what else do you do?

I mostly crochet now but did a lot of sewing  for my clothes and home decor,  embroidery and needlepoint, and even tried knitting a few times but couldn't do that very well.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was blessed to be born to a very talented, artistic, musical family. Since age 11, I have become versed in crochet, drawing, acrylic painting, sewing, embroidery, clay/ceramics, crazy quilting, cross stitch, polymer clay, beading and piano. I've also dabbled in photography. After years of classes for painting and ceramics, painting and crochet are still my first loves. Since I no longer take orders or sell my projects, I can enjoy creating for family, friends and charity.  

I do scrapbooking, although right now, crochet is proving to be my stronger obsession. I read a lot (imagine that for a children's librarian!) and I used to do a lot of counted cross stitch. I haven't done that in years, but I needed $1 to qualify for free shipping on a JoAnn's order I did last week, so I bought one of the little ornament kits that was on sale... we'll see if it sparks that again. I'd love to learn to quilt (or just sew, really!) and I think that knitting could be interesting.

• 4 weeks later...

I also knit (although not very proficient at it), I also sew and quilt.  Crochet is my main love,  I can do it anytime, anywhere that I have a minute and yarn and hooks.   

I crochet, read, write, sing and I am learning to play guitar, I love to cook!, I make and repair jewelry, and I dabble in image manipulation and a very little bit of sewing.  I spend most of my time taking care of my baby- 7yr old Hayden- he is non-verbal autistic.

I am going to google plastic canvas! as far as knitting goes I have no current interest- two needles just blows my mind!  My newest adventure (besides Kareoke) is thread yarn and possibly some doillies! 

• 2 weeks later...

I am just getting back into trying to learn more crochet again after puutting it away for a few years. Other crafts I do and have tried are:

Counted cross stitch

Quilting

Canvas work

Embroidery

Scrapbooking

Knitting

Paint by number

My favorites though are cross stitch and crochet.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Besides crochet, I also paint on stretched canvas, draw sometimes, write short stories and novel[though I never get the courage to get them published], I make little things out of polymer clay such as pendants and earrings, I also make earrings and pendants from beads and wire. I love hot gluing things; like wreaths and EDM Bras.

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of talented people here. :)  My first love is pastel painting, which I haven't done for a while.  I miss it.  I've done embroidery, counted cross stitching, and knitting.  BUT my favorite is Crochet! 

• 2 weeks later...

For needlework, I mainly crochet. I used to cross stitch a lot but do not really have the time/patience for it anymore.

As for other stuff, I LOVE cooking and baking. In fact, I am a chef by trade. So if any of you need cooking advice, I'm your go to guy! I own a catering business, www.NewEnglandFlare.com. Just the other day, I made a Tangerine Arugula Salad with Mint, Merlot Cheese, and Jalapeño Vinaigrette paired with Eggs Benedict with Cherry-smoked Canadian bacon and hollandaise sauce. It was a brunch to die for.

Seriously though, if any of you need cooking tips/help/etc, shoot me a message and I'll get back to you.

• 2 years later...

Crochet, of course

Photography and photoshop

computer programming (yes, I am a dork)

Sewing (I started when I was obsessed with baby carriers)

Photo transfer to wood and decoupage

Jewelry making with beads

My newest: wire crochet

I also tried loom knitting and for some reason I hated it.

• 11 months later...
On 2013-9-18 at 2:17 PM, deb13b said:

I'm addicted to tatting, give me a shuttle and thread and I'm happy. Just started learning crochet a few days ago and I have a feeling I'm going to be addicted to that too !

Oh, how I'd love to learn tatting!! I need someone live in my life to show me. I've tried to learn from YouTube vidoes, but I can never quite get it. ☺

Aside from crochet, I also write & read & colour, & I'm into photography, especially of my cat & nature. I'm a pianist & a singer. I can also play guitar & flute & recorder, but the piano's my first musical love. I'm very happy to have a keyboard which allows me to express myself as close as I can get to a piano without actually being a piano. ☺

I also know how to cross stitch, do plastic canvas stuff, loom knitting, & rug hooking. I can knit a little. I want to get back into this more.

When i manage to put down the crochet hook ...

I used to scrapbook but the kids are older now so not as many pictures.... except theirs on facebook and imstagram.

Before crochet (and before kids) i used to do counted cross stitch. Have done one small project with some cross stitch on it this year.

I also jumped on the coloring book craze but usually do that at the preschool while the babies are napping.

I also read when i can get off the internet and the tv.

• 8 months later...

I love sewing and baking as well. My husband bought me a really nice sewing machine and I love to sew aprons and Bake. Especially cookies and Banana breads! I would love to sew some items and incorporate crochet into them. I tried my hand at knitting, but prefer crochet! I'm also an aspiring Author, with very little time to work on that!

I don't remember if I ever answered this before (and don't have time now to check and see if I did or not...:P ) but, over the years I've dabbled in several things!  I've taken several classes in oil painting and have a few samples of my work. I've done some embroidery---in my earlier years.  Then I knitted for a while, then moved on to crochet.  I've also done crewel embroidery, then went on to counted cross stitch, which was discontinued when we were adopted by our cat.  (I'm prone to losing my needles, and didn't want him to find them!!)  Along the years, I've also done some ceramics, some macrame (which I loved and was sad to see it fall from popularity).  Let's see, I think that's about all... :think

But crochet has lasted the longest, and I'm still endeared to it!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived