Sashay scarf pattern

Tarianna

Question

Does anyone have the red heart sashay neck scarf pattern. I would love to make this scarf but can't find the crechet version. I'm also having trouble finding the yarn. Everyone seems to be out of it. help please Tarianna

15 answers to this question

ACMoore has a similar yarn to Sashay. If you order the sashay on line there might be a minimum order and you will have to pay postage. But I have seen the other yarn at ACmoore and they are very pretty.

Joann's and Michaels carry it. However, I can't find any one who understands the video instructions from Red Heart.

I might understand it if I could see it. The video appears to be there, but when I click play, I get audio and no visual. My media player is updated, so I don't think that's the problem. Maybe they are updating the video?

Our walmarts have it in wisconsin.

Istarted one but finding it s l o w to work up. The pattern takes the whole all and i barely have 6" done. It is pretty tho.

Hugs,

Laurel

I have used the pattern that Maggie Weldon has on You Tube. The video is for Starbella yarn. The yarns are only a little different. Sashay has smaller holes. I have thought a friend to make ruffled scarves. She used Sasay and they turned out beautiful. Hope this helps.

I watched the Maggie Weldon You Tube and it was very easy to follow. It is worked length wise and not side to side which I much prefer. I have made 14 scarves in the past five days! Takes me about one hour per scarf tops.

I like the Sashay yarn/ribbon but I have had real bad luck with it having huge knots, out of 8 skeins, six had a knot and one had a section frayed so bad it had pulled apart. I called Red Heart yarn this morning and they are replacing the skeins. She said it is not at all unusual. I like Starbella too, more glitter and I have not found a knot or any problems with it.

I have finished one sashay scarf and knitted it in 8 stitches which took a skein and a half of another and it ended up being 60" long.

I just started one in crochet and it is fiddly in getting it started. I am curious as to how many skeins it will take to get it 60". I think it will take more to make it 60" and find that it is actually slower in crocheting this kind of yarn over knitting it.

Archived