The Love Squared Project

sarahw1974

I'm not sure if anyone has talked about this, but I've come across these lovely ladies on Facebook and I really love what they are doing.

Description

Not sure if you have heard or not, but A Tangled Yarn of Nicholasville, KY has teamed up with Sarabees Little Yarn Shop of Winchester, KY to knit blocks for afghans that will then be given to those who were affected by the tornados in Indiana, Kentucky and Tennessee. The plan is to start with West Liberty and radiate the warmth from there:)

Can you help us?

We need squares/blocks that are 7” x 9” with properly woven in tails. If you are not sure about how to weave in the tails, leave a 6” length to the tail and we will be more than happy to do this for you:) Squares must be made from acrylic as it is machine washable and dry-able.

PDF patterns for squares are available: Crochet . Knit

The squares/blocks can be brought in or mailed to:

A Tangled Yarn

605 N Main St

Nicholasville, KY 40356

or

Sarabee's Little Yarn Shop

74 S. Main Street

Winchester, KY 40391

Don’t know how to knit or crochet? Why not donate a ball of yarn for someone to make one for you.

We will be posting updates and pictures here as we progress and receive squares;)

https://www.facebook.com/squaredblocks?ref=ts

I've included a link to The Love Squared Facebook page if anyone wants to check it out.

I'd love to knit or crochet squares for this, but since it's only on Facebook, I won't be able to help. :( I deleted my Facebook account several months ago and it's the best decision I made in a long time. Best of luck though. It's a great cause. :yes

• 3 weeks later...
I'm not on Facebook either, but why does one have to be? The addresses are given in this post. I do wonder how long they will be accepting squares.

It seems to me based on the post that there are certain patterns that are accepted. It could be that they'll take any 7 X 9 squares. If that's the case, then we could still do it. This is just an assumption based on the OP stating the patterns are available in PDF. Hopefully they will come back and offer further details. :hook

Sorry everyone, I haven't felt well for awhile and have been MIA. As long as the squares are 7x9 they are fine crocheted or knitted, I am assuming since there is no end date and with the massive destruction of the tornadoes they will take the squares until they stop receiving them.

I have my squares finished just need to ship them out.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived