crafter

Beading Crochet????

It depends on what yosu're making. If the beads are thread onto the yarn or thread the main thing to look out for is that the bead holes are big enough to let the yarn through.

If you tell us what you want to make it may be easier to give advice on material.

I am making crocheted tubular crocheted bracelet ; I am using seed beads and

crochet cotton thread number 20 and a size 5 steel hook

they have a how to list here

maybe look there too. hugs

seliminatesis

Thanks lady,

I want to make some earrings and necklaces.....I have a lot of size 11 seed beads I want to use in crochet.

Mostly people use size 10 thread but there are no exact rules.

If you're having trouble getting the thread through a trick is to put glue on the tip of the thread and shape to a pointed tip. This eliminates the hassel with double thread through the hole.

• Like 1

This is very timely to me as a fe weeks ago wanted to try making my first tubular barcelet. I bout size 11/0 beads and tried size 10 thread--didn't work as the beads were too small to accept the size 10 thread.:eek

Size smaller thread was too fine for me to work with.

I ordered some 8/0 beads and spent the entire weekend threading them onto size 10 thread--working well now . :clap

jean stitch thread will work wonderfully with 11/0 seed beads.  Go visit the beadwranglers site.  She has kits, supplies and the thread.  I especially love the schmoo kits. Little beaded creatures, they are so cute!