Sign in to follow this  
iunabella

Antennae

Question

Hi!

I am making a caterpillar hat and am trying to invent my own pattern for antennae. So far, it is not successful! Can anyone provide suggestions for creating antennae? Thanks!

5 answers to this question

It depends on how thick you want them, but if they are to be small, try just chaining the length that you want them to be, and then single crochet back?

You can crochet a circle and continue around in as many rows as you like, forming a tube. Insert a pipe cleaner or twist two pipe cleaners together to give more stiffness, also placing some polyfill evenly around them if necessary, or just simply stuff with polyfill.:)

I actually just made up some antennae today for a friend's bumblebee hat. Feel free to try it out.

Round 1: Make 6 sc in an adjustable ring.

Round 2: 2 sc in each sc around.

Round 3 - 4: Sc in each sc around.

Round 5: Sc2tog 6 times around. Stuff with polyfil.

Rounds 6 - ?: Sc in each sc around. Continue until desired length is reached, stuffing with polyfil along the way.

Fasten off at desired length, leaving a long tail. Use tail to sew antenna onto hat.

:)

thanks everyone! what does "Sc2tog" mean?

Sc2tog means single crochet 2 stitches together. In other words, insert hook into next stitch and draw up a loop. Insert hook in next stitch and draw up another loop. Yarn over and draw through all three loops on the hook. This is a decrease - you have just turned 2 stitches into 1 stitch. :hook