Sneaking yarn in the home

Do you hide just bought yarn?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Do you hide just bought yarn?

• Yes, I hide yarn getting it into the home
    • Yes, I hide yarn after it is in the home
    • Yes, I hide other needle craft items
    • I pretend that new yarn is not new
    • I camouflage yarn as in pillow shams..
    • I hide yarn outside of the home as in the car or garage
    • No, I do not hide yarn

My motto...Pay in cash and burn the receipts! :lol

All kidding aside, I don't need to hide yarn, but we have fun pretending that I'm sneaking it in ("What do you have in that bag????"). I spend less money on yarn than cetain people, who shall be nameless, spend at the hardware store ("I bought $100 worth of dirt this week!").

:crocheting

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I buy only 1 or 2 skeins I boldly bring it in the house. If I buy more than that I leave it in the car, and bring it in the next morning while he is still sleeping. I have stashes all over the place. In bins, in my luggage, behind the dresser in the guest room. I am getting to be a pro at this.

I used to hide it - now it is out in the open - all over the house - it definitely is cheaper than therapy - I actually crochet afghans for hospice patients so I needs lots and lots of yarn. NEVER pass up a great sale especially using coupons

• 3 weeks later...

I live alone now so I don't have to hide it anymore. In the past I did have to hide it at times.... my husband didn't understand that I needed more, a different color or even why I just wanted that particular yarn.

I tried to make him understand that yarn was my addiction just as computer equipment was his. lol.

• 1 month later...

Interesting thread, reminds me of my first husband. I actually pilfered money from the groceries just to buy wool, back then my mother sure bought the wrong color alot.

With my second husband he would just smile and shake his head, now I'm a widow and live alone so no one's here to question me. I sure do miss those smiles though

• 1 month later...

DH goes with me to buy yarn, helps me choose the colors, and encourages me while I am working on something, so no need to hide it. I love having such a support system! In fact, sometimes I think I am buying too much, and try to put it back and he wont let me!:manyheart:manyheart

I used to hide yarn - but then stopped - cuz I couldn't figure out why I did - my husband was oblivious and didn't ask questions so I thought - why should I feel guilty - everyone has some kind of weakness ;)

I must say now I am more careful about bringing it home because of the space needed to store it - I have a room - but I don't want it trailing out into another!

My husband will actually ask me if I have enough yarn or if I'm running low. :)I have bins and bins of yarn in the spare bedroom (I'll never use it all), but he doesn't say anything when I need to get more. He has hobbies too, and I would never say anything about what he buys.

Yes I have hid yarn in my vehicle waiting for hubby to go to bed then bring it in. I shouldn't hide it because I always tell him later on on bought it. It's when I tell him I. Going for a couple things then bring back bags of yarn.LOL. I haven't done it in a long time.

• 2 weeks later...

Do yo sneak yarn in the home? :shop  No...if I was still married to my first husband, I might, but I don't need to now.

If so, how do you do it? :juggle

Do you hide yarn in the home? :hook  No...

If so, where to you hide it? :lol

Do you sneak any other needlecraft items? :dreaming  No...but in my previous life yeah...

If so, how and where to you hide them? :idea

Now.. have you ever got caught? :rip :angel some things yes, other things no...but I don't live like that now.

• 1 month later...

I don't necessarily "Hide" it, but when asked, it was on sale. ALWAYS. ON. SALE. 

Hubs doesn't mind when I get new yarn, he's just much happier if I got a bargain. He hasn't a clue how much yarn is anyway. I do get loads of yarn from freecycle and from friends that tried and didn't like crocheting. 

Yesterday I made all 3 of my sons new hats, in their chosen colors. he was thrilled that I don't have to buy them hats! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived