Dora is My Darling

darski

although I don't plan to post any more patterns here I do want to post this for the Dora Lovers everywhere.

:pinterest

Dora is My Darling 15” doll

post-4896-135897745634_thumb.jpg

4.5mm, 5.mm and 6.mm hook

Chenille yarn, WW yarn and SW yarn.

Elastic waistband

Artificial flower trims as or if you wish.

DNBO= do Not Break Off

Picot 3dc group. In the middle of 3 dc group work [2dc, ch 3, slst in 3rd ch from hook, dc in the same st].

Pants..

post-4896-135897745643_thumb.jpg

DNBO after 2nd leg.

w/ 5.mm hook and suitable yarn ch 25 and join.

Row 1: dc evenly around.

Row 2: dc in1, dc dec, dc to end. (24dc)

Rep rows 1 and 2 three times but alternate dec to beginning and end of row. 21 dc at the end of row 8.

Your Torso rows begin and end at Centre Front.

T Row 1: Align the two legs and join with 6 sc, ch 1. Begin working in dc around the leg sections, Put the first dc in the same stitch as the sc join.

It might be helpful here to go to the back to Mark out your increase stitches. Put markers in the stitches that are 5 from the Centre Back join on each side.

Dc to your first marker… work [2dc, 1dc, 2dc, 1dc, 2dc] over the five stitches, work 3 TR into the CB join, work [ ] again then continue in dc to beginning of row being sure to put stitch in sc-joined stitch on this side, join.

Row T2-T3: work evenly in dc.

Row T4: work dc but work 1 decrease on each side of back (2 decreases).

Row T5: work a row of sc (or hdc) around an elastic waistband. Join. Break off and tidy all ends.

Hat

post-4896-135897745659_thumb.jpg

w/ Chenille yarn and 5.mm hook ch 4

Row 1: 10 dc in 4th ch from hook. (11 dc)

Row 2: 2 dc in ea dc.

Row 3: *2dc in 1, dc in next* rep to end.

Row 4: *dc in 2, 2dc in next* rep to end.

Row 5: dc in 1, *2dc in next, dc in 3* rep to last 2, dc in 2. (55dc)

Rows 6-8: dc evenly around.

Row 9: sc in 14, 2 FPsc in 27, sc in 14.

Row 10: over the first 14 sts, work [2dc in 1, dc in next] over the Post stitches work evenly then rep [ ] over the last 14 sts.

Rows 11- 15: dc evenly.

Edge with ch 3/sc trim row.

Use matching yarn to stitch some artificial flowers along brim and stitch down the brim to cover the stems.

Top…

post-4896-135897745651_thumb.jpg

SW yarn and 4.5mm hook ch 29…

Row 1: hdc in 2nd ch from hook and ea ch across.

Row 2: sc in 1st, 2 sc in back loop only in 26, sc in last. (54sc)

Row 3: hdc in 6, 2 hdc in next 2, hdc in 11, 2hdc in next 2, hdc in 12, 2hdc in next, hdc in 11, 2hdc in next 2, hdc in 6.

Row 4: hdc in 7, 2 hdc in next 2, hdc in 13, 2hdc in next 2, hdc in 14, 2hdc in next, hdc in 13, 2hdc in next 2, hdc in 7.

Row 5: dc in 8, 2 dc in next 2, dc in 15, 2dc in next 2, dc in 16, 2dc in next, dc in 13, 2dc in next 2, dc in 8.

Row 6: dc in 9, 2dc in next, sk 19, 2dc in next, dc in 18, 2dc in next, sk 19, 2dc in next, dc in 9.

Row 7: dc in 10, 2 dc in next 2, dc in 20, 2dc in next 2, dc in 10.

Row 8: *dc in 1, sk 1, 3dc in next* dc in last.

Row 9: dc in 1st, *3dc group in middle of 3dc group, 2dc in lone dc* rep to last however it works out, dc in last.

Row 10: dc in 1st, *3dc group in middle of 3dc group, dc in 2 dc* rep to last however it works out, dc in last.

Row 11: dc in 1st, * Picot 3dc group in middle of 3dc group, dc in 2 dc* rep to last. Dc in last. If you don’t want to do picots you can work a shell [2dc, ch1, 2dc] instead .

