Spring has Sprung - 15" doll

darski

Spring Has Sprung – 15” doll :pinterest

post-4896-135897748264_thumb.jpg

WW yarn in 4 suitable colours

5.mm, 5.5mm and 6.mm hooks

Buttons.

My colours are actually Deep green, Spring green, Yellow and Heather Purple.

The Gown…

post-4896-135897748267_thumb.jpg

w/ lt. green yarn and 5.mm hook ch 30

Row 1: dc in 3rd ch from hook, *dc in 1, 2dc in next* rep to end

Row 2: (RS) dc in 4, 2dc in next, [ch 2, dc in next] 10 times, ch 2, 2dc in next, dc in 10, 2dc in next, [ch 2, dc in next] 10 times, ch 2, 2dc in next, dc in 4.

Row 3: dc in 5, 2dc in next, sk all ch 2 spaces, 2dc in next, dc in 12, 2dc in next, sk all ch 2 spaces, 2dc in next, dc in 5.

Row 4: dc evenly. (30dc)

Row 5: sc evenly across

Row 6: dc in front and back loop of every sc. (60 dc)

Rows 7-8: dc evenly. Join after row 8 and switch to 5.5mm hook

Rows 9-11:dc evenly. Break off after row 11.

Row 12: att yellow… Dc in 2, *spike dc in next, dc in 2* rep to end

Row 13:dc evenly. Break off yellow.

Row 14: att purple… dc in 1, *spike dc in 1, dc in 2* rep to end.

Row 15: dc evenly.

Row 16: work [sc/ch 3, sk1] around but end with ch1, dc in beginning sc.

Row 17: hdc in ch 3 loop, *ch 2, 2 hdc in next ch 3 loop* rep to last, ch 2, hdc in beg ch 3 loop. Join. Break off purple.

Edging…

Att lt. green at back left edge and sc along left edge, at the neck, ch 6,*tr/ch2 in every neck stitch* rep to last, ch 6 slst into back edge, sc along right edge working button loops as you go.

Bonnet..

post-4896-135897748272_thumb.jpg

w/ WW yarn and 5.5mm hook Ch 4

Row 1: 14 dc in 4th ch from hook.(15dc)

Row 2: 2sc in ea dc. (30 sc)

Row 3: *2dc in 1, dc in next*. Rep to end

Row 4: flip bonnet good side down. FPsc in ea dc.

Rows 5-7: dc evenly. change to 6.mm hook

Row 8: turn. Work *2 dc in 2, dc in 2* in Back Loops Only rep to end however it works out. Turn

Row 9: dc evenly around. Break off Deep green. Att lt. green

Row 10: hdc in 2,* spike hdc in next, hdc in 3* rep to end- fudge as needed if needed.

Add trims and the bow to the back if you like them. My bow was 2 rows of sc over 30 sts. My tails are just slst thru a chain. Use any floral motifs you like. If you could match the colours I would suggest a finer yarn than I used.

post-4896-135897748275_thumb.jpg

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2012

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

post-4896-135897748258_thumb.jpg

Cuteness overload! Which doll exactly is this? I have to get one!

This is the 15" Dress Up Adventure Dora and she is no longer being sold that I know of. Some people are still finding her at thrift stores so it can be worth a look.

Generally speaking these patterns should fit an 18" doll with only a couple more rows on the pant legs. Check the "Dora is my darling" thread to see a Dora outfit on an 18" Fancy Nancy doll.

This is the 15" Dress Up Adventure Dora and she is no longer being sold that I know of. Some people are still finding her at thrift stores so it can be worth a look.

Generally speaking these patterns should fit an 18" doll with only a couple more rows on the pant legs. Check the "Dora is my darling" thread to see a Dora outfit on an 18" Fancy Nancy doll.

Thank you for the info! I was able to snag the only one on ebay. I am eager to start on these soon. Have a wonderful day :)

Thank you for the info! I was able to snag the only one on ebay. I am eager to start on these soon. Have a wonderful day :)

Fabulous! You will enjoy her. She just makes you smile sitting by the computer :wlol

• 6 years later...

Archived