Sign in to follow this  
nancy sorokin

Help with directions

Question

I am attempting to make a baby blanket – pattern called Rock-A-Bye Rickrack from Caron Wintuk. I am up to the point that the pattern reads: Row 1: (Right side) Attach A in 7th st of last row. Ch3, dc in same st. sk 1. *2dc in next st. sk 1, rep from * to corner. 2 dc in corner st. sk 1 row, * 2 dc at end of next row, sk 1 row, rep from ** to corner, 2 dc in corner. Work remaining sides in same manner. Join in top of ch 3. TURN. The point at which I am lost is when the directions say sk 1 row. (I don't know what to do from that point on). Can you explain these directions clearly step by step. I hope someone can help me.

4 answers to this question

Are you doing a border around the afghan? When you reach the corner of the afghan you turn it so you will be working in the ends of the rows on the side. You wil do 2dc in corner stitch then turn to go down the side dc in one row end indicated skip one row end and 2dc in next row end untill you reach the end of that row, and then will be working across the starting ch doing the same thing untill you get to the other side and working up that the same as you came down the other side.

I take it that the body of the blanket is completed and you are now working on the edging/border. A link to the pattern would be helpful

This part :"*2dc in next st. sk 1, rep from * to corner. 2 dc in corner st." would be across the top/bottom of the blanket........with 2 double crochets in the corner stitch.

This part: " sk 1 row," is directing you to skip one end row before making the next stitch

I just wanted to say thanks for the help. I didn't realize that the side stitches going down are each called a row. Now I'm on target. It's nice to know there are people out there who are knowledgeable and willing to help others. Hopefully, I won't have any more problems but it's comforting to know I can find help if I need it again. Thanks a million - I am so thrilled to be moving on. I'll post a picture of the baby blanket when I finish it.

Each back and forth stripe in the ghan itself is called a row. For the border it seems as if you will work your stitch in every other one.