Back and neck edge… sc along back edges working button loops on right back and work sc/ch5 trim along neck stitches. Break off and tidy ends. Sew on buttons.

Sleeves… work around the armhole in dc and finish w/ 2 rows of hdc/FPdc as ribbing. I happen to be a fan of ¾ sleeves but you could make yours to any length you like.

Vest…

post-4896-135897745667_thumb.jpg

Please note that I used the large hook to create the lacy look for this vest.

w/ SW yarn and 6.mm hook ch 44

Row 1: dc in 4th ch from hook and in next 4, ch 2, sk 10, dc in 14, ch 2, sk 10, dc in 4.

Rows 2 -7: work in dc/ch1 mesh.

Row 8: sc in 1st, ch 1, hdc in next dc, ch 1, continue across in dc/ch 1 to last 2dc, hdc in 1, ch1, sc in last.

Edging…

Work around the edge in sc but…

At top front work sc in 1st dc, hdc in next dc, dc dec over next, slst into each ch of strap.

At the back work dc dec in corners, hdc next to and sc along making 1 dec at centre back.

Work left front edge to match right front then continue with sc edging.

The Bag…

post-4896-135897745663_thumb.jpg

Work in spiral and do not join rounds.

w/ chenille yarn and 4.5mm hook ch 12…

hdc in 2nd ch from hook and ea ch to last, 2 hdc in last, hdc along other side and continue for about 8 rows. Work slst into end st, ch 35 and slst into other side to form strap.

Break off and tidy ends. Trim as you wish.

I took a pic of this same outfit on 18" Nancy so you could see how it would fit. Basically, it just needs 2 extra rows on the pants leg and you are good to go.

post-4896-135897745671_thumb.jpg

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2012

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

post-4896-135897745647_thumb.jpg

post-4896-135897745655_thumb.jpg

post-4896-135897745674_thumb.jpg

Thank you Darski. Will you still have patterns up somewhere? I LOVE your doll patterns!

No, patterns will only be available in my Y group. However I think Dora patterns are a bit different as the dolls continue to be loved but patterns are harder to come by as she (this doll) ages. :wlol

Dar, Thanks so much for showing Nancy in the outfit. I have been trying to get my DGD a 15" Dora and have either not been able to find one or not had the money when I did find one. She does have a Fancy Nancy so now I can start using the patterns that you have so graciously allowed use to have access to. Judy

Dar, Thanks so much for showing Nancy in the outfit. I have been trying to get my DGD a 15" Dora and have either not been able to find one or not had the money when I did find one. She does have a Fancy Nancy so now I can start using the patterns that you have so graciously allowed use to have access to. Judy

I am so pleased that this worked for you. it is a big discussion point in my Dora group about what can fit something. :wlol

• 5 months later...

I love all your patterns and dolls. I have made so many of your clothes but it is so hard to choose which one's I like best. I made one of your suits for Dora and gave to my friend and her little girl loved it. I go to thrift shops all the time and get dolls cheap(Except for my Patty Playpal),and make them clothes and give them to friends and Family. I wish thru my 20 something years I had made pics of my things, or had a computer to keep them all on. But now my Arthritis is getting worst and I can't do as much but this is still what I love to do. I don't normally get on here much but you are an inspiration of great talent to me. just wanted you to know that. Are you posting any where else, or have you quit making patterns. Thanks for all your inspirations and again you have a great talent. Debra Cook

I love all your patterns and dolls. I have made so many of your clothes but it is so hard to choose which one's I like best. I made one of your suits for Dora and gave to my friend and her little girl loved it. I go to thrift shops all the time and get dolls cheap(Except for my Patty Playpal),and make them clothes and give them to friends and Family. I wish thru my 20 something years I had made pics of my things, or had a computer to keep them all on. But now my Arthritis is getting worst and I can't do as much but this is still what I love to do. I don't normally get on here much but you are an inspiration of great talent to me. just wanted you to know that. Are you posting any where else, or have you quit making patterns. Thanks for all your inspirations and again you have a great talent. Debra Cook

I still post some patterns here but most of them only go to my Y group.

Thank you for your kind words; I love that you rescue and donate dolls.

I plan to post all Dora patterns here as I make them. It was Dora that got me started in doll clothes designs. Someone here asked me to try a couple and so it goes. :wlol

• 5 years later...

Archived