Does anyone, here, use an Ott Light for thier crochet work? I've been wanting to get one for my art work...& I can only figure how beneficial it could be for a crocheter.

I was going to get a desk model (with a magnifyer option), bit now that I crochet in my reliner, i'll probably get the floor model (& just move it between desk & relcliner.

I have 2 of them and I LOVE them I have the floor model that is by my recliner and a desk top model that is beside my bed. I use it for a few different things and it has worked wonders for the darker yarn or even pulling a splinter

I have a floor model that is currently at the end of my couch since that's where I've been doing most of my crocheting. I LOVE it! My eyesight just isn't what it used to be and the OTT Light helps tremendously!

I also have a floor model one and it is great!!! Agree with Ann- the older I get, the worse my eyesight gets and the Ott lights are wonderful.

How heavy are the floor models? Are they easily moveable from one place to another within the same room?

I love my OTT lights. I have a floor model and a desktop model. The floor one is in the living room behind the couch where I crochet. It's fairly lightweight and I can move it around easily.

I have the Ott light equivalent from A. C. Moore (yes, I used a 50% off coupon to get it) and I love it. Just to see how much better the light is, change to a different lamp, it won't take you much time to change back due to the light being so much lighter and clearer.

I have the floor model and it is very "light" so to speak :). I can easily move it around. It is good to work by but also for mixing colors. You can see the true color of something like in bright daylight.

I have a floor model. It has done wonders for working knitting and crochet and of course for reading. If you watch their web site you can find them

at good prices and there are often special offers. I signed up a few years ago at their web site and waited for a good offer to appear. Its the best

light in my home and I am thinking about a second one.

I'm planning on getting mibe at hobby lobby & using a big coupon on it. How long do the bulbs last?

I'm planning on getting mibe at hobby lobby & using a big coupon on it. How long do the bulbs last?

I've had my floor model one for over 18 years and I've replaced the bulb once.

My first choice is to always crochet in natural light, but if I have to crochet a dark color at night, a normal light is just not adequate. I have excellent sight, but I bought an Ott light because of 3 eyestraining colors at night: black, dark brown and navy blue. These colors can turn my beloved crochet into a nightmare if I use them at night for any length of time. The Ott light really does have the brightness needed.

I bought mine at Joann's with a 1/2 off coupon. Not all the large coupons at Joann's are the same, so if you want to use one, read the small print to make sure it doesn't exclude the Ott products for that sale.

Love my OTT light too! In fact, when my mom visits, she plants herself under it and doesn't give that space on the sofa up to anyone. :lol Still on the original bulb after about 3 years, at least, and heavy, daily usage.

Apolgies to the OP for kinda hijacking the thread, but will OTT bulbs work only in OTT lamps? I have a floor lamp that I currently love for it's style and OTT doesn't offer the same type of style. But it takes CFL bulbs, which seem to be interchangeble with the OTT bulbs. So I thought I'd ask if I could just swap out my CFL's for OTT bulbs.

I have the swing arm table top model next to the couch. I got it at Joanne's when they were on sale. I love the swing one since I can swing it out of the way if I don't need it. I use it for reading, crocheting, sewing...

It is a great eyesight saver!

Apolgies to the OP for kinda hijacking the thread, but will OTT bulbs work only in OTT lamps? I have a floor lamp that I currently love for it's style and OTT doesn't offer the same type of style. But it takes CFL bulbs, which seem to be interchangeble with the OTT bulbs. So I thought I'd ask if I could just swap out my CFL's for OTT bulbs.

I just bought the bulbs and put in my lamps I already had and it works great!