carevun

Where do you buy?

Sorry about the 2nd post so quickly!

Where do you like to buy your yarn? Do you do big bag stores, speciality shops, websites (please include the website)

How do you find the best deals? Any special tips/tricks? other than trolling the newspaper? i do that regularly :)

I like Woolease and would buy it at Hobby Lobby or Joann store, if they had the right color. But the selection is pretty limited at the stores in my area.

I have ordered online from Joann for Red Heart Creme de la Creme (cotton for washcloths) and Designer Sport acrylic.

I have ordered yarn and supplies from Webs which is yarn.com, ParadiseFibers.com, and Yarnmarket.com. Had good service from all.

I recently ordered the yarn sample box from HalcyonYarn.com, because i am interested in their light weight cotton-linen-etc. yarns on cones. I think the cone prices will be a good value per yard of yarn, for sweater quantities.

I am in love with the sock weight yarn from thenaturaldyestudio.com

The colors are gorgeous and it crochets beautifully. This is the one yarn i am actively accumulating, otherwise i am only buying yarn for specific projects.

My LYS are True Blue and Hillcreek Yarn, both in Columbia MO, and Bah Yarn in Washington MO. Each is about an hour away so i don't drop in often, but it is a real treat to go and see/feel the yarns in person. I do try to shop there when i can.

I think the best price depends on a lot of factors, and i wouldn't say i am usually looking for bargains. I am pretty slow so i get hours of enjoyment out of each dollar i spend on yarn:lol

I use Brava yarns by http://www.knitpicks.com

It comes in 3 different weights, Dk,worsted,and bulky. Its soft and easy to

work. It comes in about 30 colors and is reasonably priced. My family has

a lot of allergies and I do charity projects so the yarn must be washable.

Joann's, Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Craft Warehouse, Ben Franklin. Also check http://www.knitmap.com to see what LYS there may be in your area.

Sign up for the email sales fliers from the above if they are local. Often good sales, and extra % off coupons that can really make a difference

I buy at Hobby Lobby some. For RHSS, I buy at WalMart as they have the best price locally. We have a new Joann. They have a huge selection, but I haven't bought there yet. I've bought Caron at Michaels. Once in a great while they have yarn at Dollar Tree.

Since I am a yarnoholic (with absolutely no chance of ever being rehabilitated) I buy wherever I see yarn and especially when it is on clearance, sale, being discontinued and also with coupons.

I have bought it at my local Dollar Tree, Michaels, AC Moore, Walmart, Big Lots, Christmas Tree Shop, if it has yarn, I can sniff it out. I also have bought online, again when it is on sale. I sign up for emails from different websites so I get notices.

As the price of yarn increases (my Walmart is now up to $2.77 for RHSS), I stock up as much as I can when it is on sale.

I just feel sorry for the poor person who has to clean out my yarn supply when they find me buried in a mountain of yarn, clutching my crochet hooks.

LI Roe

Usually I shop at Joann's, Michael's or Hobby Lobby. I watch for sales and use coupons. Occasionally I'll find yarn at Hancock (prices are pretty good, selection isn't great) and for a treat I'll go to yarn shops (where you can find great yarn and sometimes some good deals).

I have bought from Jo Anns, Pat Catans, Hobby Lobby, Michaels, yarn.com (webs), craftforless.com .... and have had great results .... I am wanting to order from knitpicks.com also but haven't yet but soon I am hoping lol

up until very recently I used to be very satisfied with my AC Moore and Michael's selections. Then they closed the 2 AC Moore's by me, and the Michael's (all 3 of them) reduced their aisle sizes to one short aisle each in favor of their 'boutique' scrapbooking section.

Now when I want a yarn I want, I go to the clearance section of the different websites I've booked and see what's on sale in the color/weight I'm looking for.

Such a shame, as I LOVE discovering new yarn. My local Walmarts are useless as they only sell Red Heart in the baby colors.

This week Joanns has yarn 30% off with a free shipping over $40 coupon.

i buy yarn from joanns and walmart and sometimes i buy from thift store yarn and i get amzing prices and colors

I buy wherever I see yarn and especially when it is on clearance, sale, being discontinued and also with coupons.

I have bought it at my local Dollar Tree, Michaels, AC Moore, Walmart, Big Lots, Christmas Tree Shop, if it has yarn, I can sniff it out. I also have bought online, again when it is on sale.

Sounds like me...:wink. I also check out yard sales and the destashing section of Etsy. I prefer AC Moore because of the pound bags that are great for ghans and charity work. More bang for my buck. :hook