AngelRoseLite

Round Robin Ideas Needed

Hi, fellow addicts! Well, I did it. I joined a crafting group in Long Beach. I enjoy meeting with the lovely ladies and not really crocheting but laughing and joking. lol. We do craft, of course, but in between other stuff ;) I learned something new, though, and that is something called a round robin. I had never heard of it, and next meeting we are supposed to bring ours to start passing around. There have been afghans and scarves, for example. Are there any other ideas out there? I was thinking a crocheted quilt kind of thing, which would really mean that mine would consist of granny squares. Scratch that. I hate weaving in ends. Any other suggestions? Are scarves and afghans the only real options? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Happy hooking!

Maria

Edited by AngelRoseLite

What is it? A project that everybody works on?

Yes, everyone works on it. Every two weeks, it gets passed along to someone else. That person adds a certain amount. A journal is included where each person also writes anything, whether it be a musing, what the weather was like, a joke -- anything. Everyone in the group starts one and passes it to the next person; so everyone ends up working on everyone's item.

It's a neat idea. It have to be something simple I think. I can see why you are having trouble. Maybe a bag? Scarves and afghans seem to me to be the simplest. Hope some more people can think of ideas.

About 8 years ago I was in a cross stitch RR. It was pretty neat . There were 4 of us from all around the world.

We each picked a theme and did our "thing" on 1/4 of the cloth.

Mine was of teddy bears from around the world. I still have- it not framed though. It became even more special as almost as soon as we all received our pieces back, one of the ladies in my group got killed in an auto accident. I know my piece was one of the very last things she did. I get a little sad when I look at it and think about her.

I never thought of a crochet RR but bet it'd be fun too. I'd say maybe a scarf, lapghan or bag? Maybe even a theme for a kitchen or bath? Fridge magnets?

Thank you for your replies, ladies :) I love the bag idea. I was wondering how that worked, but seeing it, I just love it. It would make a wonderful project bag to take to the meetings. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!