is bernat the cheapest

dragonlord

Are you on a tight budget, like I am?

If you are looking for the cheapest yarn in which to craft, I can give you some pointers. You can be surprised on how cheaply you can purchase yarn for, if you are willing to do some work.

Check out the sale papers. Michael's, Hobby Lobby and JoAnns regularly put yarn on sale. And Michael's had a special thing yesterday from 4pm until 8pm. If you spent $25, you got $5 off. You can get quite a lot when they do something like that.

Also, check out clearance bins. Sometimes, the stores just want to get rid of last season's yarn colors, and will put them for a cheap price. You may pick up very nice yarn for $1 or so. Then it's time to stock up.

Another place to look is 2nd hand shops, GoodWill, Salvation Army and other stores that sell 2nd hand items. You can pick up some real bargains that way.

Check out yard sales and garage sales, rummage sales (at churches) and other places. You just never know what you will find.

There's also Freecycle, which is a site that people can give things away on. Sometimes, you may get a whole bag of yarn for free that way.

Just some ideas I had, for looking for cheap yarn. I hope it helps.

:manyheart

Archived