Looking for pattern name and source.

lakota85usa

Question

Please, does anyone know the name and source/book of the pattern that I have in My Yahoo Photos? I won't be able to eat or sleep until I know it. LOL. Any help will be greatly appreciated. With the photo/scan being in black and white, it may be an old pattern but I'm only assuming that aspect.

The link to the photo is

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lakota85usa/album?.dir=/d270

Thank you soooooo very much beforehand.

Pam

19 answers to this question

I just received a reply from another forum regarding the pattern source. Here is what she wrote. It is from a 1997 Ondori (Japanese) book of pineapple lace patterns. It is so hard to find Japanese bookstores these days. My two favorites have closed here in Los Angeles. There are lots of wonderful patterns in the book. The pattern is called tablecenter 32-33, the page numbers of the pictures.

Now, I need to find a way of buying this book, hopefully online as I am sure small town USA here doesn't have any Japanese bookstores.

Anyone have any suggestions? I tried amazon.com but they don't have it.

Thanks again.

Pam

Pam, check out this site:

http://www.bookfinder4u.com/IsbnSearch.aspx?isbn=4277221033&mode=direct

They have 3 copies. That ISBN is the Japanese #, so the books are in Japanese. If it was printed in english, I think it will have a different ISBN.

Susan

Susan. Wow, it's so nice to see that these may be the book. Ohhhhh to only be able to read Japanese. LOL. It would be wonderful to see if it is available in English but the patterns are symbol patterns and if that pattern is in the book, I'll take it in any language. :))

Thank you so much.

Pam

I saw some doilies on ebay made by the same person that made and sold these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=945&item=6197307670

This is not the same as the one you had, but I think her auction that ended yesterday had the same doily. She might be able to help you locate the pattern.

Andrea.

Thank you for that lead. I'll wait a day or so to see the feedback item and see if it is the doily that I'm looking for and drop her a line to see where she got the pattern.

Thank you so much. I appreciate yours and all the other's help.

Take care.

Pam

I saw some doilies on ebay made by the same person that made and sold these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=945&item=6197307670

This is not the same as the one you had, but I think her auction that ended yesterday had the same doily. She might be able to help you locate the pattern.

Pam ... The Ondori books that I have are in English, but even if the book is in Japanese, you may still be able to make the pattern. The books that I have are symbol patterns. I learned how to crochet these types of patterns through Crochet Magic magazine. Do you know how to crochet following symbols instead of written text? If not, I can help you out. I actually prefer it with doilies as I always lose my place in written text.

Gee, that would be wonderful if I could find it in English but Japanese would be fine also if they are symbol patterns. I too love the symbol patterns when doing doilies. I can't count the times that I've messed up or lost my place doing doilies with written patterns. :-((

I haven't given up my search yet. :))) I wonder if the "For Trade, Sale or Free" section on this site would be a good place to track down one of these books.

Pam

The book so far as I've found out is in Japanese and the titles translated loosely is Pineapple Lace Crochet and it may be out of print. I do have the ISBN# 4-277-22103-3 C-CODE 5077 NDC 594.3

I guess having that info might shed a bit of light on my search.

Thanks for your help and now that I have the ISBN, perhaps I can from it on Barnes & Noble and Amazon.

Pam

Pam ... The Ondori books that I have are in English, but even if the book is in Japanese, you may still be able to make the pattern. The books that I have are symbol patterns. I learned how to crochet these types of patterns through Crochet Magic magazine. Do you know how to crochet following symbols instead of written text? If not, I can help you out. I actually prefer it with doilies as I always lose my place in written text.

You can find these on Ebay, Barnes & Noble and Amazon. Some of them are still in print. They are printed in english. There are several different Ondori books (some of which are out-of-print), so try to find out exactly which book this pattern is in. I have a couple of the books, but haven't tried any of the patterns just yet.

The book so far as I've found out is in Japanese and the titles translated loosely is Pineapple Lace Crochet and it may be out of print. I do have the ISBN# 4-277-22103-3 C-CODE 5077 NDC 594.3

I guess having that info might shed a bit of light on my search.

Thanks for your help and now that I have the ISBN, perhaps I can from it on Barnes & Noble and Amazon.

Pam

so try to find out exactly which book this pattern is in. I have a couple of the books, but haven't tried any of the patterns just yet.

I just posted on that forum if what I posted earlier was the exact title of the book. Once I have that, hopefully, I'll be able to track down a copy of the book.

Thanks for your help.

Pam

You can find these on Ebay, Barnes & Noble and Amazon. Some of them are still in print. They are printed in english. There are several different Ondori books (some of which are out-of-print), so try to find out exactly which book this pattern is in. I have a couple of the books, but haven't tried any of the patterns just yet.

Archived