ReniC

ISO- Open Stitch Crochet Vest

Question

In Red Heart's email newsletter today, they featured a cute 4 Season's knit vest pattern that would work for hot summer areas.

I am wondering if anyone knows of a crochet vest with this open stitch style in mind. I did post a comment on the pattern site but no response yet.

(pinkie's a linkie!)

6 answers to this question

Thanks Gene! I am going to look/see about this one right now.

Thank you for all the links! I will check them all out tomorrow. :D

Your original Knit pattern has a schematic with measurements, which is (almost) just a rectangle. You could probably substitute any openwork stitch and come up with something similar.

Note, however, they are using super fine (US weight#1) yarn and quite overlarge knitting needles for that weight (sock weight yarn, which usually calls for 2.25-2.75mm needles, they are using 5.5mm needles [i hook size]). And that pattern really needs the drape, so I wouldn't use any yarn bigger than that, and probably go with a J or K hook.

[QUOTE=Granny Square;2451881]Your original Knit pattern has a schematic with measurements, which is (almost) just a rectangle. You could probably substitute any openwork stitch and come up with something similar.

Note, however, they are using super fine (US weight#1) yarn and quite overlarge knitting needles for that weight (sock weight yarn, which usually calls for 2.25-2.75mm needles, they are using 5.5mm needles [i hook size]). And that pattern really needs the drape, so I wouldn't use any yarn bigger than that, and probably go with a J or K hook.

Thank you for your input. Your response is very appreciated.

Wish I could do exactly as per your suggestion however, I know I would need a pattern even after all these years of crochet. I do not make many clothing items at all and would fumble through trying to make something especially for someone miles away.:(