Mermaid Tears Purse

sarahw1974

Thank you everyone....I'm looking forward to going on a yarn run so that I can make more....I think i'm going to try cotton for the next one:)

I've got one started, but got side tracked. LOL Those are beautiful. :cheer Please keep us posted on how it works up in the cotton. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
They are both beautiful! May I ask if you lined them?

I did line them, I finished my 3rd one a few days ago. I'm almost finished with the one i'm doing in the cotton and will post pics as soon as it's done.

This is one that a friend decided she wanted before I even had it finished:)

post-47060-135897753225_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm working on one of those. One of my daughter's friends saw the prototype I was working on and next thing I knew she presented me with the yarn she wants hers made from. :lol

All of your purses are beautiful. Did you use Michael Sellick's tutorials?

I'm working on one of those. One of my daughter's friends saw the prototype I was working on and next thing I knew she presented me with the yarn she wants hers made from. :lol

All of your purses are beautiful. Did you use Michael Sellick's tutorials?

At first I tried it on my own but never having done or heard of the crocodile stitch I decided to check out the tutorial, it helped so much and everyone loves the purses....i've had a lot of people ask for them and am working on my fifth one....lol

At first I tried it on my own but never having done or heard of the crocodile stitch I decided to check out the tutorial, it helped so much and everyone loves the purses....i've had a lot of people ask for them and am working on my fifth one....lol

I'm glad he shows how to make the straps because the written instructions made no sense whatsoever to me. It clicked after watching him make one, though. Is that a macrame technique? The part where you take the crochet hook out completely and leave all those "live" loops standing reminded me of Broomstick Lace. :D

Archived