Red Heart Relaxed Cardi Crochet-Along CAL

Amy

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's probably the design and construction method of any particular shrug pattern.

This one is made by folding a rectangle. An enterprising designer could probably figure up a way to use short rows or some other shaping method to get rid of the excess back fabric. :)

For the size I made, the extra fabric really doesn't seem to be an issue when moving around as people do in real-life. It's more noticeable when standing still posing for a photo.

I think it is too. That's how the other one was made.

lolol - clothing is not my strong suit.

t looks wonderful on you! And I'm loving your hair!

It looks wonderful on you! And I'm loving your hair!

Thanks! And you noticed my hair! I meant to go for a very dark brown, but not quite as dark as the almost-black it came out. But I'm really loving it!

Would you believe that about 4 days after I colored it, I was at my little country post office, no makeup, just jeans and some basic tshirt type top, and some guy in his early 30s tried to pick me up? Actually asked for my number and asked to take me out to dinner! He was kind of cute, too, although too young for this 47-year-old!! He ran away when I held up my left hand, showed my wedding rings, and said I was married. :cheer

Ok Stacy, we are counting on you to give us in-progress updates. And an honest idea if this is as "easy" as Red Heart says.

Well, so far, so good- but I'm only on the 6th row. :lol I have been busy with finals coming up. I'll have more free time to finish once they are over. It does seem a little chunky, though, so maybe I will start over with another yarn. :think Will have to check my stash and see if I have something comparable.

No progress picture..only a few inches deep so far. Thanks for the advice, I tore it out and started over and it seems to be going better this time.

Go CristiG!!

I need to finish one or two things up before I start something new. And besides, I want to see what someone else thinks of the directions that come after the rectangle!

Thanks for giving it the old college try! I am glad you will be posting pictures.

All Red Heart Boutique yarns are on sale for 20% off at the shopredheart.com website through May 28. Use coupon code RHB20.

updated pic. I know I am not much further along but haven't had a lot of crochet time.

Progress is progress! The rectangle is pretty boring, but it gets fun once you get to start the shells. :chook

have my yarn... I got some Bernat chunky in a pretty, rich purple.

Just need to get started... this Kindle is playing havoc with my crochet time :rofl

• 3 weeks later...
How ya doing Darski? NCIS is on so I am going to work on mine while watching it. Have a good night

I've been working on a lapghan for the charity blast so I am no further on this one but tomorrow is my knit and chat day so I will get some more done then. I want to get this done - can't wait to see it finished :wlol

Archived