gift for nurse

starywary

Question

The school nurse has been wonderful with my special needs daughter and I wanted to make her a little something for her office. I did find a amigurumi nurse doll on crochet pattern central, but I'm not 100% crazy about it, so does anyone have any ideas on what I could make? maybe like a amigurumi band-aid, of thermometer, something like that...Or would a crocheted cactus or potted plant make more sense?

13 answers to this question

Hi,

Having come from a family of teachers I would say please don't give her anything nurse related or another chachkie. While appreciated, my SILs always wished that the kiddos would give something more usable and personal. A gift certificate for anything-movies, restaurant, nail salon, book store, etc.

If you want to make something, how about a nice simple shawl, something she can use alot and think about you and your special daughter every times she does.

I would say the gift card too but if you're heart is set on making her something, which I totally understand, how about a dish cloth and potholder set? Everyone has to do dishes etc.

I like this idea. There are so many dishclothes and potholder sets available, that it would be a nice gift.

:manyheart

Ideas for things she can use in her office would be a bookmark,

coaster/mug rug, small wall hanging, sun catcher type thing if she has a window. Since she works with kids, an amigurumi of a child maybe. I do think an amigurumi cactus/plant/flower would be very nice.

If your daughter has a special interest, or a favorite color, maybe you could use that as a theme.

Have you considered a mug caddy? The pattern was created by a member

of Crochetville. I purchased the pattern and have made several for gifts.

Everyone seems to enjoy them and put them to good use.

As a nurse, I love the little things. A mug- rug or ami wound make my day and it's a great way to remember people. Reminds me of that book about the 5 random people who you made such a difference in their life without realizing it....can't remember the name of it.

As a nurse, I love the little things. A mug- rug or ami wound make my day and it's a great way to remember people. Reminds me of that book about the 5 random people who you made such a difference in their life without realizing it....can't remember the name of it.

Just curious would that be "The Five People You Meet in Heaven"?

I'm a nurse...every one of the nurses I work with carry a tote with them to work each day to bring in their work supplies, lunch, etc....so I would suggest the EKG tote that Roli here at C'Ville created :) Her pattern can be found here at Cville or at Ravelry :)

Joy

Speaking as a long time nurse,I would be touched and happy if someone took the time to make me something from the heart.It is very easy to buy something but more fun if you make something.PS For me it does not have to be useful cuz every time I looked at it I would remember.

Archived