Valdani Hand Overdyed Cotton Thread

kathome

I've used some Valdani thread, and have some more that I will use when I figure out the right pattern for it. It's much finer and softer than regular crochet thread, so the doily will be limper and benefit from a bit of starch. Also size 12 is much finer than size 10--the size 8 is closer to 10.

But the colors...oh, the colors....

• 3 weeks later...

yes, I have used Valdani threads. I bought several size 12 to me this is like size 20. I used them to crochet with other colors. For the effect I wanted. Krakovianka is right the size 8 is like a size 10. Colors ? :eek omg ! so many colors :eek , my mind rushes for so many ideas......oh my! the endless possibilies you can do for and doilies. AT the moment I can't crochet much. I broke --fractured my right hand my crochet hand. bummer, I'm sad just doing a few stitches right now hurts n wears me out. Its been 2 days the last time I tried.....will try again later today. Hubby has a doc appointment. You will be very very very happy with the Valdani threads.

• 2 weeks later...
yes, I have used Valdani threads. I bought several size 12 to me this is like size 20. I used them to crochet with other colors. For the effect I wanted. Krakovianka is right the size 8 is like a size 10. Colors ? :eek omg ! so many colors :eek , my mind rushes for so many ideas......oh my! the endless possibilies you can do for and doilies. AT the moment I can't crochet much. I broke --fractured my right hand my crochet hand. bummer, I'm sad just doing a few stitches right now hurts n wears me out. Its been 2 days the last time I tried.....will try again later today. Hubby has a doc appointment. You will be very very very happy with the Valdani threads.

Wow, you too?!? I just got my cast off, and I feel 100 pounds lighter! (although I'm not...)

Ditto on the Valdani. I had used some for snowflakes, but this thread is far too luxurious to be stiffened. The range of colors in unbelievable. If you sign up for an account, you receive emails when colorways are discontinued, and that's usually a good deal, as my only problem with Valdani is that it's a bit pricey. But oh, so lovely!

Archived