Orange you nice :)

Will you be using orange or tangerine this year?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be using orange or tangerine this year?

• Yesssss... love the chance every time oranges appear
    • I plan to use it in a couple of places
    • Haven't decided on this one - waiting for the jury verdict
    • I don't think so... not my cup of juice
    • Wouldn't be found dead with any orange in my cart.

I have been following the colour trends choice of Tangerine Tango as "The Colour of the Year"...

I'm just wondering how others are viewing this trend. I love the oranges but I know it is an acquired taste.

Will you be using and enjoying this newest trend?

I use orange when creating things for the men in my family that hunt.

I also do small boys hats,mittens,slippers since they want what their

dad's and older brothers have even if they can not go hunting.

What I find most interesting is that "they" have declared orange (well Tangerine Tango) to be the colour of the year but very few people actually tolerate the colour... never mind like it.

I like coral a lot, so orange with some pink in it is fine with me. I can see pure orange as an accent color, for a belt or bag, which i am seeing in magazines and clothing ads. Or a jewelry piece, or embellishment. I might wear an orange blouse if i loved the cut.

I've never cared for orange, but I'm better about it now that I'm older.

The only items I've made all orange are small pumpkins.

I do use orange in my rainbow items.

I make a lot of items with stripes, but rather than use orange, I change to peach, which I love. I think peach goes with a lot of other colors better than orange. I have not been able to get with this trend of putting orange with purple and pink, which to me, clashes.

One of my unfinished projects, waiting for me to get back to it, is a spring shawl in peach, yellow, and dark green ~ representing tulips and daffodils. I don't think it would be nearly as pretty if I used orange instead of peach.

I love coral very much. True orange is not a favorite of mine, but I can't imagine a fall look for anything without at least a little orange in it. There are colors that would come behind orange for me....mauve is one of them, also what I call the Walmart blue.

I have not seen much orange (yet) at the major department stores I shop and the only time of year I use orange is Halloween. Now peach.... love it- with other pastels.

I am not an orange/yellow or red fan however when making rainbow scarfs I use those colors! they look great together but still now my choice to grab off the shelf. I will also being using orange maybe for work as I work w/ people who must wear orange vests daily and I was thinking about making some sun hats from orange cotton as well.. to keep the sun/sweat down..

this trend of putting orange with ... pink, which to me, clashes.

Had to laugh at that, that combo just screams '60s to me and is so part of the recent retro look. I think clashing was the point back then.

I look ghastly wearing those colors, but they're cheerful & I like to use them in kitchen-y things like pot holders, scrubbies & such.

I just recently started using a little more orange toned colors as I am branching out into more 'brights' rather than earth tones, pinks/rose, and blues/greens. But I didn't know it was a trend color lol. I just knew that I considered it a bright color and hoped it would work with my bright color afghan.

Orange is not a color I favor at all. I won't be doing anyting with it, unless my niece needs another hat. She goes to U of Illinois and their colors are navy and orange. I made her a scarf and a hat for Christmas this year.

:manyheart

I had to look this color up on the internet. I really like it! Orange is not my favorite color, but after seeing this color, I will be seeking it out (or shades like it). :cheer

I like orange, or Tango Tangerine :manyheart

I dont think I look good in that color, but I do want an orange purse. I have a tangerine nail polish and I think some orange flat shoes would be cute!!

what I thought was funny to see was some neon color clothing and accessories in the stores! :2spin

It is so interesting to see colors from 60s come back around. Some I like and some I don't like too much. I don't plan on getting any orange furniture or appliances. I'm going to have a few orange colors around in yarn. I'm going to make a candy corn colored afghan (orange, yellow & bright white) for a fall craft sale and also a few candy corn baby sweaters.

I forgot to say in my earlier post that the high school colors here are orange and black, so people in my area wear orange T shirts and hats all the time. Although I'm not wild about orange because I feel like I'm wearing a road sign, local people love the color.

I voted sometimes. I mostly use it for Halloween stuff or if I'm doing rainbow colors. I use light peach (flesh color) when making dolls. Unless someone requests something orange, I don't use it. I don't keep much in my stash either.

Ellie 13

Archived