattern

Size Medium for 36"-38" bust: 36" wide by 22" deep

Figure Out Your Rectangle Size

Width: Measure distance from a point on one arm halfway between elbow and bone at top of shoulder joint, across back to other shoulder joint, and down to midway point on other arm. Compare this measurement to your actual bust measurement. (Notice above how bust measurement may equal rectangle width.) Determine how wide you actually want to make your rectangle.

Depth: Measure distance from protruding bone at base of neck to either small of your back or place where you want the solid part of cardi to end

Gauge: Make at least a 6" by 6" swatch of double crochet stitches. Measure swatch to figure out how many stitches and rows in 4". Use these numbers to figure out how many stitches and rows you need for your rectangle.

Make Your Chain: Make a chain equal to the number of stitches needed plus 2. Double crochet in 4th chain from hook and in each chain across.

Make Your Rectangle: Make the number of rows you calculated above or just crochet until your rectangle depth measurement equals the depth measurement you wanted.

Trim: We'll figure out how to do the trim once several people get their rectangles made.

I did a swatch and of course it did not meet guage with an H hook. I am using James C Brett chunky marble.

4" = 12dc. 4" = about 7 rows, just slightly less.

I want it to be 36" wide so 36/4 = 9 x 12dc = 108

Does that sound right? I'll do depth as I go.

I did a swatch and of course it did not meet guage with an H hook. I am using James C Brett chunky marble.

4" = 12dc. 4" = about 7 rows, just slightly less.

I want it to be 36" wide so 36/4 = 9 x 12dc = 108

Does that sound right? I'll do depth as I go.

I ch 108 and did the first row of dc..and that was going to be waaay to big. So I frogged the dc back to 93 as that was in keeping with the 14 stitches difference on each size. Don't know if that will help or not. Almost have the body done. Pics later..have to go work

Trim: We'll figure out how to do the trim once several people get their rectangles made.

Amy I know you are quite busy right now, but I'm feeling kinda stuck on what my next step needs to be.

Here is my completed rectangle. It is 30x21. I have had my friend hold it across my back and it hits on my arms right about where I think it should. I guess if it doesn't fit me someone I know may be very happy :lol

http://images4.ravelrycache.com/uploads/FrLopLady/114526207/20120804_032805_medium2.jpg

I have 93 dc across.

Archived