1st Purse

RocketCityMama

Very pretty purse!!:) I love the fabric that you used!! (I know what you mean about lining a purse..........the part I don't like is having to come up with the lining pattern in the first place!! I also have to add a pocket or two!! But once I have the pattern....not so bad!!) :lol

Thanks everyone! I have to admit I am excited it turned out so great, and I just hope who ever gets it will love it!

I know the cutting lady at Hobby Lobby thought I was crazy walking around with my yarn looking at fabric to match lol but I think it goes perfectly and I hope it's a nice pop of color for spring. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
how did you sew the lining??.. did you hand sew it or machine? is there a special technique to sewing in a lining to yarn projects?

I hand stitched it in using invisible thread, I pinned it in first and then whipstitched it the best I could, trying to keep the thread inside the fabric and only on the inside loops of the yarn. Very important to pin and not pull to tight, so the fabric doesn't pucker anywhere and end up smaller than the purse. Making the lining the right size was the worst part for me... :( and I didn't do it on paper first, I should have traced the purse (around) it on paper and then use it to make the pattern and then cut the fabric etc.

Great job on matching the fabric to the yarn! Did you use your own pattern?

Thanks :) I did not, I used this pattern : http://shortylamcrochet.blogspot.com/2006/11/nordstrom-hobo-bag.html

as you can tell my pattern ended up slightly different, so I probably tweaked (not on purpose lol) it as I went and I didn't want the ribbon and I crocheted the strap. I was going to use the mag. snaps but couldn't find any locally:eek so it went without, but I did sew 2 pockets :)

Archived