how good is lion brand yarn

dragonlord

I love LB chenille (worsted weight) the most. I stockpiled a lot of it. I think this is no longer available.

I also love LB suede. It's similar to the chenille, but is bulky weight. There are beautiful solids and variegateds to match ~ at least the ones I have go together. These are still sold.

LB Jiffy (bulky weight) is great to work with. It's acrylic with a slight mohair look to it. It just slides on the hook and you can literally crochet for hours. This is available.

LB Vanna's Choice and Vanna's Choice Baby (worsted weight) are nice thick bodied strands and good to work with. The variegated ones, I think they are called Mists, like Denim Mist, are thinner and not as much to my liking so I stick to the solid colors. I'm kind of picky with the colors, because to me, many of the colors look too grayed out and depressing, if you know what I mean. It's not that I want everything I make to look like a circus, but with the Vanna Colors I tend to get the lighter and brighter colors, hence I choose many from the baby selections, because they are worsted weight also. With Vanna's, I now have red, yellow, aqua, white, goldfish, a couple medium blues, sapphire blue, gray, kelly green and purple. These are all still available.

Depends on the project. I totally love the Wool Ease line, as well as most of the Vanna's Choice. My first novelty furs were Fun Fur and Fancy Fur and I still find them some of the easiest furs to work with. I liked the Recycled cotton, but only used it once or twice.

I work both knitting and crocheting and I would most definitely recommend Lion Brand yarns for a lot of projects. Homespun works very well of using larger hooks and needles or even on a knitting loom, I use the KniftyKnitters. Vanna's Choice is, as said above, a very good worsted weight, I love the colors as most of them are more earthy type tones and they work beautifully together.

By the way, a lot of the Lion yarns do not have center pull skeins, so I just roll all of them from the outside.

Archived