what else do you do?

I crochet ; knit; sew ; Quilt ; hand quilt , hand embroidering .

counted cross stitch . tatting ; make jewelry

most of the needlework arts

want to learn to do bobbin lace making .

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mostly just crochet. But I've sewn, done cross stitch, scrapbooking, some painting. Have learned a few new things like making weaved buttons (Dorset buttons) and fabric painting through my monthly craft group. I tried to teach myself to knit, but it wasnt clicking for me. Someday I'll try again. I did some plastic canvas work when I was younger but havent touched it in a long time.

• 2 weeks later...

I crochet, also bead crochet, quilt and do recycled denim bags and quilts, but not all at the same time. I like to crochet in winter and one of the others on a later stage as the inspiration strikes, but I'm always doing something creative.

Good Afternoon!

I actually do a couple other things as well as crochet. I also latch hook, cross stitch as well as I am a AVON representative as well as recently a Scentsy Consultant. So, if anyone out there would like more information on Scentsy please just message me! :D

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The only other crafty thing I do is knit. I've attempted sewing, which I'm horrible at. It's always my most dreaded task at the end of a crochet or knit project...sewing the pieces together!

I love to sew--I make almost anything, especially doll clothes of all sizes. I quilt, plastic canvas, some knitting--not much; I used to do cross stitch, still have all that stuff so maybe some day I'll pick that up again.

Wow...such variety! Aside from crochet, in the past I've done...sewing (does it count if it was for school, but I enjoyed it?), cross stitch, and write poetry. I also cook, do origami (a first on this thread :-D), and I'm an avid reader.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think crochet is my favorite (I change my mind sometimes, I'm fickle like that) but I also knit and sew. I tried to teach myself how to (shuttle) tat but it didn't go very well. I'd like to learn to quilt too. Since I do sew already (though not necessarily very well, I am still very much a beginner!) it should not be TOO difficult. I LOVE to make candles and soaps and other bath & body type products. And nail polish. I kind of adore nail polish and was tickled when I realized I could buy some nail polish base and mix up my own custom colors. SO much fun! I like all kinds of general crafts too - paint by numbers (because I don't have the artistic talent to just paint on my own), pretty much anything that involves glitter, decoupage, etc. 

I think crochet is my favorite (I change my mind sometimes, I'm fickle like that) but I also knit and sew. I tried to teach myself how to (shuttle) tat but it didn't go very well. I'd like to learn to quilt too. Since I do sew already (though not necessarily very well, I am still very much a beginner!) it should not be TOO difficult. I LOVE to make candles and soaps and other bath & body type products. And nail polish. I kind of adore nail polish and was tickled when I realized I could buy some nail polish base and mix up my own custom colors. SO much fun! I like all kinds of general crafts too - paint by numbers (because I don't have the artistic talent to just paint on my own), pretty much anything that involves glitter, decoupage, etc.

I am kinda jealous that you are to paint by number. With my bets I can't do this craft.

I mostly crochet, but I learned how to knit as well. I also occasionally cross stitch and sew. I want to learn to quilt. When I was a kid I was so bad at motor skills it's always been my dream to design and stitch a sampler that says:

"I've finally learned to cross stitch, sew ,knit, quilt and crochet!

Miracles can happen everyday!"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Needlepoint (though nothing finished, I'm terrible at finishing things), a little bit of knitting (it became so much easier when I figured out continental style knitting), I'm just starting to dabble with dyeing yarn and silk scarves.  I've really enjoyed dyeing, so much instant gratification!

I like to sketch, mainly just graphite. But classes I am taking in school have introduced me to the use of charcoal and doing full color rendering with marker. I may learn to knit one of these days, but I will stick to crochet for now. Back in high school I took a lot of art classes and worked with a lot of mediums, including wood carving, oil painting, ceramics, etc. :artist

• 1 month later...

I mainly draw. Working on a chicken series at the moment. Sometimes I make my own jewelry with beads, hemp, and leather. I goof around with clay and quilling from time to time. I used to knit, but that was entirely too many loops open at once for the sake of my sanity.

• 1 month later...

I have done a lot of different crafts but crochet my most loved, most enjoyable, also a HUGE stress reliever. Memory is really bad anymore and crochet to me isn't a problem. I also do wood turning making wooden ink pens and do finishes on Bolshevik and art pieces he does with turning. I love the concept of doing crafting together. I have recently learned of a couple places to brochettes with several others.

Archived