Opinion's Please

Lynn

Question

Ok, this may not be the place to post this but I do need help! lo, I am making an afghan for a 13 yr old boy who has requested red and black. I suggested adding white and he thought that was a good idea. I am doing a version of The Sunny Spread but looking more like a bull's eye. I have grafted out 2 versions - black background and white background. Need opinions as to which looks better

Thanks so much! :manyheart

post-2266-135897746846_thumb.jpg

post-2266-13589774685_thumb.jpg

19 answers to this question

Thank you all! I am kinda leaning toward the black background too!

@ Granny Square ---- Thanks for pointing that out. They were supposed to be black centers and I forgot to do it and didn't realize it until you said black centers! lol

Oh, with black centers in the white circles, then i like the black background too.:)

I really like the idea of putting a sc round of black in between the colors of the circle.

I agree, and would prefer an sc ring of white in the black/red circles too.

Thanks all! Black background it is! I'll post pics when I get it finished! You guys are the best!!!:manyheart

Definitely black background. White tends to give it a more ethereal look and softens the edges. Black is a grounding color and makes other colors pop. And for a boy, black is best.

Thank you all! I am kinda leaning toward the black background too!

@ Granny Square ---- Thanks for pointing that out. They were supposed to be black centers and I forgot to do it and didn't realize it until you said black centers! lol

Ha ha, I like the 'getting dirty' rationale.

I like the black background too, not for that reason, and I was staring at both trying to figure out why. I think it's at least partly because I tend to like things symmetrical, and if you'd put black centers in the red circles in the one with the white background, it might work better. Or at least give you another arrangement to ponder.

I agree with Rosered about the black background being a better choice for a teenage boy. I think the circles might show up a little better if you add a round of black between the red and white.

I like the black background better. I also think that for a 13 year old boy that the black is a better background and it's harder to see when it gets dirty.

Either way - I think he'll love it.

Archived