Sneaking yarn in the home

Do you hide just bought yarn?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Do you hide just bought yarn?

• Yes, I hide yarn getting it into the home
    • Yes, I hide yarn after it is in the home
    • Yes, I hide other needle craft items
    • I pretend that new yarn is not new
    • I camouflage yarn as in pillow shams..
    • I hide yarn outside of the home as in the car or garage
    • No, I do not hide yarn

Do yo sneak yarn in the home? :shop

If so, how do you do it? :juggle

Do you hide yarn in the home? :hook

If so, where to you hide it? :lol

Do you sneak any other needlecraft items? :dreaming

If so, how and where to you hide them? :idea

Now.. have you ever got caught? :rip :angel

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My dh and I are on a bit of a tight budget, so I've been known to 1)bring new yarn in the house, and immediately put it with the older yarn, so I can tell him "It was with all the rest of my yarn, honest!" 2) Hide the yarn in the shopping bag with the "feminine products" so dh won't look at it. 3)Dh has no idea exactly how big my stash is, because none of it is now in the bedroom with us.

I don't hide my yarn.

It is currently next to me in a big Bag for Life from the Supermarket. As we are currently lodging with my Mum, there isn't a lot of room for much stuff anyway so no hiding places. Not that I would hide it anyway.

Mr Skoggy is always asking me what I'm making / wanting to make. :)

I don't hide my yarn either...The boyfriend is 100% supportive and he even brings me home yarn sometimes :)

I do sneak yarn and other materials into the house. DH gets all bent out of shape if he sees me bring in the yarn, so I just wait until he's gone, or taking a nap, and bring it in.

My car trunk is a good place to hide it until he's out of the picture for a little while.

:manyheart

Not yarn. Other stuff, like clothes, or shoes... Maybe. :P Chocolate, yes. Because I don't want anyone else to eat it. Hee Hee..

My husband is really supportive of my yarn addiction, too. :devil

I did a couple times when I first got together with my husband. Ya know what? He buys what he wants - so I do too. Besides - as far as hobbies go crochet is one of the less expensive ones to have.

My DH is usually with me when I buy yarn. But I wouldn't hide it anyway. My DH supports my hobby, since he knows it keeps me sane. :lol

It does help with sanity. Raising children is a big task, and if you can have some time for crochet, it can really help.

:manyheart

I don't have to hide anything or justify it in any way, even though I have no income of my own my Beloved is happy for me to spend what I want on what I want so long as the bills are paid first. He's the best :manyheart

I am a widow so I don't have to hide yarn. But even when my hubby was alive, he was very supportive and did not mind when I bought yarn or any craft supplies into the house. The only thing he asked was that it be contained neatly, he hated clutter and so do I. So it was never a problem. He was very proud of the gifts I would make for others and also the items that went to charity.

LI Roe

Because I get to hear how I don't need anymore yarn, :sigh I have sneaked it in and just put it with the older yarn. :lurk Now I just walk in and just put it away and nothing gets said. :shop We have talked lately about my crocheting and he has resently become very supportive. :h5 I am wanting to start writing crochet patterns and setting up a small crochet business :compute which he wants to help me set up! :hook

Congrats on the future plans!!!!!

I cannot suggest strongly enough to take AmyS's class 'Do I want to start a crochet business?'. There are many little things involved in creating a legal business that ya just don't even know to think of. It's an EXCELLENT class.

Congrats on the future plans!!!!!

I cannot suggest strongly enough to take AmyS's class 'Do I want to start a crochet business?'. There are many little things involved in creating a legal business that ya just don't even know to think of. It's an EXCELLENT class.

Thank you RoseRed.. I will look into it!

• 2 weeks later...

No, I don't hide yarn.

My husband is very supportive of my crochet hobby. However as I have a pretty good size stash, he does suggest that I slow down the shopping and buy more as needed. That's ok with me, although I do look at yarn every chance I get!

My yarn stash is pretty big, well, maybe not as big as some people I know. Every time I start a new project that requires new yarn, my husband gets upset because I'm spending money on yarn, having so much yarn in the house. However, if he doesn't see it come in the house, he doesn't know it wasn't already part of the stash. :-)

I went through the trouble of starting a project with some yarn from my stash to please him and I ran out half way and had to go and get more yarn anyway. since then he's a bit more understanding. :-)

• 4 weeks later...

No, I don't hide it. Hubby gets a kick out of my hobby mainly because he profits from the fruits of my labor. Also, as long as I'm crocheting, I'm not in the stores. LOL! This may be one of the cheapest addictions ever!

Archived