where do i find Afghan hooks

dragonlord

In any big box store like Michael's, Joann, Walmart. (I'm assuming you are in the US). I suggest you get the cabled hooks, I've used the long solid ones and they're hard on my hands. If you're googling, also try tunisian hooks (same thing).

Granny is correct, I would only add that the cabled ones are great for afghans, but may be a little cumbersome if you are making something small. Then you would want to go for the uncabled kind.

If you are interested in a full set of wood hooks at a reasonable price check

http://www.deramoresus.com

This is an English company with excellent service and free shipping on all orders. They offer a metric set that is good. You can get a conversion

chart for American hooks. The set I have is wood with cables and end caps.

I have been using it for over a year and am very happy with it.

• 1 month later...

I'm sorry this is not very timely but, Amazon.com has a selection of Tunisian Crochet Hooks and if you order through the link on Crochetville, they get a little something out of it. ;)

• 5 months later...
where do i find Afghan hooks

i am taking the tunisian crochet class on annies attic-

i finally found the afghan hooks needed-ebay and amazon had a few of the hooks-i didn't want interchangeablle ones.

i found them eknittingneedles.com, yarnmarket.com, turn-of-thecentury.com,frugalhaus.com

i like susan bates hooks the best followed by wood

• 3 months later...

I had the Boye size J cabled and it hurt my wrists.  I felt like my wrist was taking the weight of it all.

I bought a set of 3 swivel hooks and the plastic cable fell off one before I even used it. 

I bought a set from China from eBay.  I wasn't expecting much but I really like these.  They're only 10 inches.  The pattern I'm working now only has 65 stitches max at any point, so it's fine with the exception of the first 3 rows which was 130.  A bit jammed but fine.

I have a couple older Hero and Boye and Bates.  They're fine.

I haven't invested in the rather pricey interchangeable sets that are so well made. 

Also I got a rather intriguing one from UK eBay.  Have a daughter who lives there so could get it shipped to her house.

It's bright yellow plastic.  In 4 pieces.  The hook is one piece.  You screw on as many pieces as you like.  The whole thing connected is quite long.

Archived