Tried new needles

CLLinda

I recently started knitting Barbie clothes on really small needles and ordered some Kollage Square needles. They are terrific. They are easy on the hands.

Just thought I would share with you guys. I'm using 4's, 2's and 1's on this Barbie Dress.

:manyheart

I have some Kollage DPNs which I used to knit sock heel flaps and turns. Otherwise my socks are done on two circs. My only gripe with knitting all the sock with Kollage is getting started. It's always very fiddly but the heavy metal (compared to say, bamboo) is difficult to use till there is some length to the piece.

• 4 months later...
Knitters pride now have square wood needles. I love them. They are called cubics!

I saw them and I was wondering how they are. I'll have to order some and give them a try. Thanks for the info!

:manyheart

Ok, I have not seen square needles before...can they be bought at JoAnns or Michaels?

Kollage makes metal ones I ordered mine online. The Cubics needles I have came from my LYS. I think that you can order both of them online if you can not find them where you live.

I really like the Kollage square needles. I've used dpn's to knit socks, and single points for many other things. I haven't really noticed a difference in hand fatigue, mostly because I usually find knitting to be less tiring to my hands than crochet anyway. I just really like way the aluminum holds yarn - they seem to have a bit better 'grip' with many yarns than other aluminum needles, but are still very smooth to work. That may be because of the needle shape. The stitches also stay even, which is nice if you have to put down/pick up a project a bunch.

I don't know that I'd spring for a set in every size, but if I have the option to use them with a project, I do.

Archived